Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dean

Any Recommended Reno Contractor

hi dean..

u can try Mr Tan from eagle design at everton park. 31 yrs of experience.. also have in house design consultant FOC.. hp is 91916633

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

If find so many quote. How to reject them. Cos most reno will contact you. I feel sorry as I can only use 1 reno. Alot of you guys compare how many reno quote.

If find so many quote. How to reject them. Cos most reno will contact you. I feel sorry as I can only use 1 reno. Alot of you guys compare how many reno quote.

no need to be shy de, in total i approach around 7 IDs/contractor for quote. 5 of them submitted. 2 no returns. I just tell those that submitted that I have decided to go along with the lowest quote. They offer to counter propose but when they see my quote they tell me they can't match so they know liao lor.

Hacking off partial wall tiles at Kitchen $750 + Supply material & labour to cement screed & touch up kitchen wall after hacking $500

Total I see 2 ID, 1 Contractor his price for feature wall 4ft x 4.5ft height $500 is not full height.

If quote say full height is it mean to ceiling. There's alot thing i don't know cos 1st time do reno, like no cooking.

see quote here. total $13651.

Edited by dean

wah so small see until my eyes nearly drop out. if quote says full ht means from ceiling to floor. In my opinion i think some of the items in ur quote looks pretty ok the ones that i feel is high is the quote for your 4.5 ft tv wall and tv console. 4.5ft hor is quite small leh. is it becos of the layout of your place? if not then see whether can negotiate for an additional 1-2 ft.

your storage full ht cabinet in kitchen is not part of the main kitchen cabinets? got floor plan to see or not huh?

wah so small see until my eyes nearly drop out. if quote says full ht means from ceiling to floor. In my opinion i think some of the items in ur quote looks pretty ok the ones that i feel is high is the quote for your 4.5 ft tv wall and tv console. 4.5ft hor is quite small leh. is it becos of the layout of your place? if not then see whether can negotiate for an additional 1-2 ft.

your storage full ht cabinet in kitchen is not part of the main kitchen cabinets? got floor plan to see or not huh?

i mean 4.5ft is to full height. cos my house living room **** small. wei wei know about it. No place to put tv. to put 32 inch LCD. i puting near the door.

i going to put see picture here

today i met 1 contractor HDB Lic No HB-02-2428C, 1st time i saw he brought many many photos, catalogs for you to see, his quote for following

1. construct L shape kitchen top cabinet and bottom cabinet, top surface using 人赵stone surface, plywood door include 2 fosted glass door $4045

2. 8ft Full height cabinet @ kitchen with 4 plywood door $1920 (and transfer 1 switch socket to other side of tiles)

3. Flat Dustbin chute $150

4. Hack away wall tile, plaste smooth paint $600

5. 1 toilet pv door $120

6. Supply & Labor WC x 1 and Basin x 1 $480

7. Relocate SCV $120

8. Wardrobe $1320

9. 4 ft feature wall with tv console $500

10. Paint whole house $700 with sealer (2 colors) and plus touch up here and there. Also repair the kitchen toilet ceiling crack.

$4045 include dismantle concrete cement sink, remove old kitchen cabinet, remove basin near toilet, relocate plumbing for washing machine, sink.

Free CLeaning house, free install 4 switch socket

Total $9955

The above guy i don't know he is a contractor or ID. Company is Shing Soon Aluminium Co HDB Licence No HB-02-2428C, he sms me he can offer me 12K plus painting same quote as below link and asked me to consider.

Above quote from other reno company.

Linewerkz very sincerely told me plaster wall and painting is neccesary. also help me to remove all curtains fixture, metal frame at bedroom.

what about don't want feature wall and put pools table in living room? funny right.

