Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lordofkings

Swingslide Door

I am going to do my renovation to my 2 bathrooms.

Existing is the old HDB lousy plastic bifold which plastic handle broke off.

ID is proposing aluminium Bi-fold.

My cousin tell me dun get bifold get the new swing slide system door? he tried explaining but still dun get it.

did a google search there is no mention of it, found this forum also no mention.

can somebody enlighten me?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thanks alot!

googled as suggested saw their website and viewed the other site my cousin showed me.

finally understand what he meant after he showed me their website (http://www.swingslide.com.sg/).

The system sounds very good and innovative (after years of fustration from bi-fold) but i will still have to head down to see their finishing and color selectionand most impt pricing.

Thanks for your reply anyway. will post after visiting their showroom

Finally managed to find time to head down to their showroom and Finally clear my questions abt Swingslide door aka pddoor.

The operation method is really special, have never seen before. quite innovative. 2 panels, one of which you can slide to hide behind the other panel and together with the 2 panels (combined together) you can swing open. (haiyo difficult to explain, if need to see visually, go to www.swingslide.com.sg and click at the door)

its Pros are : no bottom track, light weight, saves space

cons: acylic ones not so nice but phenolic ones too expensive.

quoted $299 for an acrylic piece. very tempted by the phenolic ones but costs more... :(

Finally managed to find time to head down to their showroom and Finally clear my questions abt Swingslide door aka pddoor.

The operation method is really special, have never seen before. quite innovative. 2 panels, one of which you can slide to hide behind the other panel and together with the 2 panels (combined together) you can swing open. (haiyo difficult to explain, if need to see visually, go to www.swingslide.com.sg and click at the door)

its Pros are : no bottom track, light weight, saves space

cons: acylic ones not so nice but phenolic ones too expensive.

quoted $299 for an acrylic piece. very tempted by the phenolic ones but costs more... :(

bro, can check with you ....$299 inc installation and removal of the old door? and how much more is the phenolic ones? thanks :)

Thanks alot!

googled as suggested saw their website and viewed the other site my cousin showed me.

finally understand what he meant after he showed me their website (http://www.swingslide.com.sg/).

The system sounds very good and innovative (after years of fustration from bi-fold) but i will still have to head down to see their finishing and color selectionand most impt pricing.

Thanks for your reply anyway. will post after visiting their showroom

google told me that the swingslide website has malware and is dangerous to visit....

bro, can check with you ....$299 inc installation and removal of the old door? and how much more is the phenolic ones? thanks :)

Phenolic cost $399.

google told me that the swingslide website has malware and is dangerous to visit....

Better don't visit their website now...same with Pd door.

personally i'll not go for them as i find it 'filmsy' cos if u push w/o sliding it fully, u'll risk damaging e mechanism.

iirc, there's no replacement for e mechanism. only way is to replace e whole door. try asking e shop to confirm b4 u buy.

Went down last weekend and also confirmed my order for my kitchen door. Chose the tempered glass kind (is it the same as phenolic??) at $390 nett. If you want the "bone" of the door bigger, aka, more stable, it is at $480nett.

It is too ex for me plus my kitchen doorway is small so went with the regular "bone". i was worried on the door being too filmsy esp. for the arcylic one. The glass one is heavier so it is actually quite okay. The most stable one is the bigger "bone" door. That one very very stable. Machiam liked wooden door. But hor.. too ex la..