Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lainelaine

Black Tiles For Floor Of Living Room And Kitchen

anyone used black floor tiles for your living room and kitchen? thinking of using it cos it looks sleek and unique but then scared the whole house will look dark.

anyone can share if black floor tiles will be suitable?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi hi...

I once did considered black tiles for my hse. But decided against it. Althought it looks sleek & nice, ALOT of maintenance is required.

Firstly , dust & footprints can be seen easily, so alot of sweeping & mopping is required. Plus black tiles are highly reflective. Unless you're using matt tiles.

I went to a tile showroom , place a black tile on the floor and stood over it. My panties can be seen very clearly !!!

Imagine if you have a guest wearing a skirt... very embarrasing.

In the end , I just placed a few black tiles...to create an intresting look..heehee

4-7.jpg

My Black MBR toilet

6-3.jpg

Hi

My living room, and 3 bedrooms are using black homogenoeus tiles. And according to my contractor, mine is a super gloss tiles.

Yes. they are reflective and I love it to bits. cos every furniture seems to be mirror image.

Maybe white floor tiles will give a spacious look, but black glossy tiles with light-coloured walls doesn't darken the whole house.

Unless you wear skirt, stand with your legs wide over the tiles, then what you have down inside will be seen. ;)

Also, if you're wearing super short skirts, then what you wear down might be seen too. :D

If not, working skirts at around knee length, it is safe.

imo, if you like it, go ahead. how often do you have friends coming to your place.

I will tell friends my tiles are reflective, so wear skirts at your own risk. :P

Thanks for comments!

Mine will be matt black tiles...so scared that it might not give a spacious look. Relatives are warning about the dust/dirt being obvious too...dilemma...

BE WARNED.... your house will look very dark and dull..... and dust/dirt are very very obvious.

my home used to have matt black tiles in living hall and kitchen. that belonged to ex owner. i bought it as resale. it really very dark....

i hack out the living hall tiles. cant stand it. too dark and dust are so obvious. it makes the house looks very dirty and dusty.

anyway, if u are superstitious, houses are not supposed to be dark dark.... no good.

Thanks for comments!

Mine will be matt black tiles...so scared that it might not give a spacious look. Relatives are warning about the dust/dirt being obvious too...dilemma...

hi you intend to use matt black tiles, then i wont recommend. cos it wont be nice and wont look sleek.

but if you like,you can use that for toilets or kitchen. But the contrast furnishing must be white or something light.

Anyways...It's your house. At the end of the day, do what makes you happy ok.

If you house have big windows shd not be a problem !!

This is what my kitchen flooring looks like , black/greyish matt tiles ( cement screen look ), with a touch of hi gloss black tiles.

DSC04607.jpg