Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ee_soh

Js Furniture Factory Carpentry

I think it is not a matter of "bad attitude" for JS. It is a matter of workmanship. Are they able to deliver? For my case, they came and they go. Rectify and rectify until cow comes home. Once you sign the contract, if you are not satisfied with the quality of work, what can you do?

That was my situation. I just feel frustrated yet not being able to hold them accountable.

But any way, all the best. Hope everything will turn out to your expectation. Just to add, it would be better if you are able to include clause that safeguard the quality of their work. Don't just tell them verbally like I did, let them write down the quality that they would provide.

Cheers

Chng

nod. Thanks for the advice. He's only my carpentry works guy....if i do use him, still have to source for painter, plumbing myself. Whereas the remaining contractors are gonna be "bao ka liao" type. So...minus points for JS i say...but recommended by an ID which i know. So...we shall see...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
ur kitchen looks cool now..:)

wld u mind sharing the cost of this whole kitchen rework (cabinet + hob + etc)

i am planning to do...the same sort.

thanks.

hope u could share the cost for reference. Thanks

• Like 1

Anyone tried "My ID Factory" before? Btw, if you get carpentry people to do up the kitchen cabinet, will they help to install cooker hob, hood, sink??

JS furniture.. Power... defect here and there, open & hidden. The list is so long i give up listing it down here.

Summary

Workmanship = poor

Service = poor

Extra service : China worker to argue with you! Just so you are willing to accept the **** job.

Maybe I **** suay, Maybe I **** picky, Maybe I **** typical singaporean. Wanna try your luck? Good Luck to you & Let your adventure begins!

Had emailed Jack and he replied with the quotation fast. Also had arranged for him to come to my place to take some measurement and also see the laminates being used with my other furniture.

Unfortunately the arranged date which is last sat, he no show. Called him and no calls being answered. Kinda irresponsible i will say.

i originally wanted to engage JS to do up my kitchen cabinets as well as wardrobe. recommendation is fm my best frd who vouched for their vanity workmanship.

however for me, as with discoburg's case, it was kinda pushing-back appointments after appointments, and does impress upon us that JS may not take our 'small' biz into their consideration. the time we called was start of may. after numerous postphoning of appts, we decided fate may not have allowed us to engage JS & we move on to our engaged id who did a perfect job for us on all areas.

reading this thread, it seems to me JS is so very busy continuously for the past 1.5yrs!

my introducer in the end, did admit to me that the Minus Point for Jack the boss is: you may have to chase hard since he can be very forgetful most times for promised appts!

oh well...! :bleah:

Edited by tuasbird

i originally wanted to engage JS to do up my kitchen cabinets as well as wardrobe. recommendation is fm my best frd who vouched for their vanity workmanship.

however for me, as with discoburg's case, it was kinda pushing-back appointments after appointments, and does impress upon us that JS may not take our 'small' biz into their consideration. the time we called was start of may. after numerous postphoning of appts, we decided fate may not have allowed us to engage JS & we move on to our engaged id who did a perfect job for us on all areas.

reading this thread, it seems to me JS is so very busy continuously for the past 1.5yrs!

my introducer in the end, did admit to me that the Minus Point for Jack the boss is: you may have to chase hard since he can be very forgetful most times for promised appts!

oh well...! :bleah:

having said all these, may i add that i do not condemn nor vouch for their workmanship...jus to be fair! Jack as i'd spoken with, seemed very approachable kinda of guy but of cos my 'drawback' as mentioned.

see, different bosses conduct biz in ways deems rightful to em. my opinion as posted is a truthful account of what we experienced but do take it as a pinch of salt lor :sport-smiley-018:

Edited by tuasbird

Horrible salesman.as if im begging for money.

the designer name is two letters.thats all i can say.when he heard my budget is 45k for 4 room,start to show interest.

i wouldnt pay 2 dollars for such co.

waste of time.

I am having nightmare with the job done by them. Initial job failed as finishing was bad and they pulled out the original socket which I have in place by HDB / DBSS. Finishing of the console/feature wall is so bad that even on the next touch ups, a week later when I returned to my unit it still bad. And the salesperson just will not respond to your messages / pick up your calls. I am taking this case one level up if they did not respond to my emails. The worst part is I have paid in full! I got my sister to oversee the initial fittings as I had to attend a conference. At first completion, it looked ok though they had promised to return and resolve the socket issue. It fell apart within 24hours with the glue/finishing touch all crack. And now due to the data port they pulled without checking my internet connection fails and when the hdb electricians came by they confirmed the cable pulled from the original socket is not done correctly. This is a real nightmare

I have been quoted to do kitchen cabinet by either Jack or Steven. When I telephoned to check the quote and the other person over the line seem not to be a pro-business person. Manner of speaking like with the air like not really need my business attitude. His name is POH and I got so pissed that I told him that I would call again and speak to the one that quoted. 

• Sad 1