Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yvonho

Window Grilles Contractor

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Decided to share my experience on Yick Hong Aluminium (WIndow Grilles contractor).

Initially I approached the popular Well*** (Er**) for quote for my balcony grilles, yard area window grilles, and wrough iron gate, n was quoted $2.6k.

My contractor (Jason from U&B Reno) gave me his window contractor, Yick Hong's contact to get a quote directly so that will be cheaper than through Jason.

Anyway, was quite comfortable with Alex from Yick Hong, when he came for measurements n quote (quoted me $2.5k).

Decided to engage Yick Hong though not much difference in price with Well***.

I had asked Alex to help check the window handles & help change if any fautly/ loose. With his own initiative, Alex changed the set in the children room to handles with locks! I was very pleasantly surprised! He also didnt charge us for any additional cost for the handles, ~12 nos in total.

I also asked him to check for my mum's place and change all the remaining ones in my new pl. Of course, paid him for the handles etc.

We are definitely quite happy that we got Alex to do the window grilles job for us!

Hi

Can you please sms me your window grilles contact please? 96502580

Thanks!

Hi, can anyone PM me Alex contact? Thanks

I need a quote for my new BTO 4 room plus service yard also.. please give me alex number thx

I deal with vincent, according to him, he & alex are bros...

they did a great job in my house, I got whole house sliding windows, top hung windows, bathroom glass doors, door grille, maindoor & later added kitchen glass sliding door.

They did a great job & price definitely reasonable, willing to rectify any defects for me.. :thumbs up:

I had contacted Alex and he came with his brother to my place yesterday for measurements and quotation.

Pleased with his service and firm up the job on the spot, coming to fix next week. (Ya I know it's 7th month, but had seeked advise on lucky days for renovation keke..) No need to sign anything, just give your ic number and postal code for permit request. No deposit also. Will post pictures when it is done.

My previous house was done with Well***. It was cheap and not much complaints other than a bit shakey if you use strength to shake the gates or windows. So why didn't I go back to Well***? Cos now I am staying on the second floor, higher risk of burglary, and with the flooded comments of Well*** now, guess I had to try other alternatives. Will be able to do a comparison once everything is up.

To be continued..

Sorry it took me so long to come back. Had trouble uploading pix so I will just do a written recollection first.

My husband took leave to oversee the work process. Two guys came at around 9 plus in the morning. Husband updated progress via handphone and all was well until he told me the 7 panel windows meant for living room becomes 8! Had to argue long and hard with the worker that we had agreed 7 panels with Alex. The worker said they had delivered the 8pc panel and if we wanted to change, the window area will have a big 'hole' tonight! Texted Alex to tell him we are not paying until the work is done and he called back and acknowledged his error and reassured us they will fix up the 8pc window temporary and return another day with the agreed 7pc panel.

I rushed home during lunch time to have a quick peek and understand one of the guys would go back to his factory to change the 7pc panel for me. Good, no need to waste another day.

You may ask why 7pc and not 8pc which is an even number keke.. Okay that's just me. My original sliding window in the living room has 6pc panel and I wanted new 6pc casment window but alex said not able to do so for casement as my dimension doesn't allow or something like that, 7pc is still fine. I did not want to have too many panels as I prefer a clear view of the greenery outside my window. I wanted 6 broad one not 8 slim ones. My husband said could be due to the weight of the window if too big piece it will be heavy to push in and out and what if the hinges doesn't support the weight from wear and tear. My husband don't mind the 8pc panel as 8 is an auspicious numbers and windows should come in pairs but I told him 7 is also good cos Lucky Seven mah. Anyway in a nutshell I wanted less panels, better view.

The work was finished around 4 plus and tons of cleaning to be done. Alex did drop by and follow up with an sms to apologise for his error.

Okay now time for verdict:

Quality wise is better and not as shakey, windows felt sturdier, able to 'design' my grilles. If I were on a low budget and can compromise on quality I will go back to wellxxx. If I can spare a little more and wanted peace of mind I would choose alex. Unless you guys can introduce me someone better la..

Sorry it took me so long to come back. Had trouble uploading pix so I will just do a written recollection first.

My husband took leave to oversee the work process. Two guys came at around 9 plus in the morning. Husband updated progress via handphone and all was well until he told me the 7 panel windows meant for living room becomes 8! Had to argue long and hard with the worker that we had agreed 7 panels with Alex. The worker said they had delivered the 8pc panel and if we wanted to change, the window area will have a big 'hole' tonight! Texted Alex to tell him we are not paying until the work is done and he called back and acknowledged his error and reassured us they will fix up the 8pc window temporary and return another day with the agreed 7pc panel.

