Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ahblur

Home & Furnishing: The Wardrobe Story

Yup. Can turn more then 90 degree - not sure can reach 180 not ( as in not sure can push in after 180 turn).

No problem with pulling out so far.

We got it free as we sign the closet package at expo when they are doing the promotion .

regards

Simon

They are having a promotion at expo now too. Last day Sunday.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
supersimon27>> your mirror can turn 180 degree har?? any problem pulling it out? how much were you charge for the mirror?

I tried .... Can turn 360 ... lol ha

Guest melancholic

Before picts of my MBR Wardrobe

photo0118u.jpg

photo0117n.jpg

After picts

photo0211q.jpg

The whole idea was to not make it look too much like a wardrobe... hence the niches to place stuff... ie. like the pics below

photo0263.jpg

photo0262b.jpg

Hi Melancholic

aiya, blur me. Your laminate on your wardrobe looks familiar, its from jenning? I chose the same but its white & black combination. I love everything in 2 tones haha.

Guest melancholic
Hi Melancholic

aiya, blur me. Your laminate on your wardrobe looks familiar, its from jenning? I chose the same but its white & black combination. I love everything in 2 tones haha.

Wah ... pbtgal!! your eyes very sharp leh. Yup.. it's from Jenning. We actually wanted another similar laminate from another company, but my ID said Jenning was better and he use them many times.. so... just use lor.. but luckily turned out to our expectations.

must post your wardrobe up when it's done!

Wah ... pbtgal!! your eyes very sharp leh. Yup.. it's from Jenning. We actually wanted another similar laminate from another company, but my ID said Jenning was better and he use them many times.. so... just use lor.. but luckily turned out to our expectations.

must post your wardrobe up when it's done!

No lah, my eyes not sharp & i blur like sotong. I happen to be using the same laminate. Sure, i hope my wardrobes as nice as yours.

BTW, realise ur eldest son bd falls on 30 Apr? That's my wedding anniversary leh :D .

Edited by pbtgal

Guest melancholic
No lah, my eyes not sharp & i blur like sotong. I happen to be using the same laminate. Sure, i hope my wardrobes as nice as yours.

BTW, realise ur eldest son bd falls on 30 Apr? That's my wedding anniversary leh :D .

Wah! Really?? That's cool!! haha.

Before picts of my MBR Wardrobe

photo0118u.jpg

photo0117n.jpg

After picts

photo0211q.jpg

The whole idea was to not make it look too much like a wardrobe... hence the niches to place stuff... ie. like the pics below

photo0263.jpg

photo0262b.jpg

Do you change the whole wardrobe or just change the doors?

Guest melancholic
Do you change the whole wardrobe or just change the doors?

I changed the whole wardrobe.

No point changing the doors only... cos then u will need to relaminate the rest of the structure, and the internal configuration may also not be what you want. Relaminating already costs 60-70% of the wardrobe cost...

Went down to Seng Kwong to see their wardrobe last week. They having promo $2500 for 10ft. Anybody used Seng Kwong ? What are your comments about their workmanship ?

- i noe lah. u so famous in Renotalk, y i dunoe urs oleady done some time ago.

- Sengkang rite. :notti:

- aniway,

(1) heavy duty hinges 2 support e wardrobe or cabinet door can b found & can b done.

(2) wardrobe door 2 mount LCD tv, unlikely 2b able 2.

(3) wardrobe framework or body 2 mount LCD tv can b done, provided e support panel 2 carry e load is thicker. Dat means e side panel.

- e doors for wardrobe & cabinet r e same type of composition & similar in construction.

- hollow core or flush type of construction.

- solid wood or solid plywood frame + bracing + plywood skin + laminate finished, pvc or hardwood trimmings & handles.

- e 'body' or rather e main 'framework', is diferent frm e door leafs, b it wardrobe or cabinet.

- solid plywood = layers of plywood compressed & bind 2gether, no matter e thickness. Can see e layers wen lookin at e section (e thickness).

- solid plywood frame + plywood skin + laminate finished surface & trimmings. Other types of trimmings depends on size.

- e other conventional type or rather e more expensive type, shd b e solid wood construction with lacquer finish.

- door leafs or carpentry framework, all olso beli e heavy & sturdy.

- solid wood which can see e grain or eye, smooth finished with lacquer or paint. Eg. nytoh door. Classic, Victorian type of design uses this, can b in any color finish.

- internal shelving can be solid wood finished or solid plywood finished.

- earlier days, cheaper version is e chipboard type, b it doors of frame. Chipboard is e compressed of small wood & cork fillings in2 a ply with thickness.

Points 4 u 2 consider->

- 1 wardrobe door leaf is how wide, ur LCD tv how wide?

- wardrobe door leaf is which type of construction?

- wher e tv bracket b fixing onto?

- electrical wiring & cables between power source & tv?

- antenna?

- e above is based on my limited knowledge.

:yamseng:

- bopian, space constraint.

:rolleyes:

- k. I'l check & PM u then.

- saw ur list of works 2b done under ur siggy, so u gona coordinate ur own?

:o

- got increase meh?

- e range is stil e same. Depends on who u get & wat type of wardrobe, wat materials & how's e construction like.

- u get wat u pay stil applies.

- shd b starting frm $220pfr..

- pricing for new carpentry works to New Apt. & pricing for carpentry to Existing/Resale Apt. is different.

- gota take in2 considerations e dismantling of existing carpentry & e touching up of affected areas.

- & coordinating e takin care of e surrounding furnitures & fittings.

:sport-smiley-004:

wat are the things that must be carefully checked? i am using the back of my MBR wardrobe as a "featured wall", and will be mounting a 42" lcd tv using the back of the wardrobe. my contractor say he will be adding an extra layer of wood partition at the back, and also reinforced wood at the mounting area.

any other stuffs to take note?

thanks!