Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
spaceboy

Beware! Blk 255 Ang Mo Kio #06!

spaceboy,

again, admire your cool headedness and taking the correct channel in trying to nail this lady down.

you may consider informing other young couples in the other more "popular" forums like singagpore brides, hardwarezone, mycarfourm etc. the more people know about this, the lesser the victims.

good luck

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi Sugardaddy

Just suay on my part as she is also the sole owner of the flat.

Yup! If not, i will also whack the other owners in this HDB flat as well!

I am feeling v sore as there is currently no protection to the buyers.

If you look at it, it can actually be a good money making scam.

Collect the money first.. then start to twist and turn.. and twist and turn.. make you feel tired and sick of pursuing so that you give up.

1 couple collect $5,000 and if such personality go around convincing 10 couples, that could equate to $50,000 for three months!

Regards

Spaceboy

Hey

I am slow in reading this post early. I am a victim and have re-read 100s times of the contract and spoke to lawyers. All i can say is, we, buyers, r F.

I also spoke to CASE, smallclaims, IEA. who knows the 2 agents i m dealing with are not even registered. All I can do is write to their company and we all know is a one-way email/letters.

why why why tell me why, we r paying hard-earned $ and we r so stupid enough to get cheated.

i am a victim.

Hey

I am slow in reading this post early. I am a victim and have re-read 100s times of the contract and spoke to lawyers. All i can say is, we, buyers, r F.

I also spoke to CASE, smallclaims, IEA. who knows the 2 agents i m dealing with are not even registered. All I can do is write to their company and we all know is a one-way email/letters.

why why why tell me why, we r paying hard-earned $ and we r so stupid enough to get cheated.

i am a victim.

Hi Berry Surprise

Understand what you have gone into. But i will suggest that you need to sit back and evaluate the situation before making any decision. Be positive and plan ahead. Such incident has already happen and we cannot remain negative.

It is not as if we are so stupid enough to get cheat, but there is intention for these people to cheat our hardearned $. Let me spell out one classic example which is the NKF. If people like us know that TT Durai is planning and cheating us, do you think we will continue to donate $?

Regards

Spaceboy

in the end, did u purchase the flat, u lost $5000

Hi Dean

Nope. The situation is in such a manner that she has a proven track record that her words cannot be trusted.

At first, she approach me to give her $7,000 cash if i still want to pursue buying the flat. We will willing to compromise and she has been agreeing with us to make the deal goes through. However, she will called us back a few days later and we are sincere in privately helping her with $20,000 cash which is our last chance to her. However, greed has overtaken her thoughts and she ask for $40,000 cash.

So if you are in my shoe, do you still want to give in to her demands?

Regards

Spaceboy

40k, madness...

What the **** is the seller thinking...

If everyone have so much cash to splurge, her unit is not the only option!

there will be plenty of choices in the market already..

Hi Dean

Nope. The situation is in such a manner that she has a proven track record that her words cannot be trusted.

At first, she approach me to give her $7,000 cash if i still want to pursue buying the flat. We will willing to compromise and she has been agreeing with us to make the deal goes through. However, she will called us back a few days later and we are sincere in privately helping her with $20,000 cash which is our last chance to her. However, greed has overtaken her thoughts and she ask for $40,000 cash.

So if you are in my shoe, do you still want to give in to her demands?

Regards

Spaceboy

Hi Spaceboy,

You can give Radio 100.3 a call or sms on this topic for their Tuesday morning and Thursday morning around 9:00~10:am. Tuesday, they do finanical advising on that 1hour session. They got this guy Mr Leong Sze Hian from President of the Society of Financial Service Professionals and etc.

You can check out about him from this link.

http://leongszehian.com/

You can listen to their program on this link, click "Finanical tuesday"

http://www.radio1003.com/podcasts.php

One bad news, that guys is not available coming 2 tuesday. He went oversea to give some seminar. You can try Thursday program at the same time, where another guy from ERA came to talk about property.

The radio station is helping to guide people to look after their money, property and investment. They may be able to advise you the best channel to go.

Your case "Bankrupcy cheat money by selling her HDB", Mr Leong may like to know of it. I think he can advise something you can do with her OA.

I felt you should file a complain to Case on the seller's agent. He failed to do his job. The bankrupter should not had go so further with you, the agents should be your first line of defense.

www.case.org.sg

40k, madness...

