Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
spaceboy

Beware! Blk 255 Ang Mo Kio #06!

Dear all

Beware of the above captioned!

On 31/5/2009, both the seller and buyer (my wife and I) have agreed and signed the OTP to purchase the HDB flat in which she has ask us for an immediate deposit of S$5,000 to prove our sincerity and to exercise this OTP. As such, I causally ask her what are her plans after selling the flat and she told us that she is buying a private property in East Coast for $2 million. As we did not suspect anything then, we have no choice but to made payment immediately.

As set out by HDB, we went for the first appointment (20/7/2009) and signed all the legal documents. However, the HDB officer has told her that there was an outstanding dues from her and she will need to settle it before the HDB can proceed with this transaction. Henceforth, we checked with her what is happening and she just told her that she will made payments to settle the outstanding dues.

However, on 11th August 2009, she called us and ask her to meet her the next day to discuss about the HDB flat and outstanding dues to HDB. Therefore, I told her that I will be bringing my agent along, but she has requested to meet us privately instead of calling her agent and our agent involved. We agreed and went over to her place to discuss about the outstanding dues.

During the meeting (12/8/09), she mentioned to me that she has an outstanding of S5,000 (deposit that I hand to her) and legal fee ($286) and $14,000 (upgrading fee) that was due to HDB. The conclusion of the meeting was that she was unaware of this outstanding dues of upgrading fee and she requested us to give her time to check and made payments. As a result, I checked with her what are the timeframes that she has set forth and she mentioned that she will settle the issue as soon as possible and made the payments (deposit + legal fees) around 2 weeks time. We agreed and told her to settle the issue as soon as possible.

Subsequently, we started to chase after her for the outcome and the outstanding dues to HDB and she will give excuses like “I will make payments by tomorrow” and “tomorrow and tomorrow” until the HDB officer and ourselves starts to get frustrated with it in which we had told her if there are no resolution, we will start our legal proceedings. However, before we wanted to commence the legal proceedings, we did a quick check on her and found out that she was a BANKRUPT since 2001! This was when she called us and wanted to discuss something urgently with us. However, this time round, all the parties are involved in the meeting (29/8/2009) and she told us to help her on the upgrading fees. The conclusion was that she will make payments by Tuesday (2/9/2009) while we will out of goodwill help her with $7,000 for upgrading fee where we thought the worst is over.

But the nightmare was to begin when she keep pushing it to “tomorrow… tomorrow” and the HDB officer has write to her saying that if she does not make payments by (10/9/2009), he will cancelled this case. Therefore, on the 10th September, she called us and say that her funds will be coming in and she will be making payments by 11th September after 2pm. I pleaded with the HDB officer and he gives me the last chance to make payments to HDB.

However, she called us on the 11th September around 4pm and say that she cannot make payment to us as she has no place to stay. We told her that we will allow her to stay till the 31st December 2009. She insisted and she told us to prepare another OTP (with slightly higher transacted price of $7000) for her to sign. My agent prepared another OTP and went over to her place to let her sign but she give a lot of excuse not to sign the new OTP.

Yesterday, she called my agent and myself saying that she wants to cancel the whole transaction in which I told her that it has already been cancelled by the HDB officer citing that both of us have suffered losses and she can actually sell it other prospective buyers at $30,000 more than she can sell to me.

When I questioned her of the costs and claims involved in canceling this transaction, she told me she is a bankrupt and she cannot do much.

Conclusion:

I am writing this to create awareness of such arrogant and unremorseful people in Singapore!

Apologies for such lengthy post!

Regards

Spaceboy

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Dear all

Beware of the above captioned!

On 31/5/2009, both the seller and buyer (my wife and I) have agreed and signed the OTP to purchase the HDB flat in which she has ask us for an immediate deposit of S$5,000 to prove our sincerity and to exercise this OTP. As such, I causally ask her what are her plans after selling the flat and she told us that she is buying a private property in East Coast for $2 million. As we did not suspect anything then, we have no choice but to made payment immediately.

As set out by HDB, we went for the first appointment (20/7/2009) and signed all the legal documents. However, the HDB officer has told her that there was an outstanding dues from her and she will need to settle it before the HDB can proceed with this transaction. Henceforth, we checked with her what is happening and she just told her that she will made payments to settle the outstanding dues.

