Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
doremon2009

D'amour ~ A Home With Peace,love ,happiness And Good Blessing.

Hi Doremon,

Your inbox is full to rec'd PM liao..

Hmm, your quote is all in lump sum de ar very difficult to gage which is reasonable or overprice.

My quote is lump sum because i took their package so they adjust whatever i required. than additional items (eg like gates, windows grills, shoe cabinet, feature wall etc) are quoted separately so i can compare quotes with external source.

my window grills and gate i get from outside.

Tv console and all the additional carpentry i also get from outside, cuz the ID's quote is over my budget.

But u do have lotsa of carpentry work i notice..so that should be where the main ar... if possible can you ask your renovator to give you a break down?

Edited by charemme

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi, got yr pm and here is my reply. Stick to yr budget as close as possible, usually it will deviated abt another 10%. Ask them to quote in LUMP SUM instead of breakdown for individual jobs, for example hacking job, electrical, tiling, piping, painting, carpentry job etc. But make sure u know what you want before asking them to furnish a lump sum quote, if not anything add on there will be charges.

The house is yrs and how u like to live in is all yr call. If you like to shift furniture once in a blue moon, get those homogeneous tile the design like a laminate wood finishing for yr living area. So you will have worry free of damanging yr flooring and water seepage problem. Electrical point positing, individual got different styles, some love to see power point every where in their house. Some love to have switches right infront of them so the cost is subjective. Will able to advise u once u decide the nos of power point in yr house.

Hope this helps.

cheers

I agree with the rest. The quote is too vague. There are usually too many hidden charges when a quote is presented as a total package. It's a lazy way to quote a project by the id company as they used standard measurements and generic inclusions. Once you start to customize the design and material, your VO will go through the roof. This step of the selection process is a good litmus test to determine the good from the bad id companies.

received your PM...hmm...kinda of hard to advise u based on that.....

but just some qns perhaps:

1.Alteration of existing main gate and main door to make good.

Alterate to make good? Don't quite understand....

2. Option Shoe cabinet with laminate finish 3ft (Laminate use $40/pc)

perhaps, see the range of 40/pc pattern first..the rest of the carpentry work u requested.....did they tell u what range price?

3.To paint whole unit in ICI Dulux paint

I am very particular abt this after been cheated years ago.. Perhaps, write any range of ICI delux paint...and also make sure u are there when they are starting the painting job..make sure u got the correct paint.. Paint is important from my pt of view in the whole of reno.

4. Hmm..u intend to do any additional electrical, telephone and SCV points? Not in the quote ya.. Usually, they will list it as optional items. per pt is how much in the quote

Yoz, u got PM. I also agree that it'll be good if you can get ur ID to break down the charges for each item. That way, in future should you wish to delete a particular item, u'll know how much the final quote should be, instead of doing guessing work.

Dude....that seems on the costly side to me.

I know this forum can make you want be as unique as possible, but 45k is a lot man. I don't know how bad the state of your flat is, but the quote seems to contain a lot of carpentry work that for me doesn't add up.

There are packages out there, where the ID or contractor will do up a complete 4rm flat including kitchen cabinets and TV feature wall for 22k.

If you then go out and get your own furniture, you should be well under 45k.

Maybe worth considering. I think you can do the 'package' to whip your house into good shape, spend a few K more to be "unique" and do a few special things, buy furniture think you'll be below 35k.

- hacking for the whole house = 2k

- wetworks = 1k to 1.5k

- tiles depend on quality and colour about 8k to 12k for the whole house

- kitchen cabinet 4k.

- worktop = 1.2k to 1.6k for good granite worktop

- not sure about windows, as my flat came with good ones

One thing about your quote, it doesn't contain a lot of water-proofing which you need for common toilet and theone in MBR. plus the service balcony. Your ID might charge that later on.

You should ask the ID for an itemized quote.

Bro,

I got a qns...went thru your quote again, not sure if i missed out some stuffs.. but i just post out hor

1) Your quote never include the hacking of existing kitchen cabinet/base/sink support.

Will your ID charge you extra for that?

2) Both toilets got no doors??, than what about full length mirror? do you require that?

How about the box up for those pipings in the bathroom?

3) Replacement of the rubbish chute cover ley?

4) Waterproofing membrane only at Kitchen? Than two bathroom how??

5) Install water heater, only 1?? than 2nd chargeable?

6) No glass or S/S backing for your kitchen or it will just be tiles?

7) Heavy Duty 4mm thick floor laminates? basically this means AC3 grade, if AC 3 grade than how can it be heavy duty???

(mayb im mistaken, but AC3/AC5, brand and warranty plays a part in the costing factor.. to me lah)

8) "Danto Japanese mosaic & quartz tile" also can choose up to $2.80 psf right... eh in the 1st place mosaic got range in $2.80 de mah?

9) Painting, what is the range they provide, how many colours and coating?

10) electrical works is additional right?

7) Heavy Duty 4mm thick floor laminates? basically this means AC3 grade, if AC 3 grade than how can it be heavy duty???

(mayb im mistaken, but AC3/AC5, brand and warranty plays a part in the costing factor.. to me lah)

8) "Danto Japanese mosaic & quartz tile" also can choose up to $2.80 psf right... eh in the 1st place mosaic got range in $2.80 de mah?

My laminates are 8mm thick and they cost $3.30 psf inclusive of delivery and installation. With padding and insulation layers would add up to 12mm.

Ask for itemized pricing so you can compare if they are giving you low quality goods for high prices.

