Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gk1981

Tiles Selection

Hi All,

The following was stated in my quote:

Supply and lay 300mm X 450mm ceramic wall tiles for kitchen ( Material for wall tiles

$2.6psf )

Supply and lay 300mm X 450mm ceramic wall tiles for 2nos of toilet ( Material for wall

tiles $2.6psf )

Supply & lay 300mm X 300mm non slip heavy duty homogeneous floor tiles for kitchen

tiles ( Material for floor tiles $3psf )

Masonry Works

Supply & lay 300mm X 300mm on slip heavy duty homogeneous floor tiles for 2 toilet floor

tiles ( Material for floor tiles $3psf )

Supply & lay 300mm X 300mm on slip heavy duty homogeneous floor tiles for S.balony

floor tiles ( Material for floor tiles $3psf )

Supply & construct concrete L-shape kitchen cabinet base with side tiling work

But, the tiles we have chosen for wall tiles are all $2.20psf and for floor tiles $2.6psf.

Is it possible to ask the ID to reduce the cost for the above-mentioned items, since we have chosen tiles at lower costs??

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
You can try but not so much till they get a loss, anyway are you doing other stuffs under them as well?

Yes. Doing all my tiling, carpentry, painting everything. I am employing an ID.

Edited by gk1981

Of course can. for ex, if in the contract, you have signed for ex, $2.90 tiles, u have choosen $2.50, then you can ask your ID to offset the prices for u.

Yup I experience this as well. At first all my tile price is based on $3 psf. But when I choose my tiles, the tiles for the toilets are only $2.40 psf so I asked my contractor to requote me based on this price psf. However, only a difference of $50 to $100 for me, cos the area involved not that big :P

Yup I experience this as well. At first all my tile price is based on $3 psf. But when I choose my tiles, the tiles for the toilets are only $2.40 psf so I asked my contractor to requote me based on this price psf. However, only a difference of $50 to $100 for me, cos the area involved not that big :P

Yes same here too. My ID did not reduce the price, ut agreed to do some minor stuff FOC for me. So, I am happy for now :)

Hi hi!

Need some help here.

How much do the following cost?

- living room homo 600X 600 tiles psf

- usual kitchen floor and wall tiles

- usual bathroom floor and wall tiles

Cos I've been to quite a few ID and some quote me $2.50, some quote me $4.20 for the SAME area.

Help?