However, on 11th August 2009, she called us and ask her to meet her the next day to discuss about the HDB flat and outstanding dues to HDB. Therefore, I told her that I will be bringing my agent along, but she has requested to meet us privately instead of calling her agent and our agent involved. We agreed and went over to her place to discuss about the outstanding dues.

During the meeting (12/8/09), she mentioned to me that she has an outstanding of S5,000 (deposit that I hand to her) and legal fee ($286) and $14,000 (upgrading fee) that was due to HDB. The conclusion of the meeting was that she was unaware of this outstanding dues of upgrading fee and she requested us to give her time to check and made payments. As a result, I checked with her what are the timeframes that she has set forth and she mentioned that she will settle the issue as soon as possible and made the payments (deposit + legal fees) around 2 weeks time. We agreed and told her to settle the issue as soon as possible.

Subsequently, we started to chase after her for the outcome and the outstanding dues to HDB and she will give excuses like “I will make payments by tomorrow” and “tomorrow and tomorrow” until the HDB officer and ourselves starts to get frustrated with it in which we had told her if there are no resolution, we will start our legal proceedings. However, before we wanted to commence the legal proceedings, we did a quick check on her and found out that she was a BANKRUPT since 2001! This was when she called us and wanted to discuss something urgently with us. However, this time round, all the parties are involved in the meeting (29/8/2009) and she told us to help her on the upgrading fees. The conclusion was that she will make payments by Tuesday (2/9/2009) while we will out of goodwill help her with $7,000 for upgrading fee where we thought the worst is over.

But the nightmare was to begin when she keep pushing it to “tomorrow… tomorrow” and the HDB officer has write to her saying that if she does not make payments by (10/9/2009), he will cancelled this case. Therefore, on the 10th September, she called us and say that her funds will be coming in and she will be making payments by 11th September after 2pm. I pleaded with the HDB officer and he gives me the last chance to make payments to HDB.

However, she called us on the 11th September around 4pm and say that she cannot make payment to us as she has no place to stay. We told her that we will allow her to stay till the 31st December 2009. She insisted and she told us to prepare another OTP (with slightly higher transacted price of $7000) for her to sign. My agent prepared another OTP and went over to her place to let her sign but she give a lot of excuse not to sign the new OTP.

Yesterday, she called my agent and myself saying that she wants to cancel the whole transaction in which I told her that it has already been cancelled by the HDB officer citing that both of us have suffered losses and she can actually sell it other prospective buyers at $30,000 more than she can sell to me.

When I questioned her of the costs and claims involved in canceling this transaction, she told me she is a bankrupt and she cannot do much.

Conclusion:

I am writing this to create awareness of such arrogant and unremorseful people in Singapore!

Apologies for such lengthy post!

Regards

Spaceboy

Sorry to hear about this. I'm not sure but maybe you can still file a claim against her and if she sells her unit in the end, part of it might still come back to you unless she owes more than what she possess now.

if u been thru' the 1st appoint, u should had a case on it.

Check with the lawyer for the better advice.

we are not legal train. might not able to get the best advice in the eye of law.

if u been thru' the 1st appoint, u should had a case on it.

Check with the lawyer for the better advice.

we are not legal train. might not able to get the best advice in the eye of law.

Yup. Currently, we are going through the legal proceedings in which it will be a long and lengthy legal battle.

Instead of telling us that she is a buying a private property for $2 million at East Coast, she should have honest about it when we are negotiating for OTP.

This has been a painful lesson for us and we hope to create awareness on this as there are still existence of such people who can behave in such a manner.

if she honest, you will not face all this at the beginning

if she honest, she should tell you that she has bankrupt

For bankruptcy, to sell HDB. She need OA clearance 1st before she can sign any DOC.

other than ah long, dishonest seller is another nightmare. :(

keep us update.

want to see what punishment on this kind of seller 8|

Edited by therat

if she honest, you will not face all this at the beginning

if she honest, she should tell you that she has bankrupt

For bankruptcy, to sell HDB. She need OA clearance 1st before she can sign any DOC.

other than ah long, dishonest seller is another nightmare. :(

keep us update.

want to see what punishment on this kind of seller 8|

Yup.. That's right.

I have read quite a fair bit.. In fact, for a bankrupt to sell their HDB, the bankrupt do not need to seek clearance from the OA. As such, the OA will usually approve it.

