Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
redfirst

Beware - Unpleasant Encounter With An Unethical Outdoor Sunshade/awning Vendor

Sharing a bad experience encountered by my friend recently with a vendor that does awnings/sunscreen. Please always double/triple check the sources before committing...

Anyway, here's the whole episode summary:

- Found this awning/outdoor sunscreen vendor from internet website.

- Paid deposit of $700 on 8Aug09 but told vendor I will let them know my requirements only after discussion with family members.

- 1 week later, I asked vendor if they have colour (P10 Granite) and also asked them to show me the J-hook they talked about first before I can decide whether to proceed with order or not. Vendor replied they do not have colour (P10 Granite) in stock. I did not give vendor any alternative colour as the other colours were not my choice. Hence, no work was performed and deal was stuck from 8Aug09 till 12Sep09 for more than 1 month.

- On 12Sep09, I decided to made my way to vendor's factory at Sungei Kadut Drive to look at the materials, mechanisms etc. that this vendor says they can supply and to sort out the stuck deal but I realised they still do not have the colour (P10 Granite) I wanted and the mechanism they provide is not suitable for condo. The mechanism they provide is meant for industrial/commercial use.

- Since there is no way we can proceed with deal as my requirements cannot be met, I request for refund of full value of deposit immediately on the same day. Victor (Mobile: 90052212) said he will get back to me on 14Sep09.

- Victor called me on 14Sep09 and ask me to pay him transport fee before he will refund full value of deposit. I asked him how much. He asked me to quote. I said I need to check and discuss with my family members.

- On 15Sep09, I called Victor and told him after checking around, market price for transport fee is about $20 and I will pay him market price of $20 for transport and he should refund the full value of deposit to me as agreed. He insists that I pay him more for transport but is unable able to tell me how much he wanted and then he said his boss is out of town and will return 1 week later, hence, he is not able to discuss the refund matter with his boss.

- I realised I have been cheated by Victor and that he is simply deploying delay tactic and refuses to refund me the full value of the deposit given that there is no way this deal can proceed since the vendor cannot deliver the requirements I needed.

- I am now writing to CASE to seek redress and refund of full value of deposit and also to lodge a complaint about this vendor so that future consumers beware of such unethical vendor.

Anyone have any other advice to seek redress? :(

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation