Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
spaceboy

Beware! Blk 255 Ang Mo Kio #06!

wow . so what is the outcome of this ?

I think its because we have such a loophole with HDB that allows people of such to thrive.

Why isnt the government doing anything to stop this kind of nonsense from happening.

Hi Limc0008!

Instead of retifying such issue, our SG government is protecting these people!

Standing by the fences to watch the problems that they have created, these people have nothing to lose and such people will create endless of issues for prospective buyers.

Regards

Spaceboy

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi Limc0008!

Instead of retifying such issue, our SG government is protecting these people!

Standing by the fences to watch the problems that they have created, these people have nothing to lose and such people will create endless of issues for prospective buyers.

Regards

Spaceboy

Spaceboy, I feel deeply sad that you have met with such an unscrupulous scumbag of a human being. So many guilty parties, yet the innocent suffered the most. Seriously there is something so fundamentally flawed with our stupid system, with our HDB totally throwing aside such issues and playing pass the buck around.. I sincerely implore you to write a letter to the Straits Times Forum to highlight such d.amnable buyers, useless agents... and most of all the utter failure of HDB.

I like to bring u to attention.

Some days ago, I email Mr Tay Kim Poh, HDB CEO about my situation : sellers playing games with buyers

my email was fwd and replied by Mr Fong Kin Wai (Head of Resale dept) .

So this is what he wrote.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We refer to your email of 3 Nov 2009 to our CEO, regarding your purchase of the above flat.

2 We wish to clarify that the sale and purchase of HDB flat is based on an Option to Purchase (OTP), which is a private contract between the buyers and the sellers. Once the buyers have exercised the OTP, a binding contract is entered into between the two parties. In the event that one party does not wish to proceed with the sale, the aggrieved party is entitled to take legal action to enforce the terms of the OTP for specific performance or to claim damages.

3 You will have to seek your own private solicitor's advice regarding your rights and remedies should the sellers refuse to proceed with the transaction.

4 If you need any clarification, you may contact our officer, Ms Ng Bee Lin, at 64903642.

Yours sincerely

(Signed)

FONG KIN WAI

HEAD (RESALE OPERATIONS)

ESTATE ADMIN & PROPERTY DEPARTMENT

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Save your breathe/effort sending email to the HDB. They are bunch of idi_t who simply just entertain you. The email answer can always found in the website. The answer is always the same.

After going thru the resale transaction myself...i really think there are lots of loop holes in resale transaction...

no protection one...if seller really wan to play game...will waste buyer a lot of time and effort...

really s&*k man...

getting key tomorrow for my resale flat...so hope everything will turn out fine!

if she honest, you will not face all this at the beginning

if she honest, she should tell you that she has bankrupt

For bankruptcy, to sell HDB. She need OA clearance 1st before she can sign any DOC.

other than ah long, dishonest seller is another nightmare. :(

keep us update.

want to see what punishment on this kind of seller 8|

Not applicable to bankrupt who bought under Sg citizen household. But honestly specking this woman should be honest abt her bankruptcy status, as it is not shameful or need not hide abt it.

For bankrupt flat owners of Singapore Permanent Resident Households ("SPR households"), it is a requirement that they get the Official Assignee's consent before they can sell their flat. The letter of consent must be obtained from the OA before the owners grant an Option to Purchase to the prospective buyers.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10322p.nsf/w/...ty?OpenDocument

Can she can liaise with the HDB officer to nett off the outstanding dues from the sale? So to speak, the monthly installment for her upgrading cost will cease, if she is about to sell her flat? She can't continue the installment after the sale?

How about tell ur solicitor to lodge a caveat? In simple term, it's mean that nobody will be able to buy the seller property at all as long as u don't lift-off.

No need to waste money on that, threadstarter just bring the relevant documents and proof down (police report) to IPTO and lodge a complaint to the undischarged seller, she's a dead meat. She will be charge by the OA in high court.

Edited by Rof|maoxz

Usually when i buy property (especially resales for both hdb / private), i will tell agent and owner i m interested.

But before i pay any options even $1, i need their NRIC first to determine whether they are bankrupt. If ok, next day i pay them the minimum OTP.

Usually when i buy property (especially resales for both hdb / private), i will tell agent and owner i m interested.

But before i pay any options even $1, i need their NRIC first to determine whether they are bankrupt. If ok, next day i pay them the minimum OTP.

Just curious here. What if you have ascertained that the seller is an undischarged bankrupt? You won't be buying from him? Cancel the OTP?

What I am trying to bring across is that a sale between an undischarged bankrupt seller and a buyer is just like any normal buy-sell transaction. He is entitled to sell unless he is a SPR who is required approval from IPTO. An undischarged bankrupt may have good records by paying monthly installments to IPTO, no owe loansharks $$$. Not all undischarged bankrupt are dishonest and "smelly" like what thread-starter Spaceboy has encountered, which is a sad case for any buyer. :(

Any normal looking seller may conceal his status of owing to loansharks to hinder the selling process. I have a neighbour who has already attended the first appointment last month, and owe loanshark $$$. The runners splashed painted onto mine and another unit few doors away. I still thinking whether should I tell the prospective buying before the 2nd appointment abt this or not. :bangwall: