Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
steadymah

Leather Sofa ==>what Is The "ultra Violate(uv) Sofa?

Hi all,

I bought a leather sofa and the sale lady told me that its a "FULL" not "half" leather.

We assume will be a Full Genuine leather.

Apparently when sofa was delivered, it dun look like genuine leather at all.

Called back to the shop, sales lady told me its "Ultra Violate Leather"==> the one used in car seat... (which dun look like it)

Can anyone advise me on Ultra Violate Leather?

What is it made up of?

Is it real leather?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
K**g's Furnishing @ IFC.

is this shop ok?

Do you know wat is ultra violet leather?

no experience with the shop. full leather means the whole sofa is covered with leather, half means some parts are not covered with leather. correct me if i am wrong.

nv heard of UV leather leh... if it's not genuine leather, the more common types should be PU and PVC leather.

think most impt is how much u paid for it?

no experience with the shop. full leather means the whole sofa is covered with leather, half means some parts are not covered with leather. correct me if i am wrong.

nv heard of UV leather leh... if it's not genuine leather, the more common types should be PU and PVC leather.

think most impt is how much u paid for it?

about S$1600

Hi all,

I bought a leather sofa and the sale lady told me that its a "FULL" not "half" leather.

We assume will be a Full Genuine leather.

Apparently when sofa was delivered, it dun look like genuine leather at all.

Called back to the shop, sales lady told me its "Ultra Violate Leather"==> the one used in car seat... (which dun look like it)

Can anyone advise me on Ultra Violate Leather?

What is it made up of?

Is it real leather?

What does it say on your order?

There is no such thing as ultra violet leather. So creams claim to protect against fading, that's it.

It is quite easy to tell if it is not real leather.

What does it say on your order?

There is no such thing as ultra violet leather. So creams claim to protect against fading, that's it.

It is quite easy to tell if it is not real leather.

From what i know the "leather" used in car seats are normally synthetic leather in other words fake leather.

Most likely you have been "sweet talked".Look in your invoice, if it states full leather, then go make noise if not......

you have to most likely go claim or just take it as a lesson learnt.

Hope i am wrong

only heard of UV Leather Conditioner used to treat leather seats & stuffs.. u did better double check with the salesperson what's UV Leather & how it's diff fm genuine leather.

Hi

I bought a UV leather sofa from K**g's IFC too.

Honestly I don't think there is such thing as UV leather. I have feeling its PU leather treated with UV coating.

I used to have half leather sofa set and it definitely doesn't feel like this. Maybe because of the UV coating, the leather feels like anti-slip mat and its not breathable. It absorbs heat and I can feel my under thighs moist after prolong seating. Very uncomfortable.

Still getting use to it, but not liking it.

Hi

I bought a UV leather sofa from K**g's IFC too.

Honestly I don't think there is such thing as UV leather. I have feeling its PU leather treated with UV coating.

I used to have half leather sofa set and it definitely doesn't feel like this. Maybe because of the UV coating, the leather feels like anti-slip mat and its not breathable. It absorbs heat and I can feel my under thighs moist after prolong seating. Very uncomfortable.

Still getting use to it, but not liking it.

As i was also hunting around for leather sofa, I also came across a shop who have also told me about UV leather. He says his sofa is PU leather but is coated with UV coating and as such, it will not be easily faded due to exposure to sunlight

I came to understand more about leather after all these ... there are Bovine , Aniline , Gaucholin leather.... really chim...

As i was also hunting around for leather sofa, I also came across a shop who have also told me about UV leather. He says his sofa is PU leather but is coated with UV coating and as such, it will not be easily faded due to exposure to sunlight

I came to understand more about leather after all these ... there are Bovine , Aniline , Gaucholin leather.... really chim...

LOL~ There's also sunblock for sofa!

Go for the real thing, genuine leather. PU leather is slightly diff fm synthetic leather (PVC).. It is leather made from the inner splits of the hide finished with a polyurethane coating.

PU Leather is when a Polyurethane sheet is applied to a thin leather back when used in the furniture industry. A leather pattern can be stamped on the PU to make it look and feel like top grain leather.

PVC - Polyvinyl Chloride is also manufactured in a similar manner but is normally placed on a cotton or polyester backing. Pattern can also be applied to the surface. PVC can be a more durable surface than PU, but does not feel like leather. Also referred to as Vinyl covering for Furniture use.