Yup! Thats say.. if she goes around collecting $5000, she will actually go scott free because it will b costly to start legal proceeding.

I can just simply say that she met the wrong couple to play afool with. A police report has been made and we have done quite a bit of things to her today but definitely through the legal means.

Although it is costly, such behaviour is indeed intolerable and unacceptable just because she is a bankrupt.

Regards

Spaceboy

hey spaceboy ... sorry to hear about this incident happening on you ..

but just curious as well .. is she the sole owner of the flat? if not, maybe you can try your case on the other owners as well?

all the best ..

hey spaceboy ... sorry to hear about this incident happening on you ..

but just curious as well .. is she the sole owner of the flat? if not, maybe you can try your case on the other owners as well?

all the best ..

Hi Sugardaddy

Just suay on my part as she is also the sole owner of the flat.

Yup! If not, i will also whack the other owners in this HDB flat as well!

I am feeling v sore as there is currently no protection to the buyers.

If you look at it, it can actually be a good money making scam.

Collect the money first.. then start to twist and turn.. and twist and turn.. make you feel tired and sick of pursuing so that you give up.

1 couple collect $5,000 and if such personality go around convincing 10 couples, that could equate to $50,000 for three months!

Regards

Spaceboy

Edited by spaceboy

U are filing claims against her. What if she doesnt want to pay? Then u will be wasting all legal fees.

Yup! Tat's right!

Moreover, she is a bankrupt, so for her to pay will take ages for her to clear the outstanding dues. Her reply to us is like.. "I am a bankrupt.. so what can you do to us."

Although many of you may feel like "wah.. legal fees", which costs around 10k, but we have already lost around $20k (i.e. govt grant and deposit), so there will be more costs involved. And that is not taking into account of if i will be buying a new resale market hdb flat now in Ang Mo Kio in which it has at least increase more than $20k.

In the actual fact, i have spell it to her that i have brought my furniture (ard 15k), the rental and utilities (ard 700 per month). That is way back before she told us that she does not want to sell to us.

That is also precisely why a lot of people will stop chasing her for the $ in the end.

But we will not let her go scott free from all these! she could probably not be aware but in fact, she can continue dream on getting her own way.

Edited by spaceboy

Yup! Tat's right!

Moreover, she is a bankrupt, so for her to pay will take ages for her to clear the outstanding dues. Her reply to us is like.. "I am a bankrupt.. so what can you do to us."

Although many of you may feel like "wah.. legal fees", which costs around 10k, but we have already lost around $20k (i.e. govt grant and deposit), so there will be more costs involved. And that is not taking into account of if i will be buying a new resale market hdb flat now in Ang Mo Kio in which it has at least increase more than $20k.

In the actual fact, i have spell it to her that i have brought my furniture (ard 15k), the rental and utilities (ard 700 per month). That is way back before she told us that she does not want to sell to us.

That is also precisely why a lot of people will stop chasing her for the $ in the end.

But we will not let her go scott free from all these! she could probably not be aware but in fact, she can continue dream on getting her own way.

So how much are u claiming from her? Will the case escalate to hight court , if it does, it will cost u more like $10k a day. Pls consider carefully,really feel sorry for your money:)

Edited by siriusb

agree that people like these need to be taught a lesson or else more will be fall into this trap next time .. and i respect you for following thru on this as well ..

but suggest u check up with friends if they have better legal knowledge as well .. no point putting good money after bad ..

Hi spaceboy, sorry to hear this happen.

I support u to chase the case cos its obvious that she wants to get out of the deal with all sorts of excuses now that HDB prices are on the rise.

If u let her go, she's keeping ur 5K, and then continue to sell the place off for 30K to another buyer later and laugh all the way to the bank!

Since she has signed docs with u agreeing to sell the house, received ur deposit etc...it sounds like u have a strong case to force her to honour the sale.

How did ur lawyer advise u...wat are the chances and possibilities of outcomes?

Wish u all the best!

So how much are u claiming from her? Will the case escalate to hight court , if it does, it will cost u more like $10k a day. Pls consider carefully,really feel sorry for your money:)

Hi Siriusb!

Yup! It will cost me more than $10k a day! But i will not be stupid enough to throw all my $ into fighting with all these!

Regards

Spaceboy