Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Junkay

Help On Divorce Proceedings. Need Updated Info Please

Hi Gurus... Can i verify this rule: Divorce can take place with immediate effect w/o going thru seperation when either one the following take place:

1. Violent act

2. Adultery

3. No intimates for more than a year or not staying together for a year

Thanks...

Edited by bakerqbal

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Gurus... Can i verify this rule: Divorce can take place with immediate effect w/o going thru seperation when either one the following take place:

1. Violent act

2. Adultery

Thanks...

Either party can file for divorce immediately based on 1) or 2).

Not possible to use 3) to file for immediate divorce.

More info here: http://app.subcourts.gov.sg/family/faq.aspx?pageid=3688#

What are the legal requirements for a divorce?

You will be granted a divorce only if a Judge of the Family Court agrees that your marriage has ended. In legal language, the Judge must find that your marriage has irretrievably broken down. This is set out at section 95 of the Women’s Charter.

To prove that your marriage has ended, you must show the Court that one or more of the following facts is true:

• that your spouse has committed adultery, and you find it intolerable to live with him or her

• that your spouse has behaved in such a way that you cannot reasonably be expected to live with him or her

• that your spouse has deserted you for at least two years

• if your spouse agrees to the divorce, that you and your spouse have been separated for at least three years

• if your spouse does not agree to the divorce, that you and your spouse have been separated for at least four years.

These requirements are set out at section 95(3) of the Women’s Charter.

Court looks at HARD evidence, so u cannot just say "she admit it" in the affavidit.

therefore it is best to get a PI and have photos.

If woman commit adultery, there is NO need to maintain her whether she is working or not. Therefore make sure she don't even get a nominal of $1 - which means she can raise the amount in future. Also your PI costs can be claimed in court - make sure both parties are brought to the judge for trial. The judge won't dare to pity them and will give you the right justice.

As for property, as long as both parties contributed, both are entitled to their own share. No one can take over another person's proprety or cpf (therefore do not listen to those rumours where one party can claim the other on these areas). Remember everyone has a right to live in shelter and retire at old age (which is cpf).

As for children - most of the time it is joint custody. But one party needs to shelter the children so it is best to negotiate first within the parents. Even if one party goes jail or die, the other party also cannot change the family name of the child to the new father. Remember that man or woman who commits adultery is consider "no-good" husband or wife, but as a FATHER or MOTHER to the children, there is no proof that they do not love their children.

1. Violent act

2. Adultery

Thanks...

The only other ground for an immediate divorce proceeding is abandonment...

anything else will have to serve a 3 yr separation.

Good Day Everyone,

Myself is looking for a affordable lawyer to file our separation.

Could anyone advise me where i can look for and what are the do's & dont's i should take note of......

Thanks in advance.....

I'm in the midst of getting my divorce also. very tricky. minimal 3 years from date of marriage regardless of situation.

i've got evidence that she committed adultery, from video of sexual activities, audio of sexual activites, gps, sms, email and all voice conversations but the court rejected the divorce.

married on dec08, i moved to china in jan09. (replying this from china)

the reason for reject is that it's minimal of 3 years. no house, no kids.

I filed against her but the court rejected with the minimal of 3 years according to woman's charter. so she is now attempting to file divorce against me instead. not sure if it would work this time.

long story. I wrote a program and installed in on her phone. and the phone would record and forward it to me. i still kept the few gigs of data just in case i need to use it to get things in my favour.

Edited by andywee

To all my bro out there. My heart is with you. I have gone through the same thing but is much smoother. All settled liao with no liability.

IIRC, though divorce is not my specialty.

5 ways to divorce.

1) Unreasonable behaviour, immediate with no need for separation

2) Adultery, immediate with no need for separation

3) Desertion for more than 2 years

4) Mutually agreed divorce, 2 year separation

5) Unilaterally agreed divorce, 3 years separation

Splitting of assets:-

Matrimonial assets are to be split by contributions

Maintenance:-

If one party can show that he or she made sacrifices to maintain for example the household of the family, The other party needs to provide maintenance (super paraphase). Important to note that maintenance / alimony is not just payment from man to woman. It can be vice versa and it has happened before in Singapore.

It is advisable to pay more and get a proper lawyer to help out with such transactions. Some lawyers may be operating a divorce factory and it is in their best interest to churn the cases fast. Convince client to accept a term which later may become unfavourable to the client. One example is alimony which one choose not to collect.

Again, divorce is not my speciality, but i went through it with a ex buddy, and learn it along the way

What about assets accumulated by the party before marriage? Is it to be split equally amongst the two parties?

You can object to that on grounds that she cheated on you & doesn't contribute into the conjugal assets.

How I Got My Husband To Love Me Again
i want to say a very big thanks and appreciation to Prophet Mike for bringing back my husband who left i and the kids for almost two months. i am very much grateful to Prophet Mike. I pray God almighty give you the strength and wisdom to help more people having similar problem like mine. for help you can reach him on his email address: purityspell@gmail.com