Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
eittus

Furniture Shops

Hi,

I have been to many furniture shops and can't seem to find what I am looking for. Either that or they are really expensive. I am looking more for modern/contemporary design with some interesting/different design.

Any nice shops to recommend?

I have seen Lorenzo, xzqt, air, space, harvey norman, IFC, novena group, HTL, Domicil, winter, xtra, mode studio, molecule, lifestorey, Furniture mall, ikea, lush, marquis, silver river, proof living, avanni, castilla, comfort design.

Any other places that you guys think is nice? Maybe some furniture shop that has some singaporean designer or somethng? Might be cheaper than the imported ones?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi eittus, you went to so many places but did anything catch your eyes?

If you did you could actually scout around the smaller shops to check prices.

It would be very helpful to have pictures to show as i know some items at bigger showrooms can be found in small furniture shops. But the bad thing is that they never display due to space issues.

2 reasons they might have,

firstly they have the same suppliers in singapore (bed frames and mattresses etc)

secondly they do imports too (can import from china)

But only some items cause:

Lorenzo and air has their own factory in china

HTL and domicil is same company which is locally made sofa mainly exporting to europe

Harvey is import plus suppliers

IFC mainly imports

winter, mode studio is suppliers and import

ikea have their own factory and the richest furniture business in the world

silver river is import and suppliers

The rest i am not very sure so i dont want to comment.

Hi,

I have been to many furniture shops and can't seem to find what I am looking for. Either that or they are really expensive. I am looking more for modern/contemporary design with some interesting/different design.

I have seen Lorenzo, xzqt, air, space, harvey norman, IFC, novena group, HTL, Domicil, winter, xtra, mode studio, molecule, lifestorey, Furniture mall, ikea, lush, marquis, silver river, proof living, avanni, castilla, comfort design.

Any other places that you guys think is nice? Maybe some furniture shop that has some singaporean designer or somethng? Might be cheaper than the imported ones?

Other brands you may want to look at are:

Star Furniture Group, includes Star, Mondi, Lucano and Zen Tradition.

OM, showrooms at Liang Court, IMM and Joo Seng Road.

Hey Charles - I have seen a few that i like but they are very expensive.

Urban foundry - I can't seem to copy the photo. It is called Linear coffee table.

Sofa - L shaped sofa at Inch ( Sugei Kadut)

Bed - haven't found any. Saw one at Avanni but quite ex leh. I need bed frame to stand on its own. Coz i Not placing it by the wall. Hmm.. where is good to find this kind of bed frame?

Sam - Star Furniture group - Mondi and Om under star? I have seen mondi. Some nice pieces there. I will go to Om and Lucano to check out the rest. Thanks!!

Hey Charles - I have seen a few that i like but they are very expensive.

Urban foundry - I can't seem to copy the photo. It is called Linear coffee table.

Sofa - L shaped sofa at Inch ( Sugei Kadut)

Bed - haven't found any. Saw one at Avanni but quite ex leh. I need bed frame to stand on its own. Coz i Not placing it by the wall. Hmm.. where is good to find this kind of bed frame?

Sam - Star Furniture group - Mondi and Om under star? I have seen mondi. Some nice pieces there. I will go to Om and Lucano to check out the rest. Thanks!!

OM is not part of Star.

OM belongs to Nobel Design Ltd.

Bro you can try doing a print screen and paste in photo editor or photoshop to get the pics.

It would be easier to find using pictures.

OM and star and mondi are good places to shop for furniture but they may not be on the cheap side but QC will be there.

Let me know what is the bed you saw at avanni and i can help you source but of course it is still up to you to go to the place to QC for yourself.

Hi,

I think you gonna have hard time looking for furniture , you have to forgo some if it out of your budget since you been to many places , import furniture by yourself is a no no because there no guarantee on the product if it get damage and overall you paying higher due to the freight charges etc , better buy off the shelves from the local retailer it save you all the hassle. maybe you should customize your furniture if you still can't find anything you like. :rolleyes:

You could also visit Evov Living at Balestier road.

But I think after going through so many shops you would have got a good idea of the designs available in market these days.

Now its all about your budget and design/builld priorities.

I have similar constraints. Personally I am looking for better quality over better design when trying to accomodate things in my budget.

For example when selecting a lounge chair..

A Full Leather/Steel Barcelona chair at Evov is around 900+$

A more simple leather/steel chair at Cellini is 350$

I like Barcelona design more...and I can even buy a PU/Chrome version of it for around 4-500$.

But I am opting for the Cellini, as I prefer the durability of leather/stainless steel.

Edited by bergkamp

Hi,

Thanks for all your replies! I went down to hommage and evolvlivibg over the weekend. I find hommage items quite reasonably priced but their finishings are a little rough. I can see the screws for the bed frame etc.

As for evovliving, i must have seen the wrong things! I asked for the price of the lounge chair and it cost like 1.4k. The Dinning table alone cost like 2.7k and the 2 seater cloth sofa cost like 2k. I think too ex liao ba...Hmm...

beef - it is hard to find furniture! I really thought of importing myself.. but it seems very impossible. sigh. What to do... have to source locally and they are all pretty ex...

Hi,

Thanks for all your replies! I went down to hommage and evolvlivibg over the weekend. I find hommage items quite reasonably priced but their finishings are a little rough. I can see the screws for the bed frame etc.

As for evovliving, i must have seen the wrong things! I asked for the price of the lounge chair and it cost like 1.4k. The Dinning table alone cost like 2.7k and the 2 seater cloth sofa cost like 2k. I think too ex liao ba...Hmm...

beef - it is hard to find furniture! I really thought of importing myself.. but it seems very impossible. sigh. What to do... have to source locally and they are all pretty ex...

I will be getting my Dining set from Evov. Their Stainless Steel quality is really very eye catching.

A 1.6m table(selected models) and 4 chairs package is around 1800$. Overshoots my budget a bit but the design and quality really very good compared to others I had seen in this price range.

Also like some other stuff like side tables....but those will really blow my budget.

Berg - They have pretty nice items. The dinning table that i was looking at was longer which was why it cost so much i guess. It is a 2m x 1m table with stainless steel legs. 2.7k leh. Without chairs.

Anyway, I manage to find a dinning table at xzqt but more plain table at a lower price.

Now still searching for bed frame, console set, etc...

Hi,

I have experience with Furniture Club @ IMM service and product are very good.

Also tried King's Furnishing @ IFC===> Go at your own risk!!! I was cheat by them for a sofa set.

Bad after sales service as well.

No doubt, Go for those more reputable shop.

Hi,

Hi eittus,

I have bought all of my furnitures from Winter @ Furniture mall. 2 bed frames with mattresses, dinning set with 6 chairs, tv unit, coffee table and sofa. Goods were delivered on time and I find the quality not too bad. Worth the money spent. :) The sales-lady is also nice and helpful. You may like to go down to Furniture mall and take a look, look for the sales-lady (Ms Labon Ng). Happy shopping :)

For sofa, I bought my 3 seater full leather from Species (Furniture Mall, beach road) after visiting various places. reason is they do customisation (length/ colour) and they are well within my budget and quite comfortable. Just went to buy an ottoman from them again.

So far no complaints, quite happy with it

Edited by hawthorne

For sofa, I bought my 3 seater full leather from Species (Furniture Mall, beach road) after visiting various places. reason is they do customisation (length/ colour) and they are well within my budget and quite comfortable. Just went to buy an ottoman from them again.

So far no complaints, quite happy with it

i saw the tv console table at species.....1300, next door is selling at 850, neighbourhood shop sell at 600 ++

same same tv console.