Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
heartya

The House With Blue Lights

Hi,

I've wanted to share my house reno experience for quite a while but held it back as it will only be fair to give my ID a second chance to redeem himself. However, now that he has totally disappoint us, it only fair for us to share with those who are planning to use Plus Interior to have second thoughts on it.

I'm currently using Jaxxx Ng from Plus Interior as it was recommended by one of my friends. Like any other house owner, we did our research on other interior designs and contractors before confirming on the ID which we wanted to engage. Some had great designs but were relatively expensive well others had great pricing (cheap) but we doubt on their workmanship. Finally, we settled down with Plus Interior. In fact, some of our friends' house were done up by them. Hence, we were assured on the quality and workmanship.

Now, our renovation is 50% done up but we were utterly disappointed with their workmanship. This is a very broad statement. Thus, let me justify it with some facts on why we felt the workmanship was poor:

1. Some of edges where there is ABS rimming have popped up.

2. WIW: quotation indicated that the price paid for is for laminate but ID proposed PVC white which is a cheaper quality

3. WIW PVC white: discoloration on the drawers i.e. some abit yellowish and others white.

4. MBR full height headboard: obvious gap between the ceiling and headboard

5. He forgot to inform the carpenter to place the powerpoint wiring at the dressing table and hence, he took a short cut method to rectify it by asking the electrician to lengthen the wiring and use the casing to extend it into the dressing table.

ETC

Right from the start, there was no creativity input from the ID on the design. That was fine for us as we thought that perhaps his strength was in the carpentry. Thus, the design was provided by us. To put it bluntly, since both his creativity and workmanship suck, I question what is his value add as an ID? also, shouldn't he be more professionally by not constantly telling us that his boss is a stingy man and he wants to leave the organisation to set up his own company?

Ps: Should I upload the photos with all the mistakes?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

So sad to hear of your experience.

Please share. This is a free forum for us to warn other people. Esp if you have photos to back it up so why not?

How long as your renovation taken?

Thanks Pinkpetter.

I agree with you that I should share this experience to forewarn people who have intentions to do reno to note.

Some of the mistakes I noted and there are more...

MBR headboard with gaps from the ceiling and holes in between

- reply from ID when I requested for a redo: "Worst case is to remove the headboard and no charge for this item"

- My thoughts: why on earth will I want a refund when at the end of the day, I'll be staying there and having to face this mess is such misery. Shouldn't he propose a better solution? Like my hubby quoted: Successful people look for solutions, failures look for excuses

CIMG2886.jpg

CIMG2889.jpg

WIW wiring - see comments from 1st post

CIMG2912.jpg

Common toilet tile obvious and ugly joint line

- ID was initially very reluctant to change this joint line until I nagged at him about this every time I met him. He finally decided to change it based on my proposal i.e. to cut a U at the pipe and hence the joint line will not be at the middle but at the side where it's not so obvious at eye level.

CIMG2882.jpg

Inconsistent track for WIW drawers - notice that the belt track is the fully extended type and others the normal track that is very noisy. We question why can't he just give us the fully extended type?

CIMG2902.jpg

Contract Price for WIW was quoted for laminate price but during 2D drawing stage, he asked if we are ok with PVC white and not knowing what's the difference, we agreed. To our surprise, we discovered that laminate is actually more expensive and of a better quality than PVC white. Hence, it's like cheating us by quoting a higher price but using a cheaper quality material. Totally unethical.

Edited by heartya

Another mistake

Study Table top laminate already pop up and has jagged edges even before we move it.

- My thoughts: my current custom-made table top of the same material don't even have this issue after using it for almost 2 yrs. My ID Jaxxx Ng used to brag about how good his carpentry work is. Sometimes, I wonder if his vocabulary is limited or is the word 'sucks' missing from his vocabulary. I shall not comment further on this but will let others be the judge.

CIMG2893.jpg

Thanks for your advice Rondy.

I didn't have to threaten. I simply said, I'll hold back the 40% (3rd payment) till the work is done and he threaten back that if I don't give the 40%, his company will stop all work...

I believe that there are others who maybe in the same position as I am or even worst and hence, I've decided to act on something else as we the end users/customers must be protected from these unethical designers/contractors.

Hi!Since u have not fully paid,u can demand them to correct anything that is not properly done.

Else u can threaten not to pay in full.. :unsure:

Hmmm...have you tried going down to the office with all these photos taken and request to see their boss? I hope it helps; and tell him you will send these photos to the press. :deal:

And request to change another project manager. Since he said his boss is a stingy man... Is a good time to pay this man a visit and show him these photos.

Hmm..I do sincerely hope they can rectify it soon for you.

Hmmm...have you tried going down to the office with all these photos taken and request to see their boss? I hope it helps; and tell him you will send these photos to the press. :deal:

And request to change another project manager. Since he said his boss is a stingy man... Is a good time to pay this man a visit and show him these photos.

Hmm..I do sincerely hope they can rectify it soon for you.

Hi Red_devil,

Good suggestion and I do have the intentions to publish this in the press.

I think I read somewhere in the forum that one of the forummer also had some hiccups with Plus Interior.... haiz...

Here's something I'm really happy with. The price of the door is fully justifiable with the quality provided. No complaints on this

CIMG2923.jpg

CIMG2922.jpg

Is better to stop all verbal communication with yr ID. Best, communicate thru email instead. Email all these pics to him and let him know the deadline for completion.

Is better to stop all verbal communication with yr ID. Best, communicate thru email instead. Email all these pics to him and let him know the deadline for completion.

Yes I agree.

At least you will have black and white when you confront his boss else he might deny everything :curse:

Yes I agree.

At least you will have black and white when you confront his boss else he might deny everything :curse:

Totally agree with you. And since last week, I've started communicating via email and sms instead . It's totally pointless speaking with him as it will only cost more heartaches, time wasted and all sorts of negative feelings. In a nutshell, everyone whom I spoke to about him concluded that he has very low EQ.

On a happier note, here are the dining light and one of the room lights which I absolutely adore...

CIMG2686.jpg

CIMG2876.jpg

Edited by heartya

i like this light...it's real classy :)

I really like this light too. When I decided to buy it, I was still trying hard to figure out where to place it but it's simply too beautiful and irresistible not to purchase it. And my hubby ask 'where do you want to place it?' My reply was 'I don't know but I just like it and must buy'... kekeke :D

Wah chio leh

But how to clean ah ? hahahaha :P

I like the led lights though :)

hmmm.. clean ah... use the kao duster (pink colour and traps dust) lor... kekeke :)

hmmm.. clean ah... use the kao duster (pink colour and traps dust) lor... kekeke :)

Yes actually it's very chio but seriously hor I also don't know where can I place it leh hmmm......

Anyway what's the damage ah ?