I rushed home during lunch time to have a quick peek and understand one of the guys would go back to his factory to change the 7pc panel for me. Good, no need to waste another day.

You may ask why 7pc and not 8pc which is an even number keke.. Okay that's just me. My original sliding window in the living room has 6pc panel and I wanted new 6pc casment window but alex said not able to do so for casement as my dimension doesn't allow or something like that, 7pc is still fine. I did not want to have too many panels as I prefer a clear view of the greenery outside my window. I wanted 6 broad one not 8 slim ones. My husband said could be due to the weight of the window if too big piece it will be heavy to push in and out and what if the hinges doesn't support the weight from wear and tear. My husband don't mind the 8pc panel as 8 is an auspicious numbers and windows should come in pairs but I told him 7 is also good cos Lucky Seven mah. Anyway in a nutshell I wanted less panels, better view.

The work was finished around 4 plus and tons of cleaning to be done. Alex did drop by and follow up with an sms to apologise for his error.

Okay now time for verdict:

Quality wise is better and not as shakey, windows felt sturdier, able to 'design' my grilles. If I were on a low budget and can compromise on quality I will go back to wellxxx. If I can spare a little more and wanted peace of mind I would choose alex. Unless you guys can introduce me someone better la..

any pic? thinking of nice window grills.. anyone noe where to get those flowery grills?

Hi guys

As promised I have uploaded pix of my new windows done by alex. It is not so clear due to my shakey hands, apologies..

I wanted a good view of the greenery outside my window hence I opted for less panels less grilles. There is a slight tint of green for my windows, seems a popular choice nowadays.

Front window

frontwindow.jpg

For my back windows I chose something different as I wanted more grilles. Frankly I regretted choosing this design but what's done is done.

Back window

backwindow.jpg

Hi, I too took up Alex's service after reading all the positive reviews. True enough, he's good, and super fast in his turnaround time. And he's helpful too, offering to help us purchase the ventilation fans so we can save some leg work :)

I engaged Alex after reading so much good comment abt Alex and managed to get a quotation over the phone.

After comparing Alex's qoutation and other grill contractors, I decided to booked an appointment with Alex

to come onsite for measurement since Alex's quote is about the same as others and with all the good comments

in this forum.

On the day when he and his partner came for measurement, he quoted a much higher price (almost 40% more).

When I asked him, he just tell me the original quote over the phone is not accurate. But the fact is the

measurement that i have given over the phone is accurate and there is no reason for him to quote me a much

higher price on site.

I guess probably because I'm only installing grill for my service yard and thus the steep marked up in price.

But if he could have give me a accurate qoute over the phone, we will not have to waste each other time.

In the end I did not proceed with him and engaged another contractor (the one that is always at Expo reno fair).

I engaged Alex after reading so much good comment abt Alex and managed to get a quotation over the phone.

After comparing Alex's qoutation and other grill contractors, I decided to booked an appointment with Alex

to come onsite for measurement since Alex's quote is about the same as others and with all the good comments

in this forum.

On the day when he and his partner came for measurement, he quoted a much higher price (almost 40% more).

When I asked him, he just tell me the original quote over the phone is not accurate. But the fact is the

measurement that i have given over the phone is accurate and there is no reason for him to quote me a much

higher price on site.

I guess probably because I'm only installing grill for my service yard and thus the steep marked up in price.

But if he could have give me a accurate qoute over the phone, we will not have to waste each other time.

In the end I did not proceed with him and engaged another contractor (the one that is always at Expo reno fair).

Hihi

I like to share my experience after reading your encounter..

I have engaged Alex to change and install my casement windows some 2 months back. Not only he impressed me with his efficiency and workmanship of the finished job , he is also very open to go that extra mile to ensure my satisfaction. Having worked with countless vendors in my past 3 renovations over 6 years. I feel it's really a breeze dealing with him, he is the sort that takes only a phone call or a few sms-es to settle all rightly without much hassle. I am still getting him to do my main door gate, will post pictures when it's done.

In my opinion on your encounter, i guessed its quite normal for ball park figures given over the phone to vary from the actual quote, as its quoted without accessing the actual site situation. However to be fair, you should allow him to justify the difference compared with the other quotes. I do that all the time to learn more :sport-smiley-004: ..

As layman, I really can’t tell the materials apart. It’s not easy to do an apple to apple comparison unless you have sound knowledge on the materials. It may be crucial to get the lowest rates, it’s also a gamble to let pricing take precedence over all nevertheless.

Having said all, I didn’t mean to have very deep pockets to spurge in any case. To me, its always the preparedness (and luck) to determine if we can get a better deal.

Hope it helps!

:yamseng: