Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I had my renovation completed by Ronald in November 2014. Just wanted to share with you all.

My experience with Ronald aka Tiler Seng from Designer House. Ronald is very straight-forward and simple guy to work with. You ask for something, he will give you an advise, you make a decision. Simple as that. Everything that needs to be done has a cost. Many of you will be shocked that he charges for services that other IDs do for "free"; but guess what, even with the charges, his price is still reasonable compared to other IDs who provide "free" services in the name of a "package". Ronald has proven to me that everything has a cost and others provide "free" stuff because the cost has already been calculated into the "package price".

Timing wise, there was a little bit of delay waiting for the plumber to come a 2nd time but this was good. Let me elaborate. The plumber actually told me that there was a leak on the toilet bowl. I called the toilet bowl shop and their own plumber came to check. There seriously was no visible leaks. Nothing seemed to be wrong. But guess what, there actually was a VERY SMALL leak coming from the front, inner-side, bottom of the bowl. I'm really pleased that Ronald's plumber did a great job to actually test the toilet bowl properly before fixing it. He could have simply "bo chup" and fix the toilet bowl but he actually made sure the toilet bowl was in proper working condition before sealing it in place. If Ronald's plumber did not help me find out this leak, i'm very sure within a few months, i'll be having lots of trouble.

Next issue, my kitchen walls. I chose to do cement walls. Ronald said he'll get the painters to lacquer the wall but after doing one wall, it did not turn out good and i didnt like it. I preferred an epoxy finish and i decided that i'll do it on my own. Ronald told me not to trouble myself and got his painters to do it for me instead. I just bought the epoxy sealer and the painters came that very same day and completed my kitchen wall. This was an extra service Ronald provided for me.

Next, my drain in my toilet. It was clogged. Upon checking, there seemed to be some stuff in it. I contacted Ronald and within a few days, he got his man to come to clear it for me. Very appreciative of this.

Ronald is quite a busy guy. I'm sure he has a life outside his job so we cannot expect him to be replying tons of messages all the time. When i message him, he usually replies within a few minutes. Sometimes he might delay, but he will definitely reply. If he does forget to reply, please do not get angry, he is human after all, give him a call or send him a reminder message. From my experience so far, he does not seem to run away from responsibility. He does his job well and the after service so far is great.

No renovation is perfect. That is for sure. What is more important is that the ID does not run away from responsibility if problems arise in future.

From my observation, IDs just want a big scale $30000 job where there is a large profit margin. They are really not interested in small scale jobs and that is very saddening. Some customers like me just want to do a small scale renovation to save some money and some IDs literally ignore you since you are not spending a lot. I have personally experienced it. So i'm really appreciative that Ronald took up my small scale job and did a good job. I hope everything lasts well and hope there will be no problem. I have already recommended a few friends and hope they have a good and successful experience with Ronald as well. There will be many more friends in these few years for sure.

Thanks Ronald for all the service so far. My renovation was just a small scale one and i appreciate it very much.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

wow Thanks for comment armani123sg :good:

indeed i am superbusyman who can't find responsible admin staff for my daily account key-in, so i've decided Not to hire anymore admin staff, and rather do everything my own, and has made me double busy haha.

in Chinese there is a say: "took somebody's money, settle somebody's problem"

sad to say, i am facing a few of the people who avoid our chaser after job has completed, which make me even busier :dunno:

This Young couple came to me to ask about renovation for their BTO, they are the last to get FOC cement screed for their vinyl floor finish, while taking photos, happy to hear that they have spend less than $40K for the whole renovation, including appliances.

They are very daring in some way, they have decided not to do laundry with a regular way, so the whole entire Service Yard had been expended to be part of kitchen,

washing machine and dryer has replaced laundry.

Everything that should comes along with a Kitchen will not be compromised, oven, dish washer, what do you want more for a Kitchen Lover?

TS%2004_zpspqggbmlq.jpg

TS%2003_zpsplp2jcir.jpg

TS%2001_zpsj5wwyls5.jpg

TS%2002_zpsssuecjhc.jpg

Hi Tiler Seng,

Can PM me your contact, I want to renovate BTO 4 Rm flat.

Hi Guys if you have already gotten your Key, please faster to have your wet work start one week before the implementing of Prepack screed at June :good:

We are in the mid of shifting showroom, New location is at 400 Balestier Rd, Balestier Plaza #01-24, there are thousand things yet to be done such as our

internet connection... :dunno: but luckily there is smart phone nowaday :good:

How everybody, have you gotten your renovation started before June to avoid that Prepack screed yet? this is your last chance already :good:

Hi Tiler Seng,

Can i have your contact please?

Would like to get a quote for 2 toilets overlay. Thanks.

Already Received Thank You very Much :good:

We are authorized dealer for Silestone, currently they have pull down their price so much due to bad sales record, i find it worth the money now and its anti-bacterial technology has let me look at them differently, we have two demo-set (Kitchen & Island Top) installed just now and workmanship is fine, you may drop by to our new showroom to feel it yourself :good:

Visit us at
400 Balestier Rd, Balestier Plaza #01-24 or visit http://silestone.com.sg/

This is the 5th time or the 4th house (1st house renovated twice) i am renovating for this mid-age owner who has been stationed in Hong Kong as a designer.

As usual he will take me as a contractor and he will sketch his idea from the Air, isn't easy task cause very often we've to wait for his decision before we could even start doing it.

You have to keep your mind open cause he keep changing his idea and make sure his imagination can come to life.

This is a 1st floor condo with a Private Balcony, the hall & balcony has to be combined to become one, we have over-lay Chengai timber over the existing homogeneous floor done by the developer, this is a Crazy moved but the end result are better than expected.

DSC_4625-1_zpskfd8aedo.jpg

DSC_4615-1_zpsaex99vex.jpg

Existing alum sliding has been demolished cause he do not like the opening to the Balcony being restricted by the double fixed panels,

afterall PD door has done a good job by customized it into 3 large slide-and-fold door, i've also customized the usual digital lock to suit this PD door cause owners preferred No key carrying, its a long story for running up & down just to fulfill owner's wish.

DSC_4623-1_zpsilmiszvc.jpg

Minimum furniture that you could see in the Hall cause the owner want a Movie feel, there is no TV in this family, cause every rooms got its projector!

DSC_4613-1_zpser1oh9nl.jpg

Master room is a crazy idea, all dresser & wardrobe have housed in the master Bathroom, they only want a Platform Bed & projector screen plus nothing else.

DSC_4617-1_zpsj05ccvrp.jpg

DSC_4620-1_zps3md2g4xc.jpg

Hi Tiler Seng :)

We have just collected keys for our new 4-room BTO flat and am looking around for some basic renovation Can you kindly quote us for the following works:

1) Hacking of full L-shaped wall between kitchen and living room

2) Tiling of living room, master bedroom and two other bedrooms (Are tiles included or should we purchase our own?)

3) For both common and master Bath

- Remove existing standard wash basins and install new wash basins with storage cabinets below (suspended off the floor)

- Construct shower stall with single sided glass partition

We are still considering kitchen options but would like to request a quote to install kitchen sink, top and bottom cabinets with counter top (on one side of kitchen only).

Thank you very much! :)