Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cornetto

Home & Furnishing: The Kitchen Cabinet Story

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Did you install Blum soft closing for all drawers and doors for your kitchen cabinets? It's like $100+ per runner right? Was it in your kitchen cabinet quotation package or you got to top-up to get the Blum?

- s mentioned, all in for carpentry.

- mayb mine is cheaper versions.

- kitchen accessories, eg hob/hood/sink/tap/oven, elect sw not included.

Edited by jaCKY777

Hi

If anyone install a "grey coloured "cabinet pls post the pics~

Thanks... i'm planning to get my kitchen done..

Thinking of grey and black concept...

Does anyone know roughtly how much will it cost to get the whole kitch to be done,,, floor tiles,wall tiles and the cabinet!

Hi, mine is grey with yellow. Backing is black glass, solid surface is black with white and silver speckles. Don't do a full black solid surface top as scratches will be VERY obvious.

CIMG2053.jpg

Edited by mmycheng

Hi,

I'm planning for my reno and my dear wife is insisting on having white kitchen cabinet. I think otherwise because I thought white will be easily dirty and guess who will be doing all the cleaning and complaining later :notti: . I'm also concern whether the white will eventually turn yellowish.

Can I check whether my concerns are valid and what is the best colour for kitchen for easy maintenance.

Thanks!

Hi,

I'm planning for my reno and my dear wife is insisting on having white kitchen cabinet. I think otherwise because I thought white will be easily dirty and guess who will be doing all the cleaning and complaining later :notti: . I'm also concern whether the white will eventually turn yellowish.

Can I check whether my concerns are valid and what is the best colour for kitchen for easy maintenance.

Thanks!

MmM I heard of that too but as my family rarely cooks I'm not worried. I think there was some comment about using some light chemicals to clean and your cabinets will look spanking new. Can't rem where I saw that comment though :P

The 3rd thread of the home & furnishing series --> Your Kitchen Cabinets!

As stated in http://renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2402&hl= , this series of threads are meant for forummers to consolidate pics of your home & furnishings for the benefit of all forummers.

Best if you can also include stuff like who made them, where to get them, model, price, and any other details about your stuff. :idea:

Subject: Use of National Tiles on the Flooring, Facing, Columns and Walkways of your projects.

Dear Sir,

We take this opportunity to inform you that National Tiles are manufactured in Pakistan with the revolutionary “Extrusion and Split Technology” in technical collaboration of M/s. AGROB Anlagenbauy GmbH of Germany and fully comply with German Standard DIN specification No. 18166. National Tiles are fired for 46 hours at a very high temperature (about 1,1800C) in a 104 Meters long, Tunnel Kiln which makes them vitrified with incomparable strength.

National tiles are fired at a very high temperature (about1,1800C) in a Tunnel Kiln 104 Meters long, which makes them vitrified with incomparable strength. It is worth mentioning that National Tiles are vitrified and it has less than 3% water absorption and are highly resistant to acid/alkali and chemical reaction, abrasion and frost. Apart from elegance and durability the National Tiles are maintenance free, as compared to other building materials, therefore National Tiles are the ideal choice for facing & flooring.

It would be pertinent to mention here that National Tiles is extensively used by DHA, CDGK as well as Municipality of Dubai and Abu Dhabi in UAE. The main salient features of Tiles are mentioned hereunder:-

We can supply you National Tiles with laying / fixing alongwith base material and wastage as under:-

Built-In Grip

Rear of each National Tiles have dove tail form of ribs / groves which provide for more secure and permanent grip / adhesion on wall/facing.

Corrosion Resistant

Will not corrode due to vitrification, chemical property and crystalline structure.

Water Absorption

National Tiles are vitrified as such its Water Absorption is less than 3%.

Sun fast Colours

No Colour change after continues exposure to strong sunlight. Is also works in reduction of heat in the home which will remit in saving of electricity consumption.

Load Bearing

National Tiles have load bearing capacity of 7500 PSI.

Acid/Alkali Resistant / Chemical

National Tiles are resistant to Acid, Alkali and Chemicals.

Abrasion Resistant

Very high scratch hardness ensures abrasion resistant and extreme hygiene.

Brutal Strength

National Tiles are fired on very high temperature (11800C) five times longer than normal tiles to make them vitrified solid, hard strong and externally durable.

Special Accessories.

National Tiles is the only tiles which provides matching accessories namely facing strips, Step Tiles, Plain Angle & Skirting Tiles.

Attractive Price

With Split Technology two tiles are produced in one cycle thereby making it possible to market them at an affordable attractive price.

Thanking you and assuring you of our fullest cooperation and advisory services, we remain,

Yours very truly,

for National Tiles & Ceramics Ltd

Agha Murtaza

www.nationaltiles.com

Hi,

Thanks!

i'm having glossy white laminate for my kitchen cabinets

normal wiping with water is good enough

using diluted thinner will give it a brand new look for festive season :notti:

Hi Guys...need some advice from you all....Anyone is using White corian top?? Any problems using white?..Wanna use that color cos it looks great but having some concerns......

Hi Guys...need some advice from you all....Anyone is using White corian top?? Any problems using white?..Wanna use that color cos it looks great but having some concerns......

I think white or black would look very nice for kitchen top but I have reservations especially if scratches can be very visible on these 2 colours. One of the recently renovated polyclinic is usually white solid top n the scratches can be seen clearly :jawdrop:

I am currently choosing kitchen laminate for cabinet doors.

I noticed many of you went for black or white laminate but I am worried of scratch-visibility (I cook a lot) and I also prefer the woodgrain series of laminate.

In particular, I love the classy graining of the LamiTAK series. One catches my eye very much, called Cafe Spectro, which has streaks of multi-colour woodgrains.

Although I find this laminate very unique, I am worried the graining is too much for the eye after some time.

What do people think of having woodgrain laminate all over the kitchen? Shd I go for the woodgrain for bottom cabinets and matt white laminate for wall cabinets? Would this look weird?

THANKS for any advice or input!

I am currently choosing kitchen laminate for cabinet doors.

I noticed many of you went for black or white laminate but I am worried of scratch-visibility (I cook a lot) and I also prefer the woodgrain series of laminate.

In particular, I love the classy graining of the LamiTAK series. One catches my eye very much, called Cafe Spectro, which has streaks of multi-colour woodgrains.

Although I find this laminate very unique, I am worried the graining is too much for the eye after some time.

What do people think of having woodgrain laminate all over the kitchen? Shd I go for the woodgrain for bottom cabinets and matt white laminate for wall cabinets? Would this look weird?

THANKS for any advice or input!

Do you have any pictures of the design or pattern, because it is hard for us to visualize without the pic. :)

anyone use montelli for kitchen top? Also from dupont same as corian..

any feedback?

if i put my oven, mircowave, rice cooker direct on my soild surface kitchen top and use it ..will it spoil my kitchen top??

if i put my oven, mircowave, rice cooker direct on my soild surface kitchen top and use it ..will it spoil my kitchen top??

Then where do you put the appliances? :)

My suggestion is, if your kitchen top is not those granite or solid wood type, placed a soft mat between the appliances and the kitchen top.