Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
spaceboy

Beware! Blk 255 Ang Mo Kio #06!

SpaceBoy, really felt sorry you had to encounter such despicable weakling existing amongst us. i applaud yr efforts to make known this case. forget abt bringing to MBT.

don't let it rest just and let her get away with it. if you can't fight it legally, fight is through the pen. i totally agree with the forumer who said that you should highlight this case. take it to the chinese channel. make it known to prevent other pple from falling for her tricks.

all the best in yr quest.

Hi Cookiesmonster

Yup! With this tech savvy era, we have to try to let it known to as much people as possible to prevent more people from falling into this trap.

Although we have lost around $30k, we are still able to take it but what i personally felt despicable is her values and principles. Everything is in the hands of my lawyers already, so we can just wish her good luck. In the end, it will be ugly sight like what is happening and where it will become lose - lose situation.

Regards

Spaceboy

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hey sorry to hear whats had happens and thanks for sharing a painful experience with us. Just one question, didnt yr agent check her background, such as bankruptcy etc? If you knew abt it, would you proceed to close the deal with her?

Heard that this unit the lady owe ah long big time, you didnt noticed anything at all when you visit the unit?

Hi blackcar

We did ask their agent, why you did not inform us on her background? Her seller agent told us that she did not let her know about the slightest details. Then in the first place, the seller agent should notify us that they did not let her know about the slightest details so that it will be our preorgative to go and find out.

But the seller agent told us that she (seller) ask them to bring them around to see the private properties in East Coast.

Yup! Precisely, that was what happen in our last heated tele-conversation, i mention that she need to inform us as it is our every right to know and to make decisions and not to hide. Then she say she has no choice and her agent coax her to sell the flat. Well, I refuted, your agent coax you to sell the flat? Are you a 3 year old kid to sign all the legal documents? Common, if the agent coax you to sell, you will not insist the $5k deposit. Then she keep quiet and say, i am sorry and hang up the phone.

To me, it was simply plain ridiculous.

Regards

Spaceboy

Hi spaceboy, hope things are working in your favour. Keep us posted please. I think the agent should also bear some responsibilty

Yes, I agree the agent should bear some responsibility. When buying a resale flat, is there also a cooling period between placing the deposit and signing the OTP? If there is, suggest go back to the agent hard on this.

To Spaceboy:

What did the police say? Can they do anything?

Is it useful to approach the MP for the area? I think the MP is Inderjit Singh.

Good luck and wish you all the best. Keep us posted.

Hi spaceboy, hope things are working in your favour. Keep us posted please. I think the agent should also bear some responsibilty

Hi Potluck

Yup! No doubt that the agent should bear some responsibility. Although the seller did not disclose these financials to the agent, the agent should have notify us on some unusual events.

But things are not looking that good for us also because I have change job after our first appointment with HDB and have submitted a new HLE, but they have come back to us with lots of queries.

Sigh:(

Yes, I agree the agent should bear some responsibility. When buying a resale flat, is there also a cooling period between placing the deposit and signing the OTP? If there is, suggest go back to the agent hard on this.

To Spaceboy:

What did the police say? Can they do anything?

Is it useful to approach the MP for the area? I think the MP is Inderjit Singh.

Good luck and wish you all the best. Keep us posted.

Hi Scenic98

Yup.. the agent should bear responsibility for it. You are very rite as there is a cooling period between placing the deposit and signing the OTP, but the seller insists that we have to pay her immediately. I remember clearly that we signed the OTP around 12am in which i have requested to pass her the cheque the very next morning, but she refused and insisted that we passed her the cheque immediately when she signed the OTP.

The police cannot do anything much so it was purely for record purposes. This will only become handy if she goes around cheating 1 more buyer.

Approaching the MP will be kinda meaningless, since they are very much limited to their scope.

Hi Scenic98

Yup.. the agent should bear responsibility for it. You are very rite as there is a cooling period between placing the deposit and signing the OTP, but the seller insists that we have to pay her immediately. I remember clearly that we signed the OTP around 12am in which i have requested to pass her the cheque the very next morning, but she refused and insisted that we passed her the cheque immediately when she signed the OTP.

The police cannot do anything much so it was purely for record purposes. This will only become handy if she goes around cheating 1 more buyer.

Approaching the MP will be kinda meaningless, since they are very much limited to their scope.

I feel for you Spaceboy and I admire your open-ness in sharing your unfortunate situation with other forummers. Did you post your story in other forums that's frequented by young couples looking for their first home?

I assume this is your first home and you and your wife are getting married all eager to start your first nest. And this is where I am very frustrated by our system. Where is the kind of protection by our gahment when needed? Yes, there was a bit of impluse on your part, but that is understandable as you were probably very keen on that unit and worry that you may not get it. And this being possibly the first propery transaction, you may be unsure of the procedure. Or even if you really want to sign on the spot, your agent should at least advise you otherwise.

