Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ckcboy02

Leather Sofa (synthetic Vs Genuine)

Anyone can advise me on the difference between the synthetic leather (PU) sofa and genuine leather sofa?

I have tight budget, considering synthetic leather sofa as it is cheaper than genuine leather sofa. Pls help..

Thanks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Anyone can advise me on the difference between the synthetic leather (PU) sofa and genuine leather sofa?

I have tight budget, considering synthetic leather sofa as it is cheaper than genuine leather sofa. Pls help..

Thanks

It depends on how tight your budget is. If you only have $400 for a sofa set then buy a fabric or PVC set.

If you have more than 1K, you can invest in a Half Leather set.

A leather set will last longer than a PVC set because PVC sofas will tear in about 16 months.

Hi,

Initially I bought 3+2 leather sofa and it was really good and later on, mites (Those you see in old books) started to appear on the sofa and we even used insecticide on it and they were still staying put...so many of them... I guess we had to polish the leather often so that mold wouldn't grow, thus won't have the mites that feed on mold. Maybe we were just very "suay"

Subsequently, I changed to a PVC set and all was well. Easy to maintain. No mites and tears in seat for 3 years until now.

It depends on how tight your budget is. If you only have $400 for a sofa set then buy a fabric or PVC set.

If you have more than 1K, you can invest in a Half Leather set.

A leather set will last longer than a PVC set because PVC sofas will tear in about 16 months.

Thanks SamTheMan

Budget is more than 1k, but not enough to go for the full leather set.

May I know what is the advantage of half leather set as compared to the PU leather sofa? (I am not familiar with sofa)

pinkytan mentioned that her leather sofa grow mite and mold, would this happen to half leather set too?

Thanks for the advice

Thanks SamTheMan

May I know what is the advantage of half leather set as compared to the PU leather sofa? (I am not familiar with sofa)

pinkytan mentioned that her leather sofa grow mite and mold, would this happen to half leather set too?

Thanks for the advice

i think 1.5k can get a full genuine leather 3 seater if got promotions but not sure of the quality tho. maybe u can look ard the few leather sofa shops.

Edited by alamak

Casa Italy has some cheap leather sofas less than 1.5K

Should be reliable.

Otherwise go for fabric....dont go for PU. Cheap PU is really bad.

Thanks SamTheMan

Thanks for the advice

If you have more than 1K by all mean lot for a leather set. Leather will last longer than PU or PVC. Mold happens when you living room is very humid, make sure your living room is well ventilated and not wet and you should be fine.

I suggest you go to the following shops to get good value for money.

Lorenzo, Cellini, Star

Not a big fan of Casa Italy but you can go have a look

If you have more than 1K by all mean lot for a leather set. Leather will last longer than PU or PVC. Mold happens when you living room is very humid, make sure your living room is well ventilated and not wet and you should be fine.

I suggest you go to the following shops to get good value for money.

Lorenzo, Cellini, Star

Not a big fan of Casa Italy but you can go have a look

I did go to Lorenzo, casa italy and Cellini. But it is not easy to get a leather sofa that fits into my budget. Perhaps i need to wait for the promotion....

I did go to Lorenzo, casa italy and Cellini. But it is not easy to get a leather sofa that fits into my budget. Perhaps i need to wait for the promotion....

1st determine your budget.

then wat's your preferences.

synthetic leather has 2 main type, the PVC and PU

myths:

Leather are not less warm than synthetic leather but rather, to be more precise, it takes you longer when you start to feel the heat. eg. you sit on pvc you take 10 min to start sweating on the back, on leather sofa you take 15mins to start sweating, both will sweat.

Leather will have mold and not PVC? not true.

moldy or not depending on house environment, if your house is very humid no matter wat sort of material will have mould.

i have seen solid timbre getting moldy too...

leather must take effort to moisturise and avoid soapy water and even normal tap water only...if after clean water to wipe, please moisturise it...

you dun really need full leather sofa, can consider half leather if you like to reduce the cost

regards

1st determine your budget.

then wat's your preferences.

synthetic leather has 2 main type, the PVC and PU

myths:

Leather are not less warm than synthetic leather but rather, to be more precise, it takes you longer when you start to feel the heat. eg. you sit on pvc you take 10 min to start sweating on the back, on leather sofa you take 15mins to start sweating, both will sweat.

Leather will have mold and not PVC? not true.

moldy or not depending on house environment, if your house is very humid no matter wat sort of material will have mould.

i have seen solid timbre getting moldy too...

leather must take effort to moisturise and avoid soapy water and even normal tap water only...if after clean water to wipe, please moisturise it...

you dun really need full leather sofa, can consider half leather if you like to reduce the cost

regards

Thanks furnituresg for your precious infor. Probably i will go for half leather sofa if dun see the promotion for the full leather sofa.

Thanks furnituresg for your precious infor. Probably i will go for half leather sofa if dun see the promotion for the full leather sofa.

Try to see Univonna shop. Half leather sofa cost only $1k. fits yr budget well. and their design is nice!! the most impt thing is they make their own sofas... not order from some china factory.

and they give 5 yrs warranty.

half leather means the area that your body touches when sitting, are real leather.

the area like the back of sofa, outer side of sofa, bottom of sofa are pvc.

Try to see Univonna shop. Half leather sofa cost only $1k. fits yr budget well. and their design is nice!! the most impt thing is they make their own sofas... not order from some china factory.

and they give 5 yrs warranty.

half leather means the area that your body touches when sitting, are real leather.

the area like the back of sofa, outer side of sofa, bottom of sofa are pvc.

Where is Univonna? $1k for half leather, sounds very good deal. What is the length?

I am looking for 2.8 to 3m

By the way, What does half leather mean? 50% material is genuine leather?

Or portion of the sofa is genuine leather, portion of it is PU leather?

Where is Univonna? $1k for half leather, sounds very good deal. What is the length?

I am looking for 2.8 to 3m

By the way, What does half leather mean? 50% material is genuine leather?

Or portion of the sofa is genuine leather, portion of it is PU leather?

half leather should mean not the whole sofa is covered in leather. u still need to check whether is it genuine or artificial leather. full leather will mean the whole sofa is covered in leather.

wha.. 2.8m is quite long. if hdb, might have problem fitting into the lift or stairs.

Edited by alamak

half leather should mean not the whole sofa is covered in leather. u still need to check whether is it genuine or artificial leather. full leather will mean the whole sofa is covered in leather.

wha.. 2.8m is quite long. if hdb, might have problem fitting into the lift or stairs.

2.8m L-Shape Sofas typically com in full leather.

Actually there's not many places one can go for an honest deal. I recommend

Lorenzo, Cellini and May OM. But be prepared to spend about 3K.

With a budget of 1.5K. I would buy a full leather 3 seater at about 2.1m long. Otherwise, I can easily get a 2.8m L-Shape fabric sofa.

How is the PU/Leather quality at Barang Barang?

Tempted to get a sofa bed from them. Looks good and have a good discount going