Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vorks

Window Latch Spoilt...

Hi there,

the place i bought is around 8 yrs old. A couple of the window latch/lock is spoilt. When I push the lock/latch down, nothing comes down ie the lock has probably broken off. I'm trying to see if anyone know where I can find people who fix this kinda of things? And any idea how much?

thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi there,

the place i bought is around 8 yrs old. A couple of the window latch/lock is spoilt. When I push the lock/latch down, nothing comes down ie the lock has probably broken off. I'm trying to see if anyone know where I can find people who fix this kinda of things? And any idea how much?

thanks!

there're some aluminum window fabricators along ubi rd 3. i got my window handles from there...u can check them out. good luck.

there're some aluminum window fabricators along ubi rd 3. i got my window handles from there...u can check them out. good luck.

issue is I need rivet gun etc to nail it in, I don't have such tools. Think might be easier if i get someone to do....

issue is I need rivet gun etc to nail it in, I don't have such tools. Think might be easier if i get someone to do....

hi, if you do find anyone doing it, pls post and share here.

I am looking for ppl to do rotate window mounting for just 1 panel.

Have you thought of changing it?? For me, I think the best you can do in this is to change rather than fix it.. Hope it helps..

Regards..

--------------------

Custom Window Treatments

want to change but havent found anyone who can do it...the contractor who promised to do it never... -_- and now not answering my calls

One alternative to fasten lock on alumn. window grille is to use countersunk machine screw if you don't mind the unsightly nut.

Most probably, the contractor is not interested in your job as it is too small, and the charges is going to be very high.

A rivet gun with some rivets will set you back about $16.00 and you can use it next time. A latch depending on type should not cost more than $10.00. The contractor will charge you at least $50 for transport and maybe extra for labour and parts.

If you can handle a screw driver, you can do the job.