Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ckcboy02

Leather Sofa (synthetic Vs Genuine)

Where is Univonna? $1k for half leather, sounds very good deal. What is the length?

I am looking for 2.8 to 3m

By the way, What does half leather mean? 50% material is genuine leather?

Or portion of the sofa is genuine leather, portion of it is PU leather?

they got a shop in Furniture Mall Beach road. that's where i bought mine.

mine is 2.4m. half leather... it means the top areas where yr body touches when sitting on is real leather. the back and outsider side of sofa is PU.

anyway they got alot of designs and length. its best tat u go down to see see.

for the full leather, they actually use calf leather. which is a premium leather. not the normal leather. and they will write it down in your invoice

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
How is the PU/Leather quality at Barang Barang?

Tempted to get a sofa bed from them. Looks good and have a good discount going

Barang2 is not bad actually. pretty good quality, except that they are ex.

Example for the price u paying for Barang2 for a PU sofa, u can get a full real leather outside for the same price.

they got a shop in Furniture Mall Beach road. that's where i bought mine.

mine is 2.4m. half leather... it means the top areas where yr body touches when sitting on is real leather. the back and outsider side of sofa is PU.

anyway they got alot of designs and length. its best tat u go down to see see.

for the full leather, they actually use calf leather. which is a premium leather. not the normal leather. and they will write it down in your invoice

Thanks donut88. Now I know what I want and what to buy.

<!--quoteo(post=448288:date=Sep 15 2009, 11:24 AM:name=ckcboy02)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ckcboy02 @ Sep 15 2009, 11:24 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=448288"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I did go to Lorenzo, casa italy and Cellini. But it is not easy to get a leather sofa that fits into my budget. Perhaps i need to wait for the promotion....<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

1st determine your budget.

then wat's your preferences.

synthetic leather has 2 main type, the PVC and PU

myths:

Leather are not less warm than synthetic leather but rather, to be more precise, it takes you longer when you start to feel the heat. eg. you sit on pvc you take 10 min to start sweating on the back, on leather sofa you take 15mins to start sweating, both will sweat.

Leather will have mold and not PVC? not true.

moldy or not depending on house environment, if your house is very humid no matter wat sort of material will have mould.

i have seen solid timbre getting moldy too...

leather must take effort to moisturise and avoid soapy water and even normal tap water only...if after clean water to wipe, please moisturise it...

you dun really need full leather sofa, can consider half leather if you like to reduce the cost

regards

Leather PH value is around 3 to 5. Using tap water is not good for leather as it is usually more likely to be alkaline. One thing I have learn from experience in dealing with leather is that you must know exactly what type of leather you have before you can even consider cleaning and conditioning it. Use the wrong product and it will be a very painful and costly mistake.