What the **** is the seller thinking...

If everyone have so much cash to splurge, her unit is not the only option!

there will be plenty of choices in the market already..

Hi Charemme

Yup.. i am really thinking what the **** is the seller thinking.

First of all, she is in the wrong, and yet she can be so ridiculous.

Then i wrote to HDB stating my situation and asking if they are trying to create a problem. Because if the property prices keep rising, all the sellers will become a potential defaulters and they will be able to go scott free.

And if the property prices fall, the buyers will become potential defaults since they are able to bargain for lower price.

So in the end, does it mean that HDB will just simply not be bothered with any issues given the authority and power to act it? So what roles does the HDB takes?

Regards

Spaceboy

I like to bring u to attention.

Some days ago, I email Mr Tay Kim Poh, HDB CEO about my situation : sellers playing games with buyers

my email was fwd and replied by Mr Fong Kin Wai (Head of Resale dept) .

So this is what he wrote.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We refer to your email of 3 Nov 2009 to our CEO, regarding your purchase of the above flat.

2 We wish to clarify that the sale and purchase of HDB flat is based on an Option to Purchase (OTP), which is a private contract between the buyers and the sellers. Once the buyers have exercised the OTP, a binding contract is entered into between the two parties. In the event that one party does not wish to proceed with the sale, the aggrieved party is entitled to take legal action to enforce the terms of the OTP for specific performance or to claim damages.

3 You will have to seek your own private solicitor's advice regarding your rights and remedies should the sellers refuse to proceed with the transaction.

4 If you need any clarification, you may contact our officer, Ms Ng Bee Lin, at 64903642.

Yours sincerely

(Signed)

FONG KIN WAI

HEAD (RESALE OPERATIONS)

ESTATE ADMIN & PROPERTY DEPARTMENT

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some days ago, I email Mr Tay Kim Poh, HDB CEO about my situation : sellers playing games with buyers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We refer to your email of 3 Nov 2009 to our CEO, regarding your purchase of the above flat.

2 We wish to clarify that the sale and purchase of HDB flat is based on an Option to Purchase (OTP), which is a private contract between the buyers and the sellers. Once the buyers have exercised the OTP, a binding contract is entered into between the two parties. In the event that one party does not wish to proceed with the sale, the aggrieved party is entitled to take legal action to enforce the terms of the OTP for specific performance or to claim damages.

3 You will have to seek your own private solicitor's advice regarding your rights and remedies should the sellers refuse to proceed with the transaction.

4 If you need any clarification, you may contact our officer, Ms Ng Bee Lin, at 64903642.

Yours sincerely

(Signed)

FONG KIN WAI

HEAD (RESALE OPERATIONS)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

seems like a classic tai chi to me.

Think this guy here just cant be bothered.

I think this is a very valid issue which should somehow be addressed.

Instead he is giving the standard format which probably can be found on some hdb manual or policy.

How many "hdb" buyers can afford to get lawyers to advise on these matters.

"peanuts" again to these big shots.

yah, i cant agree more. from the email, it really does seem like HDB is playing tai chi so they dont bear the responsibility, note the words "your own private solicitor's advice".

I think there should be more laws or guidelines to protect the rights of buyers!

Yours sincerely

(Signed)

FONG KIN WAI

HEAD (RESALE OPERATIONS)

Hi berry surprise

Yup! In fact.. I was very upset by such replies. As a statutory board and SQC where the quality is the highest, they are giving us such replies. Moreover, they are paid by us (i.e. taxpayers) to help us but these buggers just conveniently push us aside! I believe the opposition party should have a lot of grounds in the next election then...

Regards

Spaceboy

Edited by spaceboy

wow . so what is the outcome of this ?

I think its because we have such a loophole with HDB that allows people of such to thrive.

Why isnt the government doing anything to stop this kind of nonsense from happening.

Edited by limc0008

Hi Spaceboy,

I read all your post since last year... wonder how is the case going on so far... i really hope the seller get her punishment.

Hi Avatarsun!

Thank you for following this thread!

I have brought a new place and was busy with it.

At the same time, after completing all the documents for my new flat, i have forward her all legal proceeding including the documentation of my new flat.

Up till today, there was no reply from her which is her ususal self.

However, i will suggest ALL prospective buyers not to have any dealings with this flat with all the issues surrounding the flat!

Regards

Spaceboy