Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
coffee_o

2 Storey Coffee Shop

Mine not really fully done yet but at least now I can see the finishing line soon :)

Kopi, which contractor u get to finish up the work for u?

LOL bro like i said I need my "finance minister" to approve of the purchase :P

I have not bought any electronics yet but my sofa has been delivered and serta service is one of the best that they allow me to postpone the delivery date not lesser than 5 times :D

I postponed my delivery many times too - from Serta too. Hee.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Ya resume liao :) they should do all the grilles and my roof 1st b4 starting on the carpentry :)

Hi coffee_o!

First post on renotalk, new EM owner here - looking for information and inspiration for my reno :)

I have a question that I hope I can find some help with. I see that you are going to do / have done polycarbonate roofing over your balcony. I'm interested in doing this too, but over the access area of my corner unit instead. I made some enquiries and was told that HDB will not approve polycarbonate roofing, so I didn't bother to ask HDB and gave up on that thought - until I found renotalk! Now I have hope again! :lol:

I was wondering if your ID did a submission on the polycarbonate roofing for you, or is HDB approval not necessary? If submission was done, did the ID have to give some kind of reasoning to "persuade" HDB to allow this? I'm just hoping my info was wrong and HDB does routinely approve this kind of construction.

Thanks in advance for your help!! And of course anyone else who has advice for me, please jump in. :)

Ya long time din hear from you leh how have you been ? Remember to teach me how to bake when I move in hor LOL :P

Haha, share info and experience sure can. But teach.. hehehe, I'm not that good lar. :D

Long time no see Angel!My sister recently siao bake the heart shape cheese cake!

Sort of a In tin now?saw it selling near my place,a miserable piece for $1!

below is digestive biscuit,then center is cheese and on top is Olio jelly with a heart shape strawberry,

U know how to bake?

U mean strawberry jelly hearts izit? Yes, I know how to do that. It's actually a no-bake cheesecake, and rather easy.

Edited by Angel81

Kopi, which contractor u get to finish up the work for u?

Bro I asked my fren's contractor to finish up the stuff, of cos this will be the additional cost i will have to incurred lah

Hi coffee_o!

First post on renotalk, new EM owner here - looking for information and inspiration for my reno :)

I have a question that I hope I can find some help with. I see that you are going to do / have done polycarbonate roofing over your balcony. I'm interested in doing this too, but over the access area of my corner unit instead. I made some enquiries and was told that HDB will not approve polycarbonate roofing, so I didn't bother to ask HDB and gave up on that thought - until I found renotalk! Now I have hope again! :lol:

I was wondering if your ID did a submission on the polycarbonate roofing for you, or is HDB approval not necessary? If submission was done, did the ID have to give some kind of reasoning to "persuade" HDB to allow this? I'm just hoping my info was wrong and HDB does routinely approve this kind of construction.

Thanks in advance for your help!! And of course anyone else who has advice for me, please jump in. :)

Hi misswookie

welcome :D

anyway I'm sorry to disappoint you that nowadays HDB do not approve of polycarbonate roofing anymore and only approve the normal clay kind. Check with numerous contractor and ppl installing the roof and all gave me the same answer. Like you, I'm extremely disappointed too but there's an old saying "You can do anything, just don't get caught" LOL :P

Haha, share info and experience sure can. But teach.. hehehe, I'm not that good lar. :D

Can lah I'm sure you can teach a noob like me how to bake LOL

Can lah I'm sure you can teach a noob like me how to bake LOL

heheh.. So any rough estimate of HO? Then can go to your place and mess it up with flour, butter and eggs. :P

heheh.. So any rough estimate of HO? Then can go to your place and mess it up with flour, butter and eggs. :P

Hopefully can be end of this month or early next month bah *pray hard* :bow: :bow: :bow:

Hi misswookie

welcome :D

anyway I'm sorry to disappoint you that nowadays HDB do not approve of polycarbonate roofing anymore and only approve the normal clay kind. Check with numerous contractor and ppl installing the roof and all gave me the same answer. Like you, I'm extremely disappointed too but there's an old saying "You can do anything, just don't get caught" LOL :P

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly!

This really sucks. Afterall, I'm the one who's living upstairs, not some crazy person who'll set the roof on fire or throw an anvil out of the window. But like you said, not getting caught is key!

Thanks again!!

Hopefully can be end of this month or early next month bah *pray hard* :bow: :bow: :bow:

bro kopi, hope to see the 'new' kopi shop complete soon. its coming to an end.. :)

Yes!truly agree with u,Simon!I always follow this rule de!hehehe...

is it true that a HDB cant allow to have 2 Instant heater!? :unsure:

I heard that old house cannot . those above 15yrs one . But newer flat can . Due to the power rating I think

so,that means i am again following Rule No 1 ah!?

I install 2 lei! :o

ha .... shhh ..... maybe lor .... me not too sure also . Jus happen to heard from Henry when I request to install the 3rd water heater at the service balcony ..... (thinking to bath Jaden there .... phhaha)

then he told me cannot one . Cannot suka suka install one. Last time old house only can install one.

I think the same apply to air con compressor .... some old house only can have 1 too

bro kopi, hope to see the 'new' kopi shop complete soon. its coming to an end.. :)

Thanks bro I sure hope so. It's an extremely taxing journey :(