If i were in your shoes, I would be at a complete loss. Can small claims tribunal help? I am just voicing out some other possibilities.

p.s. i will be moving into that neighbourhood in a few months time.

I feel for you Spaceboy and I admire your open-ness in sharing your unfortunate situation with other forummers. Did you post your story in other forums that's frequented by young couples looking for their first home?

I assume this is your first home and you and your wife are getting married all eager to start your first nest. And this is where I am very frustrated by our system. Where is the kind of protection by our gahment when needed? Yes, there was a bit of impluse on your part, but that is understandable as you were probably very keen on that unit and worry that you may not get it. And this being possibly the first propery transaction, you may be unsure of the procedure. Or even if you really want to sign on the spot, your agent should at least advise you otherwise.

If i were in your shoes, I would be at a complete loss. Can small claims tribunal help? I am just voicing out some other possibilities.

Both property agent and the property company fault. Agent must check for owner with HDB>Flat details before deposit. I suspect agent got a commision for this kind of cheat. There is a loop hole in singapore waiting to be exploit and worse than third world country.

Hi Scenic98

In this society, i believe that we have to share and help each other. As such, i also believe that there are many young couples out there that are looking at their first home and are innocent of such characters around. That is precisely the reason that i share it out to other forummers so that young couples will learn from our mistakes. Although some people could be mocking at us for being silly and stupid, but once you are being hit, you will really feel the pain. We do understand that the government is trying to protect the bankrupt, but protecting the bankrupt at the expense of our welfare? Resolving one problem but starting another problem? The government should face the fact as to why these bankrupts are being made bankrupts.

I am not too sure of other forums then, probably will need your enlightenment on this aspect.

If given yourselves to be in my shoe, will you still trust and believe these bankrupts?

Hi Scenic98

In this society, i believe that we have to share and help each other. As such, i also believe that there are many young couples out there that are looking at their first home and are innocent of such characters around. That is precisely the reason that i share it out to other forummers so that young couples will learn from our mistakes. Although some people could be mocking at us for being silly and stupid, but once you are being hit, you will really feel the pain. We do understand that the government is trying to protect the bankrupt, but protecting the bankrupt at the expense of our welfare? Resolving one problem but starting another problem? The government should face the fact as to why these bankrupts are being made bankrupts.

I am not too sure of other forums then, probably will need your enlightenment on this aspect.

If given yourselves to be in my shoe, will you still trust and believe these bankrupts?

feel like forwarding yr mail to all my friends

already told few of my friends who are looking for flat to be careful

SPACEboy, after reading thru your thread and your story, i really really feel for you, and i believe maybe the agent and the seller are in conspiracy to cheat you of your hard-earned money. this act is really despicable and HDB is not taking any steps to protect your interests! how can the agent never did any background thread on the seller? sigh......

OMG, i think this serves as a warning to all buyer who are new to purchasing resale.

This woman is obviously cheating around with her bankruptcy status. I hope you get your $$ back, and she get her due retribution for scamming

Paste posters indicating the unit around her neighbourhood and shame the woman. Make her cannot sell the flat too. Police and HDB are helpless in such situtations. If she is bankrupt, you wouldn't be able to get back much even if the sales went thru. It might be a negative sale.

SPACEboy, after reading thru your thread and your story, i really really feel for you, and i believe maybe the agent and the seller are in conspiracy to cheat you of your hard-earned money. this act is really despicable and HDB is not taking any steps to protect your interests! how can the agent never did any background thread on the seller? sigh......

Hi Pinklady

From what i have gone through, it is really crazy but one has to be positive in looking forward. If you think about it carefully, HDB has been protecting the interests of the seller in this open market in which i have wrote to them and seek their advice on all the experiences that we have went through.

If they are protecting the seller, so where are the disclosures in protecting the buyer? Does it mean that if every seller behaves in such a manner where they will back off with the escalating resale flat prices, they will sit there and continue to watch the resale market prices to escalate further? What role does HDB acts in this instance? Watchdog? Gatekeeper? or relax department?

As HDB has claimed that they are reacting and improving, so they should have to react in the very first instance.

Regards

Spaceboy

OMG, i think this serves as a warning to all buyer who are new to purchasing resale.

This woman is obviously cheating around with her bankruptcy status. I hope you get your $$ back, and she get her due retribution for scamming

Hi Charemme

Yup! We definitely cannot tolerate such despicable person in Singapore. She really thinks that her bankruptcy status is something she is proud and encourages her to go further. But she is too ignorant of facts and the law society in Singapore.

To share with you, despite all the money that i have thrown into that flat, we have yet to receive a single cent from her or a call from her. It is really shameless! She puts people into deep **** and keeps mum about it. Yes, she really think she can quietly get this done and over.

But unfortunately, she has met me. I have serve her my first round of law binding documents last week and there are more to come.

Regards

Spaceboy