Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aerial77_00

Frosted Glass Door For Common Toilet

err, from the pic i look at the doors, it should not hav certain weight resistent for a 4 yrs old kid unless they use different hinges. maybe its the rubber at the sides causing the resistent. My both toilets doors r also frameless glass doors, its good n look classy than bi-fold doors n comes with 2 yrs warranty.

it's heavy enough to discourage my 4yo and 2 yo from wanting to pull it open. the 4yo can still pull it open but he needs to use his body weight to counter the door weight

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Somthing to take note about using frosted glass for the toilet door.

My present house uses frosted glass for our toilet.

sliding full glass for the master and wood framed swing door for the common.

for the mbr toilet, we realise this little in convience when I sometimes comes home late and need to use the toilet.

switching on the light the glass door will lightup the whole bedroom.

you cannot shut out the light even when you close the door.

As for the guest toilet the glass is a little too see thru, where ones can see "image" of the person inside.

If you get what I mean.

Just somthing to share.

I thought about the privacy issue too..... really not as much privacy as one would want when engaging in an activity as private as what happens behind those doors right...:D Plus... can also get distracted by the movements outside the door...:D

im thinking of having glass door for my toilets too but worry about privacy since i don't think my guests will like the idea of it. im ok with its only my hubby and myself but i really can't think of any alternatives since i think bi-fold doors are really ugly :( maybe unless i paste something on the glass door like white paper or something on the inside. gotta have 'em glass doors!!

im thinking of having glass door for my toilets too but worry about privacy since i don't think my guests will like the idea of it. im ok with its only my hubby and myself but i really can't think of any alternatives since i think bi-fold doors are really ugly :( maybe unless i paste something on the glass door like white paper or something on the inside. gotta have 'em glass doors!!

Bi-fold door ugly? Then paste paper on frosted glass door not ugly?

me considering to have glass door for both my mbr and common toilet as well. i read from some forum that some ppl have to hack their existing doorframe before they install the glass door? from the photo above i dont see any door frames? maybe for old flat isit?

coz by right, toilet should be fully tiled for new flats correct?

oh, one more thing, are we able to choose the degree of opacity for frosted glass doors or does it come standard from manufacturer?

hope someone can enlighten. :)

Edited by steadfast

I just renovated my master toilet and install frosted glass door... My glass door hinges is mounted on the wall, thus no need door frame. And something is installed on the top, that acts like a stopper, to prevent the door from swinging outward. Not sure about the degree of (frosted) opacity... my contractor did not tell me there's different degree of opacity.