Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Sorry to say, Any HDB Renovation commencement date from 01-Dec onwards all have to use Prepack screed and No more usual sand+black cement, means to say

the Tiling work will be much higher & more time consuming, Cost will be up by +25%

Example: for a Living Hall, usual tiling completing cost are $2,600, Dec onwards will be $3,300

My advise is: obtain the renovation start date before Dec to avoid the higher material cost :good:

Bad News for all BTO owner, HDB No more providing free cement screed from 1st-Oct onwards, think the reason is because they try to get away from the

high price of this Prepack screed as mentioned above....smart moved :idea:

Hi there tiler Seng,

I know your are a superbusyman but could you kindly take a few minutes to elborate further on this new hdb ruling? Does the price increase only affect those who want hack and lay tiles and living room? Cos some are saying the excess cos would be only for dry area as they use the sand mix old method while wet area, tilers have always be using water proofing premix cement all along. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

And what are the risk on overlaying?

Sorry I'm quite confuse as I'm looking for contractors/I'd to fully Reno my 4a(1000squareft) and was really given many many different answer and many different quote(heaven and earth type) on the exact same Reno!

U are well respected her so I hope u could share with us on this.

Thx a million

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi there tiler Seng,

I know your are a superbusyman but could you kindly take a few minutes to elborate further on this new hdb ruling? Does the price increase only affect those who want hack and lay tiles and living room? Cos some are saying the excess cos would be only for dry area as they use the sand mix old method while wet area, tilers have always be using water proofing premix cement all along. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

And what are the risk on overlaying?

Sorry I'm quite confuse as I'm looking for contractors/I'd to fully Reno my 4a(1000squareft) and was really given many many different answer and many different quote(heaven and earth type) on the exact same Reno!

U are well respected her so I hope u could share with us on this.

Thx a million

paisey.... Afterall, HDB is trying to get away sand supply to all HDB flat so that it wouldn't stacked their lift and also to keep environment echo clean.

Prepacked has already been use on wet area by all HDB licensed contractor, after June, even dry area are to be use, so this is where the high cost come in.

Owners are being very confuse by all the non-standardize price by the contractors, while some contractor also quite smart, they ask owner to buy themselves if owner don't believe their price, problem is what happen next if short of materials or left over? and who will pay for the additional delivery cost?

there's nothing wrong with overlaying, only worry is what happen if the existing layer of tile popped?

Hope my reply is helpful :good:

That what I worry lor. Meaning if I just Reno kitchen and toilet, hack everything and use premix cement should also be around the same price as before cos all along they already using premix for these area liow.

I'm now in delima cos my existing tiles have holes and the white pvc that connects the 2 tile to form a rounded surface all starts peeling liow.

Tiler Seng, roughly how much would I save if I just do layover and not hack? U can reply me in my email I sent u.

Thanks a lot😁

Hi

Pls PM me quotation for 5 room flat BTO Tiles

Looking for homogenous for living room and vinyl for bedroom.

Unit comes without tiles and doors

Thanks

Hello Tiler Seng,

I have a 4 room HDB flat (104 sq. m) and have specific requirements for re-tiling the flat. May I please have your email and handphone number so that I can communicate my requirements to you in detail for your quotation?

Many thanks.

-Vinn.

Hi

Pls PM me quotation for 5 room flat BTO Tiles

Looking for homogenous for living room and vinyl for bedroom.

Unit comes without tiles and doors

Thanks

Hello Tiler Seng,

I have a 4 room HDB flat (104 sq. m) and have specific requirements for re-tiling the flat. May I please have your email and handphone number so that I can communicate my requirements to you in detail for your quotation?

Many thanks.

-Vinn.

Hi Both, already replied by PM :good:

Hi Tiler Seng,

I am in the midst of planning for my renovation. Can i have your email so that i can send to your a list of work to be done for your quotation? Thanks!

Tiger Seng is a good name, i like it

Oh tiger, can you pm me the quote for 22ft by 9 feet kitchen area to tile with homogenous tiles? Only 30 years plus place that my mum hope to overlay over original mosiac

Please let me know.

Oh tiger, can you pm me the quote for 22ft by 9 feet kitchen area to tile with homogenous tiles? Only 30 years plus place that my mum hope to overlay over original mosiac

Please let me know.

PMed you already :good:

Happy photo shooting today together with a impressive id whom is a friend of the owner, he helped him to design this 2 bedroom's condo and engaged us to complete the dream home for him.

See the end result :good:

MarThoma%20-7_zpspspiwycl.jpg

MarThoma%20-2_zpsohfzgucy.jpg

MarThoma%20-5_zpsjajhn84y.jpg

MarThoma%20-6_zpszie5mse2.jpg

MarThoma%20-4_zpsq1kkftav.jpg

the combination are more to grey tone & warmly lighting are highly recommended for new owner who like industrial design & yet resulting the High-end look :good:

MarThoma%20-16_zpswfgdqtdv.jpg

MarThoma%20-17_zpsfmk2zyfg.jpg

If you are puzzling about where to engage a right & sincere designer for your house, i will recommend this young & creative designer to you,

well, not me, definitely is someone who are younger :good:

MarThoma%20-14_zpsbzssb11p.jpg

MarThoma%20-12_zps52dpmgqp.jpg

MarThoma%20-13_zpscp4bukho.jpg