Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
SittingBUll

Where To Buy Steel Shelves For Bomb Shelter?h

Hi,

Anybody knows of contacts to steel shelving for bomb shelter storage??? I would like to get somebody to construct one for me and looking for the sturdy ones? How about Ikea? Any comments and suggestions?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi,

Anybody knows of contacts to steel shelving for bomb shelter storage??? I would like to get somebody to construct one for me and looking for the sturdy ones? How about Ikea? Any comments and suggestions?

they come in 4ft or 6 ft and come construct L shape too, call Desmond at 98444477 (say introduce by William Lim), he just installed two sets for my office, very nice and good. By the way, it comes with timber decking too. Ikea's one is nice but not durable, the joints get loosen after a while.

Call Gawa for quote. They come to your place to show you brochure and to measure, then quote you the price. I ordered from them on the spot. I just got mine from Gawa, service not bad. Very sturdy...

how much do steel shelves usually cost?

Depends on how big your storeroom is and how big you want and long you want...L shape, U shape or just I shape? Mine is slighty under than $500, but my soon to be exneighbour did hers for $300 plus.

Was told can withstand 120 kg per level, so I got them without regrets knowing I will maximise my usage.

how much do steel shelves usually cost?

For L shape, you should be able to get under $500. No need too heavy duty because you are not industrial. Heavy stufff, you try put towards the end and at the bottom level, then your shelves will be very stable.

Just DIY

Get Angle bars from hardware shop, bolts and nuts, and rubber pads for the legs. Wala. I did mine for my store room and it cost me less than $70. :D

Just DIY

Get Angle bars from hardware shop, bolts and nuts, and rubber pads for the legs. Wala. I did mine for my store room and it cost me less than $70. :D

which hardware shop? any neighbourhood one? or homefix?

which hardware shop? any neighbourhood one? or homefix?

Don't get from HomeDIY, get from those neighbourhood one or you can try Defu. But problem is you need to transport, you need to find plywood (need to saw yourself into size), might get cut because the ends are razor sharp so might as well get people to do it. Do wrongly still can F them.