Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cornetto

Home & Furnishing: The Kitchen Cabinet Story

Hi all,

I got a resale flat recently. The kitchen cabinets are made of soild wood and still in good condition. One of the Ids I met suggested keeping the cabinets. However, I don't like the kitchen floor tiles and plan to replace them. The Id says hacking the floor tiles will not damage the cabinets because the cabinets are built on a raised platform. The problem is another Id told me that this is not possible because hacking the floor tiles will most certainly damage the cabinets. May I check if anyone has tried the above before and can share your experience?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi all,

I got a resale flat recently. The kitchen cabinets are made of soild wood and still in good condition. One of the Ids I met suggested keeping the cabinets. However, I don't like the kitchen floor tiles and plan to replace them. The Id says hacking the floor tiles will not damage the cabinets because the cabinets are built on a raised platform. The problem is another Id told me that this is not possible because hacking the floor tiles will most certainly damage the cabinets. May I check if anyone has tried the above before and can share your experience?

only can say that likehood it will damage the cabinet due to the virbration while hacking...

but not impossible if the worker is real skillful and careful ba.

anyway u can try sediment flake coating. no hacking if need for ur tiles n u can change the color of ur liking.

if u interested i can give u my contractor contract n website to take a look.

only can say that likehood it will damage the cabinet due to the virbration while hacking...

but not impossible if the worker is real skillful and careful ba.

anyway u can try sediment flake coating. no hacking if need for ur tiles n u can change the color of ur liking.

if u interested i can give u my contractor contract n website to take a look.

Hi Jadens28,

thanks for the suggestion. Will sediment flake coating be able to be able to cover the grooves and lines of the original tiles. What I dislike about my original tiles is that they are made of small squares, almost like mosaic tiles, and the colours are very dull. I prefer larger and brighter tiles.

Anyway, I have also asked other Ids about this and am waiting for their replies. But you know, some Ids who are too eager to get your deal may say no problem to anything, while some who want to earn more of your money will suggest you change everything. So that's why I think it is better to also hear from the 'customers'.

Hi Jadens28,

thanks for the suggestion. Will sediment flake coating be able to be able to cover the grooves and lines of the original tiles. What I dislike about my original tiles is that they are made of small squares, almost like mosaic tiles, and the colours are very dull. I prefer larger and brighter tiles.

Anyway, I have also asked other Ids about this and am waiting for their replies. But you know, some Ids who are too eager to get your deal may say no problem to anything, while some who want to earn more of your money will suggest you change everything. So that's why I think it is better to also hear from the 'customers'.

yes it will cover the grove line. Can say totally no line will be seen due to tat it will be much more easy to maintance. Additional point addded will be the sediment flake can provide anti-slip.

Ya I agree with u some Id wanna earn money they will try to convince u to change everything, n be pushy. Which I dun like oso. That's y we r in the forum seaching for ans from the sharing of the bro n Sis which did their reno.

I pmed u their website u may go n take a look.:)

yes it will cover the grove line. Can say totally no line will be seen due to tat it will be much more easy to maintance. Additional point addded will be the sediment flake can provide anti-slip.

Ya I agree with u some Id wanna earn money they will try to convince u to change everything, n be pushy. Which I dun like oso. That's y we r in the forum seaching for ans from the sharing of the bro n Sis which did their reno.

I pmed u their website u may go n take a look.:)

Hi Jaden,

Thanks for the info. I will go and take a look :)

Thanks to this forum.

Manage to view and get idea from so many kitchen cabinets design.

Here you go for my self-design kitchen cabinet that suit my area and usage.

Manage to source for my own carpenter at a good price.

Didn't like the stainless steel backing (look like 'chu char' kitchen as what my hubby told me , hehee) , so get a tempered glass instead.

Contractor ID quoted me $4K plus while this carpenter quoted me $3K plus for same design and material that i ask them to quote.

Do comment on the design and the pricing as well. Cheap , expensive?

Before:-

(Kitchen too long, so patch 2 pictures)

oldkitchen.jpg

After:-

P1070060s.jpg

P1070064s.jpg

P1070066s.jpg

This is my Kitchen

Red and White

3650035021_59c86b1441.jpg

3650835634_3c2a025eeb.jpg

3650039291_4a295406d1.jpg

hi,

would you mind telling me how much you have spent for this kitchen? it looks nice..=)

won't all the white cabinet doors turn yellow after some years?

Go look for high gloss material for White , easier to maintain.

But if black, no, coz a lot of fingers print and very visible.

Go look for high gloss material for White , easier to maintain.

But if black, no, coz a lot of fingers print and very visible.

Gloss material prone to wavy effect. Hence, people usually opt for matt finish.

Gloss material prone to wavy effect. Hence, people usually opt for matt finish.

Hrmmm, I am using high gloss for my top cabinet and matt for my bottom cabinet.

So far no wavy effect ler. For the gloss white easier to maintain than the matt lime green one so far.

Now the trend is to hide most appliances within kitchen cabinets to achieve the 'clean' look.

Can I really hide rice cooker and kettle inside the cabinets?

So much steam coming out when in use even though i open the cabinet door during the cooking process :unsure:

Won't it spoil or dull the laminate?

Edited by strawberry8

Now the trend is to hide most appliances within kitchen cabinets to achieve the 'clean' look.

So much steam coming out when in use even though i open the cabinet door during the cooking process :unsure:

Yes it would spoil the laminate or the internal PVC.

No, no way you can hie the rice cooker and kettle inside the cabinet.

THe steam will definately spoil the laminate unless you use glass cabinet :P