Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chewbecca

Home & Furnishing: The Grilles Story

hi hi,

hmm do you think if we go thru ID to make our railings for house, would it be more expensive? (somehow i think, but of coz rite... ;) )

but save hassel. hiak hiak.

:yamseng:

chewy

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi to all,

I need some advices urgently, can someone help? The story is that my home's aluminium grilles are completed and the grille contractor is asking for payment already but I realised that there are scratches here and there. Is it a norm to expect fine scratches on the grilles? Dunno whether to release the last payment to him. Someone please advice, thanks...

It is abot $4.50 per square feet.... it cost total $380 for my whole house 5 room flat.. 14 window panels

IMG_0018.jpg

hi elmoboy,

i noticed the grilles cover only the centre part of the window...

izzit a sliding grilles or fixed one??

thanks! :)

Need some advice.

I hav been quoted $650 for alu windows at balcony; $750 for alu windows at scv balcony & $1150 for alu grills for whole unit. issit ex?

mine is EA premium at jurong west. 134sqm type.

Thks.

my window grilles

from panggiap coz they are the only one carrying alumesh

IMG_1790.jpg

didn't like the workmanship so won't be recommending to anyone :yamseng:

windows cost $900 for six panels at balcony and 3 panels at yard

grilles cost $2,320 for six panels at balcony, 4 panels at yard, 2 panels for 3 bedrooms and study, and for both toilets

what's the diff btwn 4 panel and 3 panel? ahem... i'm a grille virgin.

i'm looking into installing grilles at my 5 rm flat.

for MBR's main window(as well as the little window that leads out to the a/c), study room, baby's room, kitchen service yard. what should i look out for?

need advice from all of u out there, esp those wif infants and babies. (p.s i've an 8 month old who's teribly active now!)

Can someone help me on the quotation below?

Supply labour and materials to install simple white powder costing aluminium sliding/fix window grilles to the following area:

- Living room: 3 portion window sliding grille $500

- Kitchen service yard: 3 portion window sliding grille $320

- Study room: 3 portion window sliding grille and 1 portion fixed window grille to side window $450

- Baby's BR: 3 portion sliding window grille and 1 portion fix window grille to side window $490

- MBR: 4 portions sliding window grille and 1 portion fix window grille to side window $410

- MBR aircon window: 2 x 1 portion fix window grille (casement) $180

Thanks. appreciate if anyone can help to see if the cost is reasonable and what to look out for in the quote? 8|

hmm, without measurements it's rather difficult for us to comment coz grilles are usually charged by psf

but i'd say yours is rather expensive, esp if it's normal aluminium grilles

judging from the number of panels you have, likely the grilles cost $12-$15psf

normal aluminium grilles cost around $5psf, wrought iron around $10psf.

hi applefreak,

my house is a 5room flat at Toa Payoh(40 storeys). 110 sqm.(if that's any indication at all! :dancingqueen:)

i'll attach floor plan when i reach home and scan :o

thanks in advance!

hmm, without measurements it's rather difficult for us to comment coz grilles are usually charged by psf

but i'd say yours is rather expensive, esp if it's normal aluminium grilles

judging from the number of panels you have, likely the grilles cost $12-$15psf

normal aluminium grilles cost around $5psf, wrought iron around $10psf.

Hi wondering if anyone knows of a place to do acrylic type of window grills? I know in S'pore the common thing is to use wrought iron / aluminium grills but in places like Hong Kong, there is a new trend using plastic/acrylic strips to put across windows as they are subtle looking and do not obscure view outside. They look incredibly nice. Anyone can advice where I can get these from?

Hi,

Anyone besides applefreak has engaged the service of 'panggiap'? Got a quotation from them and is about to engage them too. But now is a little sceptical after reading what applefreak said about their workmanship. Any comments?

Help Needed!

Have signed contract with a window installer to change all the windows grilles on Monday.

Then yesterday, another person came to take the measurement again. After he left,

the saleperson called me up to say that it is nicer to use bigger frame for my window, ask

me to top up $400 plus.

Acording to them , the existing window is sliding and i am changing to casement, so the concrete window

frame is 4" and the window frame is 1.5 so there will be a gap there. They say that it will be nicer to

cover the gap but I said never mind.

They pestered me alot and finally I told them that at most I will top up $200 to change to bigger window.

Can someone enlighten me on what is this different sizes of window?

Thanks in advance.

Hi wondering if anyone knows of a place to do acrylic type of window grills? I know in S'pore the common thing is to use wrought iron / aluminium grills but in places like Hong Kong, there is a new trend using plastic/acrylic strips to put across windows as they are subtle looking and do not obscure view outside. They look incredibly nice. Anyone can advice where I can get these from?

Any pics to share to let us know how it looks like?