Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

To start with, I am probably using all the wrong terms. :P

Wondering how the rest of you manage this supposedly simple thing of containing the different 'waters' in the kitchen.

What's happening is this in order:

1. Water get boiled in boiling pot

2. Boiled water goes into Zojirushi 'Handy Pot'. This is the source of hot water.

3. For room-temperature water, boiled water in boiling pot that has cooled is poured into a plastic flask which can withstand hot water up to 70 deg C.

I am finding step 3 to be a little out-of-sync because of the waiting and sometimes cannot wait becos need to boil new hot water. Originally, I tot can use the water from Step 3 but think the Zojirushi 'Handy Pot' too good lah.....water stays hot for too long liao. haha.....

Thinking of getting those jug (aluminium or steel - any difference?) to pour boiled water into for cooling before pouring into the plastic flask.

How else you guys do it?

If going for the jug option, those in market can do or got better recommendations?

Ok ok, stop shouting "super noob"! :P

TIA!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

If ur plastic jug was bigger, then can pour the kettle water into the plastic jug before boiling new batch.

Actually ah.. if kettle got remnant water.. can just top up and reboil mah. Dun need to always boil 100% new water.

Just leave it in the kettle to cool, it is only water. No need pour here pour there so troublesome. If need to boil new water, then just pour into another jug.

the only concern is that the plastic jug is stated to be withstand up to 70 deg C loh....

think as you guys suggested, just need to manage the boiling pot side....

thanks! :)

hi blursotong....i used to be in the same dilemma as you...here's what i do now.

i have a 4.3L electric hotpot, a 4L electric kettle, 2x 1.5L cool water flask & 1x 2L cold water flask (in fridge). i boil water using the electric kettle 2 times a day. 1st in morning before going to work & 2nd at night before sleeping.

freshly boiled water are used to top up the electirc hotpot. rest are left in the kettle to cool. cooled water are then used to top up the cool & cold water flasks every evening & morning.

hope that helps. :)

I have a electric kettle, and a water container that is microwave safe.

If i need hot water, i use the electric kettle , boiled water in under 5 minutes.

if i need to store water, i used the electric kettle to boil the water. after it is boiled, i can immediately pour it into the microwave safe container to let if cool over time.

I don't store hot water. Every time i need, i just boiled since it is so fast using a electric kettle. (especially for some amount of water)

now OG is having a promotion on Zojirushi airpot, and water container (the container is similar to those provided by buffet caterer but proportionately smaller type), flask, food container etc.

the water container can be used to store your after boiled water as the internal of the container feels like teflon coated. it feels like some of those rice cooker inner pot type.

this container can at least contain 10 litre of water but it does not keep the water hot. I saw its going at S$68.00.

anyone tried this?

if not, can go to those household ware shop to buy similar type of water dispensing container. My mum bought 1 stainless steel type and it cost her $100. but it can take direct hot water but also do not keep the water warm.

these containers provide room temp water for drinking as they do not keep water warm.

hope the above helps.