Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kiven78

Ackerman & Smith Pte Ltd

ACKERMAN & SMITH

*Please beware of this company and i strongly suggest u do your homework before buying anything ,especially a mattress which you will spend 1/4 of your life on.Below is a true account of our horrible experience we went through under ACKERMAN & SMITH pte ltd.

My wife and I went to the home decor fair at Expo in August hoping to land ourselves great deals. After trying through the various mattress brands,we were somehow confused as there wasnt a clear cut on the best comfort mattress we tried.It was then at Ackerman & smith-simmons booth that salesman - JIM LOH told us that the piece of mattress (Arlington Plush) was the one Westin hotel used for their- Heavenly bed which we had foolishly believed without pior check. The main reason for us to actually place a deposit on the mattress is because its a heavenly bed from westin.To our horror when we decided to verify our buy by checking online and calling up simmons salesline ,its actually an exclusive model from simmons to ackerman & smith - its not even similar in any aspect to heavenly bed from Westin according to simmons CSO - wee kiat and his manager.The unethical salesman-Jim Loh has the cheek to argue that its similar in certain specs and that simmon manager dont know anything about heavenly bed detailed specs but the fact is otherwise.We were shocked when we discovered that we can only changed our arlington plush to a similar or greater value item in store which we seriously wont.We were conned into getting a product that wasnt meant to be /promised and we were only allowed to change it to something that we dont want/need.He even avoid our calls and kup our calls after we did a detailed check and demand for our deposit to be fully refund as this is a serious misleading,truth bending,betrayal of consumer's trust case.We will log in our complain with CASE and post our horrific experience in all related forums to warn all prospective mattress buyers about this dishonest sales person.

Edited by kiven78

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I have the same issue with them.

I have contacted the Simmons actual HQ in Singapore and emailed Atlanta about this case.

They sold us the Simmons BeautyRest Arlington as the Heavenly Bed.

More like the Heavenly Joke.

It is confirmed via Simmons Singapore that the Heavenly bed cannot be purchased in Singapore.

Awaiting to resolve my case.

Same here. the arlington plus mattress was sold to me as the heavenly bed.

when I realised my mistake, the Ackerman & Smith people denied ever having said that the Arlington Plus is the renamed heavenly bed. Of course my invoice did not mention Heavenly bed anywhere either.

After a lot of discussions, I was promised an alternative mattress the "Thomson bay".

Of course only after payment of an additional 750 Dollars, on top of the initial 2100 I paid for Arlington.

I declined and finally I received the mattress without additional payment.

Joke of it all - the Thompson bay is worse than Arlington Plus. I gave up and went for Slumberland

My advice: If you hear the name Ackerman and Smith - start running.

My lawyer is handling the case of misrepresentation.

I have the same issue with them.

I have contacted the Simmons actual HQ in Singapore and emailed Atlanta about this case.

They sold us the Simmons BeautyRest Arlington as the Heavenly Bed.

More like the Heavenly Joke.

It is confirmed via Simmons Singapore that the Heavenly bed cannot be purchased in Singapore.

Awaiting to resolve my case.

Im now lodging an official complain through CASE official complain site : http://www.case.org.sg/online_complaint.html

Will keep you guys posted of latest developements,mean while just make sure to check(the company reputation) check(brands trustworthiness n triple check(salesman reputation online if any) before you guys commit yourselves to any home purchases.

wha.. 2 whom joined today have the same complain.

This goes to show that how unreliable/unethical/irresponsible they are to close sales at customer's cost.I strongly believe there are alot of innocent victims who might have chose to suffer in silence either they dont know how to fight for their own rights or they felt it's a hassle to go through all these procedures.I personally felt that we cant let these sales bandit get away scots-free since its concern our next 10-20 yrs of personal sleep health/comfort,not forgeting that not everyone can afford to invest in a 2k plus mattress.This is a total betrayal of consumers trust on salesman,how can a company hire such a despicable conman to market their products.

I had gotten my Simmons from Robinsons Centerpoint, after going to Ackerman & Smith Pte Ltd as I'm totall uncomfortable with the sales techniques and the dodging statements/ descriptions... perhaps the mgmt needs to balance between agresssive sales and being knowledgable in product.

