Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ynove

Home Is Where The Heart Is

Welcome Ynove.

Your floorplan very similar to mine...just that I dont have balcony. I am in 258 Compassvale Road.

My move in date is also around your date. Should start my own blog soon.

What block in Anchorvale are you in?

I think your flat price very good. I got mine at 405+8K. Only 4th floor unit but very close to Compass Point.

Mine is also move in condition, but the deco is quite dated. So need to do some reno to change the look of living room.

I would be installing two(56") fans in living room..even though I have two aircons in there. Not sure how many BTU.

Can switch on aircon sometime when guests are there, otherwise fan will do.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thanks dyleen!

I finally remembered that I owe you a quote for my bathroom solid top and mirror.

My soild top is 5ft @ $400 and my mirror whole piece is $300.

Yep, am considering getting a contractor. Will get quotes to see if it's a viable choice.

And perhaps i might find a better deal yet for the ceiling fan and bathroom ventilation fan I'm looking for :)

Ynove, I see. I back tracked your thread & saw the things u wanted to do. IMO, it's better to get a contractor to help in some things, because it may be really difficut to coordinate. No harm getting a quote. Some things u can do independently, like painting, etc (will take closer look at ur list again cos I'm using hp.)

If I'm not wrong, $350 for 15whpa is for the fancy glass design mounted in front of your bathroom window, w/o need to replace or remove existing window. If i'm not wrong, they help you with electrical wiring too that's why. You can bring design to contractor to ask for similar design quote. But if the fan sells for $120 (I'm still not sure), it's $230 for glass, wiring & installation. Probably contractor can do a little cheaper. :)

Hi bergkamp

I bought the flat in late July, before prices shot up some more. Where I am, it's about 800m to compasspoint - at 306.

Why do you say your decor is dated?

My flat's previous owners chose a clean, classic theme, so it's nothing fancy, which is what I like.

I'm looking for a ceiling fan too! And looking to install AC in living room too. I remember you from the AC thread :)

The ceiling fan is for the days when the AC is not on. As for the AC, i haven't gotten it yet. Must find out what's the BTU needed.

56" ceiling flan - how many blades?

Welcome Ynove.

Your floorplan very similar to mine...just that I dont have balcony. I am in 258 Compassvale Road.

My move in date is also around your date. Should start my own blog soon.

What block in Anchorvale are you in?

I think your flat price very good. I got mine at 405+8K. Only 4th floor unit but very close to Compass Point.

Mine is also move in condition, but the deco is quite dated. So need to do some reno to change the look of living room.

I would be installing two(56") fans in living room..even though I have two aircons in there. Not sure how many BTU.

Can switch on aircon sometime when guests are there, otherwise fan will do.

I passed by Bakerzin at Vivo recently, and saw this delectable pendant light. Anyone seen it? I haven't come across it in any of the furniture stores I've visited, nor any of the light shops at Balestier.

Someone said this could be at Objet. Gonna take a look soon. They would make lovely dining lights.

3872621321_24b31e6935.jpg

I passed by Bakerzin at Vivo recently, and saw this delectable pendant light. Anyone seen it? I haven't come across it in any of the furniture stores I've visited, nor any of the light shops at Balestier.

Someone said this could be at Objet. Gonna take a look soon. They would make lovely dining lights.

3872621321_24b31e6935.jpg

Yes I saw Objet selling them previously before they closed their Peminpin showroom. You can give them a call to see if their other shop (Marxx Residence) is selling them. They have transferred many of their unsold items over and are also doing a moving out sale now at the Amoy Street showroom.

Yes I saw Objet selling them previously before they closed their Peminpin showroom. You can give them a call to see if their other shop (Marxx Residence) is selling them. They have transferred many of their unsold items over and are also doing a moving out sale now at the Amoy Street showroom.

Ynove, good choice of lights. It looks really unique and glam!

I was at Marxx on Sunday but didn't see this set of lights though.

Actually, alot of the bigger stuff like furniture/shelves/sofas at the Marxx store has already been sold. Only the smaller stuff remain.

Didn't know they closed their Pemimpin showroom. Anyone has their contact and email?

Their website still shows only the Pemimpin address and contact.

What's the Amoy Street address?

Thanks, adrian! I hope it's not as pricey as it is unique and glam! :)

I haven't been able to find the name of these lights nor any shop which sells them...

Ynove, good choice of lights. It looks really unique and glam!

I was at Marxx on Sunday but didn't see this set of lights though.

Actually, alot of the bigger stuff like furniture/shelves/sofas at the Marxx store has already been sold. Only the smaller stuff remain.

Didn't know they closed their Pemimpin showroom. Anyone has their contact and email?

Their website still shows only the Pemimpin address and contact.

What's the Amoy Street address?

Hi ynove

Not sure if this is what you're looking for:

Objet Living

101 Amoy Street

Singapore 069921

Phone: 62208175 | Fax: 62208137

Thanks! I'll look it up.

Hi ynove

Not sure if this is what you're looking for:

Objet Living

101 Amoy Street

Singapore 069921

Phone: 62208175 | Fax: 62208137

Yes, I should really get your advice on what kind of lights I would like to get for my own home.

Especially since you're absolutely the best, a colour coordination expert, and a professional finance person all rolled into one!

Look forward to what some of your constructive suggestions could turn out to be.

glam?

looks like rotten bee hive

really advise u to get something more modern

Hi bergkamp

I bought the flat in late July, before prices shot up some more. Where I am, it's about 800m to compasspoint - at 306.

Why do you say your decor is dated?

My flat's previous owners chose a clean, classic theme, so it's nothing fancy, which is what I like.

I'm looking for a ceiling fan too! And looking to install AC in living room too. I remember you from the AC thread :)

The ceiling fan is for the days when the AC is not on. As for the AC, i haven't gotten it yet. Must find out what's the BTU needed.

56" ceiling flan - how many blades?

I bought in June end...and prices had already shot up. I had to pay the premium for being so close to MRT. What can one do when valuation itself is 405K !!

So overall you got a good deal.

I say decor is dated because it has a very oriental feel to it. Teak , marble and maroon colours....

It is pleasant looking, but I want a more modern makeover for living.

56" KDK fan has 4 blades. 60" one has 5 blades. Both are 420$ + without installation.

I want plain looking fans which dont attract attention.

Being close to MRT will also ensure that your unit will be easy to sell in future. Location's impt, as you already know! So if you can afford it, it's a good buy.

I see what you mean about the dated decor. Maroon!!!!

The KDK fans are really quite expensive. I'm surprised. Maybe I'll scout around for other brands. Heard Elmark's not too bad. But I trust KDK - my KDK standing fans in my current place I've used for a long time and has been working swell.

I bought in June end...and prices had already shot up. I had to pay the premium for being so close to MRT. What can one do when valuation itself is 405K !!

So overall you got a good deal.

I say decor is dated because it has a very oriental feel to it. Teak , marble and maroon colours....

It is pleasant looking, but I want a more modern makeover for living.

56" KDK fan has 4 blades. 60" one has 5 blades. Both are 420$ + without installation.

I want plain looking fans which dont attract attention.