Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
poulnil

Carpentry Queries

Hi bros n Sis,

I had read up some of the threads in the carpentry section ?

First May i know how they quote ?

Measure by per foot run or per square feet ? How they measure ? Only the length or the whole dimension ? Any examples ?

What is the average price in the market ? Depending on type of material ? I believed most using solid plywood.

For the pricing does it include the laminate and hinges ?

I gt a quotation from 1 of the contractor 15.5ft kitchen cabinet $3100. Is the price reasonable ?

Hope you guys can guide me along.

Really thanks guys. If anything i miss out can also highlight to me.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi bros n Sis,

by footrun

Measure by per foot run or per square feet ? How they measure ? Only the length or the whole dimension ? Any examples ?

kitchen cabinet by length

What is the average price in the market ? Depending on type of material ? I believed most using solid plywood.

kitchen cabinet ard 100 to 110 per foot run

yes will be included

I gt a quotation from 1 of the contractor 15.5ft kitchen cabinet $3100. Is the price reasonable ?

15ft for total lenght of top n bottom plus solid surface??

hope it does help... :)

Edited by jadens28

Hi bros n Sis,

Measure by per foot run.By length.

Market price varies according to type of material used, the complexity etc.

It includes everything including installation.

Does your kitchen cabinet comes with postform top or solid surface? Brand of laminate? Actually a lot of factors that determines the price.

My contractor quote me $3100 for the 15.5ft kitchen cabinet.

They are using Seng Lee Laminate.

Measure by per foot run.By length.

Market price varies according to type of material used, the complexity etc.

It includes everything including installation.

Does your kitchen cabinet comes with postform top or solid surface? Brand of laminate? Actually a lot of factors that determines the price.

Counter top i using granite. My contractor charging me $1300 for the granite top.

So may i know how my contractor calculate based on the given price of $3100 for the kitchen cabinet ?

Thanks

how abt the counter top??
Edited by poulnil

Counter top i using granite. My contractor charging me $1300 for the granite top.

So may i know how my contractor calculate based on the given price of $3100 for the kitchen cabinet ?

Thanks

15.5 ft granite top = $1300 ==> per ft is $83.87, its quite reasonable through if got it direct from factory can be ard $75.

Normal kitchen cabinet gives you only 4 drawers (the rest are casement doors), additional cost will be charge if you want more drawers.

What your contractor charge you are on slightly high side, maybe can ask them to lower a bit. Ask them to provide you with fully open type drawer runners and anti-slam hinge.

:D

Thanks

this 1300 is included in the 3100 or 3100 for kitchen cabinet plus 1300 for granite top total will be 4400??

Hi bros n Sis,

hi,

$3100 for 15.5ft is about $200 pfr..think a direct carpenter charges $160-$170 pfr..is yours laminated door finishes??

mine charges me $120/ft run, without the top as I m going for black galaxy granite top. is tat consider cheap?

mine charges me $120/ft run, without the top as I m going for black galaxy granite top. is tat consider cheap?

What did your contractor gives u for your kitchen cabinet?...more drawers, coloured glass cabinet, blum system?? $120pfr can consider reasonable or expensive, it depend on the material, design, etc...