Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
spaceboy

Beware! Blk 255 Ang Mo Kio #06!

agree that people like these need to be taught a lesson or else more will be fall into this trap next time .. and i respect you for following thru on this as well ..

but suggest u check up with friends if they have better legal knowledge as well .. no point putting good money after bad ..

Hi Sugardaddy!

That's rite! I have fallen into this trap and I will try to prevent people falling into this trap!

The issue will now be taking educating and taking preventive measures!

I have spoke to the management of the agencies and a few lawyers already and they have advise me accordingly.

Regards

Spaceboy

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi spaceboy, sorry to hear this happen.

I support u to chase the case cos its obvious that she wants to get out of the deal with all sorts of excuses now that HDB prices are on the rise.

If u let her go, she's keeping ur 5K, and then continue to sell the place off for 30K to another buyer later and laugh all the way to the bank!

Since she has signed docs with u agreeing to sell the house, received ur deposit etc...it sounds like u have a strong case to force her to honour the sale.

How did ur lawyer advise u...wat are the chances and possibilities of outcomes?

Wish u all the best!

Hi cacabi111

Looking at the way she is behaving and the market situation, if the property market continues to escalate, do you think that she will sell to another buyer?

We cannot neglect the sccenario that the another buyer will also be in my same shoe.. Have paid her the OTP, gone through the first appointment, then start to say all the excuses in the world..

The lawyers have already advise me and we have acted accordingly. But we have put the ball back into her court as we have acted legally and we really felt sorry for her for thinking that she can have her way. She thinks she is ruling this country and she can do whatever that she wants.

But the manner that we have acted will only act as a preventive measures in others trying to get the flat and a few other actions.

Regards

Spaceboy

Hi Spaceboy, really sorry to hear that. Buying house is suppose to be a happy thing, I had my fair share dealing with the sellers but thank goodness everything finally resolved and now we have moved in. Sorry but i tot you can get back your deposits if the transaction is cancelled? Have you tried contacting the HDB officer who handle your case to check if this is the first transaction? If this is like the 3rd or 6th time, then it's will be a good case that the seller is out to scam buyers. Wonder if HDB can blacklist the owner.

I empathise with the agony and frustrations Spaceboy had to deal with this seller. I have no doubt that seller could use her bankruptcy status to scam buyers with deposits etc....

However, I do not understand how come HDB does not intervene in such a case and also where is the agent's role? I had thought HDB had made it compulsory that agents must do a thorough check on both buyer and seller on their eligibility to buy / sell? Putting in place all these "checklist" items that both sellers / buyers must go through, I would have thought that HDB would step in to haul in such irresponsible seller.

Anyway, I hope you continue to fight and win this case over such bad seller.

Appreciate you, spaceboy, for sharing in this forum. Wish more people could be warn....maybe newspaper should publish such bad sellers in the market.

Hi Spaceboy, really sorry to hear that. Buying house is suppose to be a happy thing, I had my fair share dealing with the sellers but thank goodness everything finally resolved and now we have moved in. Sorry but i tot you can get back your deposits if the transaction is cancelled? Have you tried contacting the HDB officer who handle your case to check if this is the first transaction? If this is like the 3rd or 6th time, then it's will be a good case that the seller is out to scam buyers. Wonder if HDB can blacklist the owner.

Hi Potluck

Congrats on resolving the issues and getting the house!

You are very right in making sure that this is not the 3rd or 6th time, but the HDB is not revealing such information to us.

Since HDB did not reveal these information to us, that is why we have a police report, so that the police can be alerted once the seller is out to scam buyers. And all it just need to take is to scam one more buyer and it takes is to say good luck to her.

I have made a clear to the police once there is one more buyer complaining about her. The intention is very clear already!

Thiis is indeed a very painful experience. I have been writing and calling her official assignee too. But seems that they are not keen to even revert back to me.

Regards

Spaceboy

I empathise with the agony and frustrations Spaceboy had to deal with this seller. I have no doubt that seller could use her bankruptcy status to scam buyers with deposits etc....

However, I do not understand how come HDB does not intervene in such a case and also where is the agent's role? I had thought HDB had made it compulsory that agents must do a thorough check on both buyer and seller on their eligibility to buy / sell? Putting in place all these "checklist" items that both sellers / buyers must go through, I would have thought that HDB would step in to haul in such irresponsible seller.

Anyway, I hope you continue to fight and win this case over such bad seller.

Appreciate you, spaceboy, for sharing in this forum. Wish more people could be warn....maybe newspaper should publish such bad sellers in the market.

Hi Cruise

Thank a lot!

Yup! In this high technology savvy era, we should take all measures to share and do preventive measures.

Yup! It simply reflects our efficiency and effectiveness of how government organisation. I have tried to talk to IPTO (organisation that in charge of bankrupts), but they did not revert back to me even if i tried calling them everyday, sending them emails and leaving voice messages!

