Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
coffee_o

2 Storey Coffee Shop

Hey no prob :D anyway you might wants to check with your ID as getting the permit is not an easy task too

Hello!

I'm not using ID. Save $$! Hubby is picky and I'm also not very easy to please so thought do it with contractor better. Then any design problem is our own pasah, cannot blame anyone. Otherwise spend more $$ to get ID, if we don't accept ID's ideas then we would have paid extra for nothing, plus the ID will also have mental breakdown dealing with us.

Anyway, what permit were you referring to? Got the approvals and started work already, except the polycarbonate roof one which we will not submit now. We got keys early Jan, work started in earnest after CNY and now still renovating. Contractor says estimated completion in May. Faint lah.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Haiz, very sad leh like this. I think ur ID/contractor should compensate you guys for the mental stress/upset. haha

Haha. My relationship with ID can vomit blood. But almost at finishing point liao, no point dragging over it.

Hello!

I'm not using ID. Save $$! Hubby is picky and I'm also not very easy to please so thought do it with contractor better. Then any design problem is our own pasah, cannot blame anyone. Otherwise spend more $$ to get ID, if we don't accept ID's ideas then we would have paid extra for nothing, plus the ID will also have mental breakdown dealing with us.

My ID said he is traumatised working with us. Lol.

Haha. My relationship with ID can vomit blood. But almost at finishing point liao, no point dragging over it.

My ID said he is traumatised working with us. Lol.

Hi Mickey! :)

Sounds like you made him work hard for his money ;)

I think our contractor finds us super mafan also. When we told him over the phone that we want him to replace the floor traps which were already installed, there was a few seconds of shocked silence. Can imagine 3 streams of sweat trickling down his face like in the manga comics.

Hello!

Anyway, what permit were you referring to? Got the approvals and started work already, except the polycarbonate roof one which we will not submit now. We got keys early Jan, work started in earnest after CNY and now still renovating. Contractor says estimated completion in May. Faint lah.

The permit to replace the roof. Reno permit is easier to get than the stupid roof

The permit to replace the roof. Reno permit is easier to get than the stupid roof

Ah ok. No roof there now, so I guess no permit required...? The previous owners just placed a large piece of canvas (at least I think it's canvas) which was taken down as part of our reno. Incidentally, the HDB officer didn't say anything about the canvas during his inspection before we got the keys, even though canvas is not allowed either. Cross fingers and hope that if he comes around for an inspection after my polycarb roof is up, he also won't say anything.

Ah ok. No roof there now, so I guess no permit required...? The previous owners just placed a large piece of canvas (at least I think it's canvas) which was taken down as part of our reno. Incidentally, the HDB officer didn't say anything about the canvas during his inspection before we got the keys, even though canvas is not allowed either. Cross fingers and hope that if he comes around for an inspection after my polycarb roof is up, he also won't say anything.

They r full of.....

My previous owner just use some plastic sheet to act as a roof and they din even says anything and when we would like to do a proper roof, it's so **** difficult. But do note that if ppl complain and they comes ard. Think the max fine is abt 5k and they will ask you to tear it down.

They r full of.....

My previous owner just use some plastic sheet to act as a roof and they din even says anything and when we would like to do a proper roof, it's so **** difficult. But do note that if ppl complain and they comes ard. Think the max fine is abt 5k and they will ask you to tear it down.

Wah . serious ar . Double standard sia

They r full of.....

Problem is I can't use plastic nor canvas, although they are easy to take down. Won't keep out the rain very well, light rain still ok, but will leak if there's a downpour like a couple of weeks ago. Water seepage into carpentry (shoe shelves) and bamboo flooring in living room would be very very bad!

It seems that they very regularly close one eye to things when doing inspection rounds. But once you ask, they will go by the book and say it's not allowed. I was hoping to just quietly put it in place, but my contractor went to ask the HDB officer yesterday and the officer of course said polycarb roofs are illegal blah blah blah. My contractor's a really nice guy but I could kill him lah, I'd rather not bring such stuff to the officer's attention, asking for trouble only.

Yeah, hang in there bah. Disney magic will start real soon. :D

Hi Mickey! :)

Sounds like you made him work hard for his money ;)

I think our contractor finds us super mafan also. When we told him over the phone that we want him to replace the floor traps which were already installed, there was a few seconds of shocked silence. Can imagine 3 streams of sweat trickling down his face like in the manga comics.

Yah. He is traumatised because I think he never met ppl who dare to scold him. Ha.

Yeah, hang in there bah. Disney magic will start real soon. :D

Ha.. hope so. Regardless what, I will finish the reno with Loyd. The whole thing is just like taking a roller coaster ride. Ha.

Problem is I can't use plastic nor canvas, although they are easy to take down. Won't keep out the rain very well, light rain still ok, but will leak if there's a downpour like a couple of weeks ago. Water seepage into carpentry (shoe shelves) and bamboo flooring in living room would be very very bad!

It seems that they very regularly close one eye to things when doing inspection rounds. But once you ask, they will go by the book and say it's not allowed. I was hoping to just quietly put it in place, but my contractor went to ask the HDB officer yesterday and the officer of course said polycarb roofs are illegal blah blah blah. My contractor's a really nice guy but I could kill him lah, I'd rather not bring such stuff to the officer's attention, asking for trouble only.

So what type of material for roof can you use?

So what type of material for roof can you use?

Either regular tiled roof or polycarbonate. Tiled roof is allowed, but it won't let the light in! :( So I'd very much like to do polycarb, only thing is whether I want to follow SAF rule #1 and go ahead to do it despite potential issues.