Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yvonho

Window Grilles Contractor

Hi everyone,

I also notice the different pricing from one to one contractor / ID. But somehow, I don't understand how come the price could be double from the lowest price??? Is there anyone know in depth about window grills like what kind of material they use or they have several grade? Anything that we need to know in order to gauge for the price???

I find that it is very hard to do a bargaining of the price or to determine what is the market price unless we really know a bit more about the window grill (included glasses) others than how they quoted the stuff. I have ever asked a contractor > he said white powder coating is very expensive but how true it is I am not sure. In my assumption, white powder coating is just like "foundation" that we use for make up (sorry, for girls only). If this gone, you can still see what is inside. This white powder coating is just a spray on the grills itself. Nothing much complicated unless anyone of you can share with me the details and process...

Cheers:) Emobebe

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Alex is doing a great job.

He came down to give me a free quotation and i find him and his partner very friendly.

My window grilles are installed now and i really like it :)

Alex is doing a great job.

He came down to give me a free quotation and i find him and his partner very friendly.

My window grilles are installed now and i really like it :)

Hi there,

Can share how much did u do for it? What sort of windows did u install?? :)

Decided to share my experience on Yick Hong Aluminium (WIndow Grilles contractor).

Initially I approached the popular Well*** (Er**) for quote for my balcony grilles, yard area window grilles, and wrough iron gate, n was quoted $2.6k.

My contractor (Jason from U&B Reno) gave me his window contractor, Yick Hong's contact to get a quote directly so that will be cheaper than through Jason.

Anyway, was quite comfortable with Alex from Yick Hong, when he came for measurements n quote (quoted me $2.5k).

Decided to engage Yick Hong though not much difference in price with Well***.

I had asked Alex to help check the window handles & help change if any fautly/ loose. With his own initiative, Alex changed the set in the children room to handles with locks! I was very pleasantly surprised! He also didnt charge us for any additional cost for the handles, ~12 nos in total.

I also asked him to check for my mum's place and change all the remaining ones in my new pl. Of course, paid him for the handles etc.

We are definitely quite happy that we got Alex to do the window grilles job for us!

Hi there, few days back i did my aluminium window grilles for my 4 room hdb flat with Aluminium & wrought iron grilles and i find their service okay too.. anyone tried them before? If yes, approximately how much did they charged you? Personally, my experience with them was satisfactory...

I've just engaged Tay Boon Tat for whole unit window and grills. No comments as the goods are being fabricated so to speak. Will update and provide review when complete.

Hope the work is good though.

QUOTE (bepgof @ Mar 27 2010, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just to share my window grills. Noticed "seldom" hdb owners have window grills like mine. See pictures, solid & not obstructing.

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/7950/dscn0723v.jpg

http://img88.imageshack. us/img88/8942/dscn0729j.jpg

Hi, like your window grill style, please send me your contractor's contact.

How much they charge u?

My email add : dc9525@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Edited by dc9525

anyone engage alex to install window and grilles for service yard only? mine is a new BTO, 4 room unit. plan to install windows n grilles for my service yard. anyone know roughly how much it cost?

I'm using Andrew of Tay Boon Tat. His people have just installed my windows. Quality is good and price reasonable.

I can't say much abt Alex's windows because I didn't engage him in the end.. He was very professional together with his brother. Gave us alot of advise and his prices were very reasonable and would try to match if you had better quotes.. He's pretty sincere and knows his stuff really well.. tells you even what kind of lock you'll get for your window grilles! = )

Our reasons for not getting him in the end were personal and later when I ran into problems with my own contractor on my main door alignment, I didn't know who to turn to fix up my main door and I tried asking him if he had contacts since he deals with wooden doors. He gladly obliged to give me his contractor's number. Very nice of him.

we engaged Alex too! honestly, he's service is really good!

actually i had another window contractor contact. i called him to give me an on-site quotation already. but end up i chose Alex instead.

I called up Alex first. He sounded very friendly over the phone, and when i told him i just want a quotation, and will not be able to sign immediately, he told me he understands. He could also give me a rough quotation over the phone as mine is a new block and he did other units before. He also advised me on the limitation by hdb on the choices of grilles, etc. He just knew his stuff.

So, he set my expectation. When I called up the other contact, he sounded ok, but couldnt give me a rough quote. When i asked if he did any unit in my area before, he said yes. weird.. When he was at my unit, he couldnt give me the quotation immediately even after measurement taken, and could only get back to me 2 days after. and he kept looking at other units' windows as reference like he had never done any before. that made me kinda worried..

in the end, i arranged with Alex to come to my unit to take measurement. the experience was totally different. he could answer everything on the spot. provided choice of materials to be used, advice on the if-else of the choices on how the grilles are to be installed. and he could match the quote of my contractor's contact. of course i chose to engage him!

among all the renovation work carried out in my unit now, he's on the top of my no-regret list! :)

Edited by JieNing