The receiptionist has say that now bankrupts are able to sell and they do not need to be approve by their official assignee. So where is the comfort level and assurance level or protection level between the buyer and the seller?

Simply, the IPTO push it to HDB but both the HDB and IPTO are like brewing a can of worm which can be disastrous!

Currently, HDB told me that they will not intervene in such matter where they have already known the behaviour based on the information in their system. Unless HDB is telling me that their system will not be able tracking these information, which simply reflects the efficiency and effectiveness then, so where are their control system? Where are the protection level?

Regards

Spaceboy

Hey since you gone this far, take it to the media. Those chinese talkshows.or newpaper or something. Otherwise it will just another case closed for them.

Hey since you gone this far, take it to the media. Those chinese talkshows.or newpaper or something. Otherwise it will just another case closed for them.

Hi Potluck

Yup.. Was in fact thinking about it. But this story was so complicated, so who will bother about it?

Regards

Spaceboy

How about writing to Mr Mah BT?

Hi Chronograph

That is a good alternative!

But what do you suggest that he will do?

Tighten up HDB regulations or push it back to their official assignee?

If push it back to their official assignee, what do we expect the official assignee to do? Return us the $5k and the case is closed?

There is no general guidelines on all these and if we force it to the high court, like what has been mentioned, it will be costly which will not be affordable for the lower income group.

Regards

Spaceboy

Probably can get things move faster than expected. Mr Mah should have answers to your questions, he is the minister right. Who knows, after your complaint, new rules will be implement to prevent cases like this from happening.

From what i know, a bankrupt cannot own any property(HDB inclusive) till his debts have been cleared. In your case, the official assignee should ensure the bankrupt sold his/her HDB to help pay off debts.

Another thing, when i purchased my resale flat, my agent bother to check on the seller to make sure that he is not a bankrupt.

Who's not doing their jobs?

Edited by chronograph

Probably can get things move faster than expected. Mr Mah should have answers to your questions, he is the minister right. Who knows, after your complaint, new rules will be implement to prevent cases like this from happening.

From what i know, a bankrupt cannot own any property(HDB inclusive) till his debts have been cleared. In your case, the official assignee should ensure the bankrupt sold his/her HDB to help pay off debts.

Another thing, when i purchased my resale flat, my agent bother to check on the seller to make sure that he is not a bankrupt.

Who's not doing their jobs?

The buyer agent can ask the owner but if the owner does not share this information, it is unlikely for the buyer agent to find out. It IS the seller agent to find out if the flat is able to be sell in the market.

A bankrupt can own HDB, and will need to dispose of other property. However he has to be a Singaporen Citizen and is able to pay his loan on time.

Information to share:

""Under the Housing & Development Act, so long as one of the flat owners of the HDB flat is a Singapore citizen, the HDB flat (of any type) will not vest in the Official Assignee ("OA") in the event of bankruptcy of any or all of the flat owners; ie the flat owners would not be compelled to dispose of their flat. However, notwithstanding the above, if the purchase of the flat has been financed with a mortgage loan from a bank or the HDB, then the flat may be sold by the bank through a mortgagee sale, or compulsorily acquired by the HDB in the event the owners default in the mortgage repayment and run up mortgage arrears.""

Information to share:

""Under the Housing & Development Act, so long as one of the flat owners of the HDB flat is a Singapore citizen, the HDB flat (of any type) will not vest in the Official Assignee ("OA") in the event of bankruptcy of any or all of the flat owners; ie the flat owners would not be compelled to dispose of their flat. However, notwithstanding the above, if the purchase of the flat has been financed with a mortgage loan from a bank or the HDB, then the flat may be sold by the bank through a mortgagee sale, or compulsorily acquired by the HDB in the event the owners default in the mortgage repayment and run up mortgage arrears.""

Thanks for the info.

Bank or HDB can still acquired should bankrupt default. So why HDB never do it?

M friend parent must have sold their HDB to pay off debts. They are no longer bankrupt but few years back they were staying in rented HDB and could not buy HDB till debt free.

SpaceBoy, really felt sorry you had to encounter such despicable weakling existing amongst us. i applaud yr efforts to make known this case. forget abt bringing to MBT.

don't let it rest just and let her get away with it. if you can't fight it legally, fight is through the pen. i totally agree with the forumer who said that you should highlight this case. take it to the chinese channel. make it known to prevent other pple from falling for her tricks.

all the best in yr quest.

hey sorry to hear whats had happens and thanks for sharing a painful experience with us. Just one question, didnt yr agent check her background, such as bankruptcy etc? If you knew abt it, would you proceed to close the deal with her?

Heard that this unit the lady owe ah long big time, you didnt noticed anything at all when you visit the unit?

Edited by blackcar