Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tweakmax2

Drilling Service

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

agreed... got them to do up my bamboo pole hooks - previous contractor drilled a hole tt was too big :furious: the hooks dropped out in less than a week when we moved in.

the uncle was really helpful, and made 2 trips up and down to get his ladder, tools, etc. thumbs up for good service, and friendly uncle.

I have engaged this bro's service on the weekends and just like to do a quick and dirty writeup on my experience.

Enquired about his drilling service on Sat night thru sms and got a reply back on Sun morning. As i have read about his charges here, i did not think much about it and engaged his services. Will give him a A+ for being prompt and accommodative to the timing especially on a Sun.

What i have in mind is to drill holes on the wall to installed a garden reel in the garden and also drill 1 or 2 thru' holes at the balcony as the rain on the weekends was a little scary for potential flood as the original hole was a little too small to facilitate the quick drainage. Only gotten the garden reel done as he did not have the tools to do the balcony as mentioned by him during the site inspection. The cost to install the garden reel is $40 as it required wall plug and the price per hole will be $10/-. I did not want to argue on the price during payment but since the bro sms me for feedback about his services and i thought i write something here.

I am happy about the service provided but not the pricing and have told him to think about how he explains it to future forumer about his pricing and charges. I quoted him an example, to install a tower holder, it probably takes 4 screws, thus 4 holes to be drilled. Will someone pay $20-40 per install?, which could work out to be more expensive than the holder itself if you are getting a regular one. My purpose of writing this is for Caveat Emptor.

I have engaged this bro's service on the weekends and just like to do a quick and dirty writeup on my experience.

Enquired about his drilling service on Sat night thru sms and got a reply back on Sun morning. As i have read about his charges here, i did not think much about it and engaged his services. Will give him a A+ for being prompt and accommodative to the timing especially on a Sun.

What i have in mind is to drill holes on the wall to installed a garden reel in the garden and also drill 1 or 2 thru' holes at the balcony as the rain on the weekends was a little scary for potential flood as the original hole was a little too small to facilitate the quick drainage. Only gotten the garden reel done as he did not have the tools to do the balcony as mentioned by him during the site inspection. The cost to install the garden reel is $40 as it required wall plug and the price per hole will be $10/-. I did not want to argue on the price during payment but since the bro sms me for feedback about his services and i thought i write something here.

I am happy about the service provided but not the pricing and have told him to think about how he explains it to future forumer about his pricing and charges. I quoted him an example, to install a tower holder, it probably takes 4 screws, thus 4 holes to be drilled. Will someone pay $20-40 per install?, which could work out to be more expensive than the holder itself if you are getting a regular one. My purpose of writing this is for Caveat Emptor.

Hi Wuga,

Thanks for the feedback.

As I explained earlier, the price for 4 normal holes is $30/- as we discuss when you request for the service. However upon our arrival, you requested to have wall plug instead of normal screw, as such we quote a diff price as it requires more work done.

With that, I do ack my fault for not being transparent when quoting u the price, as such I will change my thread to be much more detailed and transparent to our customers.

As for yr balcony drainage hole, we did not proceed to do it because we do not have the correct tool, We could have do it to earn $ by using our current tools. However, we decide not to do it, as we do not want to have any damage to yr property by using the incorrect tools.

Lastly, I agree that some of the drilling may cause more that the cost of the products. We goes by number of holes drill and not by judging on the cost of yr end products. Of cos, as mentioned yr towel holder will not require a wall plug strength, a normal drill with screw will do. And the hole will be there forever to support the towel holder when you change it over times.

Lastly, I appreciate yr feedback, as I always tell myself that we are out to provide good service at an affordable cost. Reputation is very impt to us as we are building our small business. I will update my cost list to be more transparent.

Thank you.

I had some drilling done on my home last Sunday by this uncle too. I needed 2 thru hole to be done between my bedrooms so that i can run some ethernet cable for all the bedrooms( nothing beats a wired connection!). Wanted a home about 25mm. So i engaged them to do the drilling work, inclusive of pvc pipe and patching up with putty. In the end i decided not to put in the pvc pipe after the uncle did the drilling cos the pipe will reduce the diameter of the hole to about 18-20mm. So leave the hole as it is since it is gonna be behind cabinet. Didnt bargin on the price too i found their price already reasonable and the uncle is friendly and helpful. Highly recommended, but in order to have miscommunication, must always stated everything clearly before engaging. I think wall plug is always required if the hole is to carry heavy loads, so as long as you mention whats the hole for, they should be able to quote you a exact price thru the phone.