I had gotten my Simmons from Robinsons Centerpoint, after going to Ackerman & Smith Pte Ltd as I'm totall uncomfortable with the sales techniques and the dodging statements/ descriptions... perhaps the mgmt needs to balance between agresssive sales and being knowledgable in product.

yea i totally agree with your point on being dodgy - asked for a piece of pure dunlop type latex laced mattress but keeps pushing us to take their 'Heavenly piece of ****ty crap' said made of superior high density polyxxx material way better than latex which is total bull****.We were totally conned into getting the piece of crap only because JIM LOH promised us Heavenly bed from Westin,its a case of serious breach of consumer's trust and misrepresentation.For that im ready to make life **** for big time con-artist JIM LOH,my online CASE submit approval for starter:

Online Submission

Acknowledgement of Successful Submission.

Dear Valued Consumers,

Acknowledgement of Successful Submission

Thank you for bringing your case to us. Your dispute has been successfully submitted and your reference number is T20090812895. An officer will reply you within three working days and advise you on your recourses.

Should you then wish to continue with this convenient mode of submission, please note that the time taken would be dependent on your ability to submit the necessary documents through email and if required, payment, through normal post. On the other hand, if immediate attention is necessary, you could also choose to visit our office at Ulu Pandan Community Centre with your documents and payment.

Im now lodging an official complain through CASE official complain site : http://www.case.org.sg/online_complaint.html

Will keep you guys posted of latest developements,mean while just make sure to check(the company reputation) check(brands trustworthiness n triple check(salesman reputation online if any) before you guys commit yourselves to any home purchases.

That is great news. I wish I had the courage to do so. Wishing you all the best. Please post the results.

The sales methods are definitely very suspicious. We had to change floors several times, many phonecalls to the "boss".

We actually selected a different brand mattress before entering their store but they claimed that they can deliver any brand mattress for a better price than the official stores. They had a very plausible explanation so we believed this.

Thanks for the info

Dear all.... Ackerman & Smith originated from a HDB furntiture shop in Toa Payoh (near to Braddell MRT)...its known as The Furniture Shoppe....

As all marketing guru have it, a change of name to more 'Ang Mo' style, they became high class!! haha

The person in charge is someone named Eric whose attitude to customers and even suppliers are lousy....

My recommendation to all who is really looking for Simmons to make purchase only in the Simmons boutiques. Anywhere else, especially in those Expo fair will not be encourage....

Uh La La.. the Mattress Guru!!

Edited by mattress.guru

Is this Ackerman and Smith same as Sleep Savvy?

Cos, I bought a Simmons BeautyRest Platinum King size bed during the Home Decor fair on July 1st. The guy who served us was called Eric. can't remember the surname. But he seemed ok. Maybe I just haven't found out that I kena carrot yet.

Anyway, he threw in 2 Deep Sleep pillows and one mattress protector for us. And the mattress was delivered on time. So, ok for me lah.

Is this Ackerman and Smith same as Sleep Savvy?

Cos, I bought a Simmons BeautyRest Platinum King size bed during the Home Decor fair on July 1st. The guy who served us was called Eric. can't remember the surname. But he seemed ok. Maybe I just haven't found out that I kena carrot yet.

Anyway, he threw in 2 Deep Sleep pillows and one mattress protector for us. And the mattress was delivered on time. So, ok for me lah.

I got my mattress from them and everything was fine too. I went to them after a few friends bought from them too.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

If this thread is true, I am really surprised that A&S has degraded to this extent.

If one search this forum on their shop, one would realise they had quite a few good comments. Which led me to buy from them about 1year+ ago.

My experience with them was also good, everything promised was delivered accordingly.

DO NOT BUY FROM ACKERMAN AND SMITH!!

BAD service, their sales people are trained not to let go of you even if you are just going to the toilet, they will follow you till you buy.

Bad experience with ERIC AND JASON. Run if you see those two.

We exchange our model Arlington Plush (aka Heavenly Joke) for another model, the ****ty thing is, they make you top up the difference TO BUY A BETTER CRAP THAN THIS.

worse of all , you can only exchange with the ACKERMAN AND SMITH Model... meaning you practically have like 3 choices.

WORSE OF ALL , the sales person that they allocated to us did not even come, we have to talk to the other person in the shop.

This ****ty experience has taught me to do my research properly.

If I had seen this earlier, you could not even convince me to buy from them even if you gave me money.

I only wish that more people who have been conned report them to Simmons SEA.

When I pointed out that the forums have a few people being scammed already, the sales and customer service have the cheek to say "NO , SORRY MADAM, YOU ARE THE FIRST CASE WE HAD ...."

What a big joke.

Should they even be allowed to continue their business?

Can we do some petition to give them a bloody fine or get them to stop this nonsense?