Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
heartya

The House With Blue Lights

My hubby and I met up with the boss and his lady partner yesterday.

The overall experience was good. They were very accommodating with our request on the rectifications to be done. However, we can't judge or confirm whether they will deliver what they have promised till the final lap of the reno works.

Finally, I can rest well for the next couple of days...

Meanwhile, my granite kitchen top is up. Waiting for the glass backing to be done...

CIMG2984.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi Red_devil,

Good suggestion and I do have the intentions to publish this in the press.

I think I read somewhere in the forum that one of the forummer also had some hiccups with Plus Interior.... haiz...

Here's something I'm really happy with. The price of the door is fully justifiable with the quality provided. No complaints on this

CIMG2923.jpg

CIMG2922.jpg

any idea how much is it if i were to ask my id to add such metal strip to my existing bedroom doors?

many thanks!

Haiz Thanks for sharing. I'm glad the boss has gone down to see and I hope they honour their words.

As for the door.. door is usually by a door contractor so the quality should be there one. The headboard problem is really ridiculous... and you should get a discount off the laminate in the wardrobe man. :)

I LOVE THE LIGHTS!!!!

Seems like another interior designer outsourcing reno works to outsiders. More like reno contractor quality. Guess like we have to live with all this s*** sometimes. Nevertheless, hope that all the rest are well. Withold the last 10% payment until all defects are satisfied. Complain to the ID boss! Threaten him that his company's reno pics are on this forum.

erm.. how much was the cost per ft for the white pvc WIW. btw... why use white pvc? by default..carpentery woods are white already ma. find a discreet corner to scrap see if there is another white pvc layer? did he amend the quotation in black & white?. if not.. i am sure the boss will open the cheque as laminate covering+carpentery for the carpenters. while the bugger pockets the diff from the carpenters. alot of verbal agreement after work starts is where they juice up themselves secretly. :rolleyes:

erm.. how much was the cost per ft for the white pvc WIW. btw... why use white pvc? by default..carpentery woods are white already ma. find a discreet corner to scrap see if there is another white pvc layer? did he amend the quotation in black & white?. if not.. i am sure the boss will open the cheque as laminate covering+carpentery for the carpenters. while the bugger pockets the diff from the carpenters. alot of verbal agreement after work starts is where they juice up themselves secretly. :rolleyes:

Hi, sorry for the late reply as I was really biz with moving house, purchasing stuff, etc. I'm not sure how much it cost per ft but it's L1800mm for $1320

I'm glad that the renovation is completed with some rectifications needed and buying of deco stuff such as carpet, paintings, etc

We liaise directly with the boss for Plus Interior. Overall experience was pretty good. He is accommodating, rectified those issues that the ID (his employee) refused to do.

However, we are still disappointed with Plus Interior as the reno experience totally tired us out

Still Disappointed

- ID (Jaxxx) didn't connect the cooker gas pipe to the main gas pipe which can be very fatal (can cause an explosion). Can you image what will happen if we lighted the cooker with an unconnected gas pipe with gas leakage into our cabinet!!!!

- here's what happened, we decided to cook one evening and switched on the main gas switch. However, we were very curious as to why the meter keep running even though we didn't switch on the cooker. Hence, we thought that the main gas switch may have leaked and decided to call Citygas. The Citygas person came down shortly to check (thank goodness) and told us that our designer made a major mistake by not calling Citygas to switch off the gas prior renovation. To think that he wanted to save $50 by not calling Citygas but the consequences are undeniably fatal!

-Water tank dropped!

-shortly after the gas incident, the water tank dropped and was barely supported by the water pipe and the bi-fold door... OMG.. I'm totally speechless on this!

Less than 2 weeks that I've moved in and the carpentry works seem to be falling apart with the magnet connector for the shoe cabinet falling off!

Contented

- Plus Interior Boss accommodating

- Very happy with the services and workmanship that we outsourced: the wall paper, gate, door, air-con, curtain company :) absolutely went smoothly!

will post the photos tonight

Edited by heartya

I'm glad that the renovation is completed with some rectifications needed and buying of deco stuff such as carpet, paintings, etc

We liaise directly with the boss for Plus Interior. Overall experience was pretty good. He is accommodating, rectified those issues that the ID (his employee) refused to do.

However, we are still disappointed with Plus Interior as the reno experience totally tired us out

Still Disappointed

- ID (Jaxxx) didn't connect the cooker gas pipe to the main gas pipe which can be very fatal (can cause an explosion). Can you image what will happen if we lighted the cooker with an unconnected gas pipe with gas leakage into our cabinet!!!!

- here's what happened, we decided to cook one evening and switched on the main gas switch. However, we were very curious as to why the meter keep running even though we didn't switch on the cooker. Hence, we thought that the main gas switch may have leaked and decided to call Citygas. The Citygas person came down shortly to check (thank goodness) and told us that our designer made a major mistake by not calling Citygas to switch off the gas prior renovation. To think that he wanted to save $50 by not calling Citygas but the consequences is undeniably fatal!

-Water tank dropped!

-shortly after the gas incident, the water tank dropped and was barely supported by the water pipe and the bi-fold door... OMG.. I'm totally speechless on this!

Less than 2 weeks that I've moved in and the carpentry works seem to be falling apart with the magnet connector for the shoe cabinet falling off!

Contented

- Very happy with the services and workmanship that we outsourced: the wall paper, gate, door, air-con, curtain company :) absolutely went smoothly!

hi,

i guess the lucky thig is no one in hurt...but that already over....hope to see some nice nice pic of yr plc...:P

hi,

i guess the lucky thig is no one in hurt...but that already over....hope to see some nice nice pic of yr plc...:P

yeap! It's lucky that no one was hurt and I hope that it doesn't happen again in someone else's reno... it's not worth getting hurt at the expense of someone else's blunder

Everyone is asking me to sue the company... haiz....another tiring process...:(

Edited by heartya

your place looks nice and posh! nice transformation u have there.... looks prefect fm the surface; if u didn't highlight those problems u had @ the beg of ur blog, wouldn't have ever realised anything amiss.

is ur dog @ the corner of the dining room pic? he looks like a carpet :P

your place looks nice and posh! nice transformation u have there.... looks prefect fm the surface; if u didn't highlight those problems u had @ the beg of ur blog, wouldn't have ever realised anything amiss.

is ur dog @ the corner of the dining room pic? he looks like a carpet :P

Thanks Beany!

most of the stuff have been rectified. left with a couple more to go!

as for my dog, yes she's at the corner of the dining room pic. I should take her next to our white carpet in the room while she's slping (her back on the floor with 4 legs hanging in the air..Lol) coz we can't differentiate which is carpet and and which is her... kekekeke :P

Hi, sorry for the late reply as I was really biz with moving house, purchasing stuff, etc. I'm not sure how much it cost per ft but it's L1800mm for $1320

:o 6ft wardrobe for $1320? That's $220 pfr.

If you want white PVC, might as well buy from Ikea :) $800 for L2100mm wardrobe.

Still Disappointed

- here's what happened, we decided to cook one evening and switched on the main gas switch. However, we were very curious as to why the meter keep running even though we didn't switch on the cooker. Hence, we thought that the main gas switch may have leaked and decided to call Citygas. The Citygas person came down shortly to check (thank goodness) and told us that our designer made a major mistake by not calling Citygas to switch off the gas prior renovation. To think that he wanted to save $50 by not calling Citygas but the consequences are undeniably fatal!

-Water tank dropped!

Contented

Wow, this is scary.

I am glad I am going with induction cookers and Ikea furniture :)