Edited by dean

i mean 4.5ft is to full height. cos my house living room **** small. wei wei know about it. No place to put tv. to put 32 inch LCD. i puting near the door.

i going to put see picture here

u put ur feature beside entrance? no window there? or u cover the window? mine i put right on entrance lo.. the sze is 6ft x full height lo... but if u put beside entrance i think maybe only abt 4.5ft ba :)

u put ur feature beside entrance? no window there? or u cover the window? mine i put right on entrance lo.. the sze is 6ft x full height lo... but if u put beside entrance i think maybe only abt 4.5ft ba :)

yeah put beside entrance, also tv cable point (near window) need to transfersummit design quote 4.5FT full height with suspended tv console at $1125

linewerkz quote 1500Lx1200Ht with tv console at $1100. linewerkz with 7%GST.

what does "Any space of work not specified in the contract shall be treated as variation" - does it mean there will be additional cost.

linewerkz - owner need to provide tiles where summit design studio provide supply tile, tile is include.

is it bad? linewerkz payment term 20% Upon Confirmation, 40% Upon Commcement of work, 30% Upon Installation carpentry work, 5% Upon Rectification of defects, 5% Upon Completion

wei wei, where did u buy to cover the window. my flat is at next to end of the corner block. can cover the window meh?

if feature wall 1500Lx1200Ht is how many ft. that mean it is not full height right. so far i only received 2 ID quote, and 1 contractor i don't trust so out.

i don't understand the quote, ID ignore my question about payment term.

quote part A

quote part B

Edited by dean

if feature wall 1500Lx1200Ht is how many ft. that mean it is not full height right. so far i only received 2 ID quote, and 1 contractor i don't trust so out.

i don't understand the quote, ID ignore my question about payment term.

quote part A

quote part B

1500Lx1200HT mean 5ft x 4ft. ya not full height. 4ft is just same height wit window. i wondering how they do ley... bcos only 4ft height but feature wall with console somemore, that mean ur tv cannot buy big size or ur tv is put lower, standard tv height should be ard 2-3ft ba.. console at least 6inch to put dvd player lo.. i think the window cannot cover ba.. bcos is locate at corridor? not sure ley maybe u can check wit HDB. seem ur this quote more on dismantle cost, not much carpenter work n no indicate tiling work, is it wat u wan? better check probaly with them b4 sign, if they ignore ur question better get another quote lo.. since havent start oredy like that.. the payment term is almost same ba.. mine is 10/40/40/10. anything can pm me bcos sometime i no check forum reply lo..:P

yeah put beside entrance, also tv cable point (near window) need to transfersummit design quote 4.5FT full height with suspended tv console at $1125

linewerkz quote 1500Lx1200Ht with tv console at $1100. linewerkz with 7%GST.

what does "Any space of work not specified in the contract shall be treated as variation" - does it mean there will be additional cost.

linewerkz - owner need to provide tiles where summit design studio provide supply tile, tile is include.

is it bad? linewerkz payment term 20% Upon Confirmation, 40% Upon Commcement of work, 30% Upon Installation carpentry work, 5% Upon Rectification of defects, 5% Upon Completion

wei wei, where did u buy to cover the window. my flat is at next to end of the corner block. can cover the window meh?

"Any space of work not specified in the contract shall be treated as variation" mean additional work will be charges ba... so.. that mean they r reminding u watever in black n white they will do accordingly.. so u better check probaly 1 by 1 if there any mistake or any lack of ur requirement.. even the dimention of cabinet lo... once is stated 10ft then they will charges u when exceed the size lo...normally id will inclu the tile ba.. if exclu that mean additional cost for tiles u hav to pay again lo.. can bargain wit them the GST ba..mine gst included.

i no cover the window bcos my feature wall not located beside entrance, normal id can use plywood custom made to cover it but mostly they do at bedroom window, not sure living window can cover or not, better check wit HDB b4 do lo..

no need to be shy de, in total i approach around 7 IDs/contractor for quote. 5 of them submitted. 2 no returns. I just tell those that submitted that I have decided to go along with the lowest quote. They offer to counter propose but when they see my quote they tell me they can't match so they know liao lor.

same here . Total I went ard 10 TD/contractor .

then Henry quote is the lowest . show his quote to others contractor and ID, all cannot match . even the closest is like 2 -3 k different

same here . Total I went ard 10 TD/contractor .

then Henry quote is the lowest . show his quote to others contractor and ID, all cannot match . even the closest is like 2 -3 k different

can pm me henry's contact. thanks