I suggest that you don't get low quality "Heavy Duty 4mm thick floor laminates" from your ID/contractor.

If you are interested in where I got my laminates, can see my tblog :D

As for the mosaic tiles, go look at some tiles shop before you decide on this Danto tile. It may not be what you want. Some tiles are irregular, some tiles are easily stained, some tiles can't be exposed to acids.

When contractor quoted me tiling work at $2.50psf, I am worried because I saw a tile shop selling cheap china tiles at $2.50psf. My wife went straight to the $5psf section :rolleyes:

Edited by ossify

Hi All,

Really thanks for the helpful and the kind sharing ! : ) :yamseng:

I really need as many feedback asap.

Need to start reno very soon. Thus, has to work triple pace on my side.

Unfortunately all the renovators that I have contacted quotes send to me are varied and with as little description..

As an unseason customer, I find it quite tough ..

Think to speed up the process wonder if it's better that I come out the list, after consolidate all and let them fill in the blanks?

:help:

By the some renovators tell me they carry many brands and type of materials keep asking me to join and go with them to the different shops they recommend. However, I wish to check with you all.. if I have not decided/sign up is it ok that I do such? 1st, I really don't know what material is the good one and what's not. 2nd, is it ok to go with them to shops if I have not sign up with them? Actually some asked me to put deposit first before bring me to the diff shops..or provide further services except provide me the quote.

btw renotalk email box cleared already.. is it limited to only 10 emails??

Alternative, can also email me to trufaole@gmail.com

Ideally if can send me the quotation you have so I can understand how detail it should be.

!!THANKS!!

doremon,

what shop are your refering to?? before you commit anything..

they should be ablt to show u on the spot what they have for materials like laminates such as colour range, quality and brand.

Good idea, my friend did similiar things...

fax all the forms to contractor, ask them to fill in the prices.. than total up.. so she can compare :)

Btw, what about GST??!

Maybe just as a rough guide for you.. this is my intial Quote.. I dun have the final with me now..

Its something like this

Post #4

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...mp;#entry399143

Edited by charemme

Hi All,

Really thanks for the helpful and the kind sharing ! : ) :yamseng:

I really need as many feedback asap.

Need to start reno very soon. Thus, has to work triple pace on my side.

Unfortunately all the renovators that I have contacted quotes send to me are varied and with as little description..

As an unseason customer, I find it quite tough ..

Think to speed up the process wonder if it's better that I come out the list, after consolidate all and let them fill in the blanks?

By the some renovators tell me they carry many brands and type of materials keep asking me to join and go with them to the different shops they recommend. However, I wish to check with you all.. if I have not decided/sign up is it ok that I do such? 1st, I really don't know what material is the good one and what's not. 2nd, is it ok to go with them to shops if I have not sign up with them? Actually some asked me to put deposit first before bring me to the diff shops..or provide further services except provide me the quote.

btw renotalk email box cleared already.. is it limited to only 10 emails??

Alternative, can also email me to trufaole@gmail.com

Ideally if can send me the quotation you have so I can understand how detail it should be.

!!THANKS!!

if they carry many brands and materials, they should have the samples with them. after all, if you bypass the contractor and go direct to the shop selling the product, they'll give you free samples to take home and test :D

another thing is that when they bring you to the shops, they will get 10-30% comission based on your purchases. if you have not decided and have not signed, then no point going with them. just do your homework to know what material you want and tell them the material you want before comparing the quotes. never put deposit unless you want to use them.

on another issue, make sure you have a site visit before you sign on the dotted line. they may add certain variations due to your house existing condition, etc. my quotation for hacking was $900 but raised to $2200 after site visit. obviously that made me think twice about engaging them :rolleyes:

PAINT FOR THE WHOLE HOUSE

Base on my floorplan area in http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=24349

Renovator SC:

1) Paint whole unit's wall & ceiling with ICI emulsion paint

2) Paint all pipes, doors, doorframes & gate with ICI gloss paint

No breakdown of price, this renovator insist to submit bundle price..

Renovator IL:

1) To supply labour and material to paint whole house using nippon paint (4plus1) $1450

Renovator MC

1) Supply labour & material to paint the entire unit (walls&Ceiling using Nippon Vinilex 5000paint) $1,600.00

2) Supply labour & material to Paint all pipes, doors, doors frames with Nippon Gloss paint $250.00

Renovator IZ

Supply & apply original ICI Dulux or Nippon paint to all internal walls & ceilings.(Max 8 colours) $1,300.00

Supply & apply ICI gloss paint to all water piping, gates, doors, door frames & sewage pipe. $150.00

Renovator SD

To supply and apply 3 coats of ICI Dulux -Pentalite paint to all internal walls & ceiling ( 1 base coat & 2 finish coats)( up to 8 colours )(Price include painting all doors frame & piping) $1,500.00

So which paint is better? :help:

I did try to google about the description but turn out I become more confuse..

拜托those who knows something about paint give advise pls.. :help:

Its very hard to go point by point to compare like this. Its never ending and super tiring and the outcome may not be justifiable. You are abit overwhelm already because there is too much to know.

There are too many intangible factors to consider as well.

Select on ID that you trust and go ahead with it.

My painting turn out quite nicely :)

It boils down to whether you want a smooth reno experience without need to be worried about anything such as schedule, coordination etc, or you prefer to diy and get all the cheapest items possible from different contractors. A lot of discounts are inbuilt along the way together with freebies as you proceed with your renovation.