Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
DarthRevan

Landed Property Question

Hi all, I'm a newbie with regards to private property & currently researching to own one. I have some questions which I hope the seniors here can help me with.

1) When buying a landed, eg. corner terrace/semi-D, how do I get to know the actual/exact land size(documents)?

2) How to get to know the exact built-up area(where to get the documentation)? And to know whether A&A can be done?

3) If I want to build a basement, what are the requirements? And how to know below the plot of land doesn't have sewerage below?

4) The time frame needed to demolish a existing house & rebuild from scratch?

5) What is the estimated cost to build around 3 storeys or built-up area of approximately 5000sq?

Sorry for so many questions...I'm really at a lost :bangwall:

Edited by DarthRevan

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi all, I'm a newbie with regards to private property & currently researching to own one. I have some questions which I hope the seniors here can help me with.

1) When buying a landed, eg. corner terrace/semi-D, how do I get to know the actual/exact land size(documents)?

2) How to get to know the exact built-up area(where to get the documentation)? And to know whether A&A can be done?

3) If I want to build a basement, what are the requirements? And how to know below the plot of land doesn't have sewerage below?

5) What is the estimated cost to build around 3 storeys or built-up area of approximately 5000sq?

Hi,

If you want to find out more please send an email to wnt33@singnet.com.sg.

I will attempt to answer some of your questions based on my experience and subjective thinking. These may not be accurate and others may have a different opinion.

1. You can get the actual land size from the land title deed. It is stated clearly in it.

2. If the house is not too old, the construction plan of the house will state the built up gross floor area. Whether A&A or what type of A&A can be done, it is better to seek an architect's help.

3. Some old houses have sewage below the house in the sense that neigbouring sewage also go to your house. You can get an architect to help you plan and think about building a basement. In general, it is usually a question of cost not a technical limitation.

4. Different builders have different time frame. The fastest I know is 7 months but some do drag on to 14 months to demolish and build into a 3 storey house.

5. My estimate is to prepare $750,000 to $950,000. This may include Koi pond or a small swimming pool on the ground floor, fully air-conditioned using inverter air-con system, use granite tile and parquet flooring and fairly decent fittings and wardrobe.

Hope this helps.

Thanks leechaorui! Your information is helpful indeed. :)

Should you need to speak with me, you can pm your handphone number to me or write to me at leechaorui@gmail.com

I am in the midst of constructing my house. Just submitted the proposed building plan to URA.

Regards.