Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chewbecca

Home & Furnishing: The Grilles Story

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
wah very swee

what colour is that ?

erm its yellow-ish... hehe! our unit comes with the lower grilles, so we just told id to match same colour with our chosen design for the upper grilles.

what's the difference between powder coated and non-powder coated aluminium grille?

FINALLY FOUND A THHREAD ON WINDOW GRILLE!! hehee

yeah someone pls tell me, wat is powder coated and non-powder, what is the price diff?

I emailed Wellmax my FLoor plan 3 days ago and they never got bacK! so slowwwww and inefficient :furious:

i will look for other source, anyone can recommand?

can they tell how many panels we need just by looking at our floorplan?

You might want to call them. I got their contact via Keltong. Let me know if you want his no. :)

And they need to go to yr hse to see the exact size. Because old and new hdb units have different sizing (or so i'm told).

I just want to rant a bit on changing my windows in Singapore.

I wanted to change my resale unit windows and thus went calling like 10 contrators/"direct from factory" numbers under the Straits Times Classfieds the past week.

When calling them, I normally will specify I wanted casement + powder-coated windows-frame only, normal darken glass panel, no grills. I am willing to "downgrade" to silver frame, if too ex for powder-coated windows.

It ended up most of them seems to do package ($1500 for 4rm). Some quotes from $18 - $7 psf. Some does not want to reveal their pricing, say it's $10+ .. i mean you state $10plus can range from $10 t- $19.99 right? Most of them say you want powder-coated, white is ok, other colour must add $ etc, expensive, discourage me from doing.

So many of them seem to be hiding something or giving me expensive,ambigious quotes, like saying "range from $18- $20 per sq ft".

Lastly I would like to say that most contractors/suppliers just want to "carrot/chop" their customers as much as possible. Some will claim SG's cheapest etc... Such a headache trying to find reliable, honest, reasonable price, so any sincere recommendations will be highly appreciated.

Actually I estimated should not be >S$1.2k for my windows, from the window area that I measured. Is this really too low?

Has anyone engaged F&A Aluminium for its window and grill works? Can share ur experience here?

This is one of those I called (cos of their leaflet in my mailbox). Their leaflet claimed " HURRY! Last Days, Cheapest in Singapore" and 3panel $220, 4panel $270 for their casement windows. when I called them.. they say "that is those small windows... we need to measure yours to see exact price" etc etc. Start to feel pissed off already. Then they end up quoting like $18-20 psf for powder-coated casement windows (depending on colour you want), roughly 4-room will end up more than $2000 for windows only. :furious:

Hi people, anyone wanting to install windows / grills can refer to this "indicative" pricing by HDB.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10205p.nsf/WP...ndicative_Price

But I find the window "indicative" price is set too high.

Eg: 1 sqmetre = 10.764 sqfeet. Thus $250/sqmetre = $23.23/sqfeet (a price I personally find is too high).

A useful tip is to do some self-measure of all your windows area (height x length) in inches and cm then roughtly calculate the price by the quote you get, usually in $/psf (per square feet).

And you can also check your contractors if they are BCA-approved here:

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/bn25/isos118p.nsf/Wi...nstaller%20Home

Edited by thevert

You might want to call them. I got their contact via Keltong. Let me know if you want his no. :)

And they need to go to yr hse to see the exact size. Because old and new hdb units have different sizing (or so i'm told).

Hi can pm me the contact please. Thanks in advance..

Edited by lfcd66

Hi can pm me the contact please. Thanks in advance..

Hihi, sorry for the late pm... i ahrdly come to this pg nowadays. :)

Had just pm-ed you.

:yamseng:

Hi may i know what the market rate now for:

a)Clear window glass per sqfeet

b)Tinted blue window glass per sqfeet

c)Aluminium Silver sliding and casement Grilles per sqfeet

d)Solid Type sliding and casement grilles per sqfeet

Edited by simpleguy80

Hi may i know what the market rate now for:

a)Clear window glass per sqfeet

b)Tinted blue window glass per sqfeet

c)Aluminium Silver sliding and casement Grilles per sqfeet

d)Solid Type sliding and casement grilles per sqfeet

A) Clear glass with what frame? Silver/ Bronze?

It cost around $12 for sliding windows, $13.50 for casements windows

b)Tinted around $1 extra per sq ft

c) Sliding grilles around $6.50 Casement around 50 cents- $1 more?

d)Solid round tube you mean? This cost around $2 more than C

I have contractors doing these, if you need feel free to ask for free quote from them, if best have ur measuremnts ready ^^

All price listed is for whole house, which means if you do only 1 or 2, there may be extra charges, need to ask them

Edited by xicloudix

A) Clear glass with what frame? Silver/ Bronze?

It cost around $12 for sliding windows, $13.50 for casements windows

b)Tinted around $1 extra per sq ft

c) Sliding grilles around $6.50 Casement around 50 cents- $1 more?

d)Solid round tube you mean? This cost around $2 more than C

I have contractors doing these, if you need feel free to ask for free quote from them, if best have ur measuremnts ready ^^

All price listed is for whole house, which means if you do only 1 or 2, there may be extra charges, need to ask them

I was quoted for $3,000 for:

4 panels of window blue tinted casement window + silver top sliding grills

3 panels of silver top sliding grills + 1 panel of fixed top side grills + 3 panels of fixed bottom grills

2 panels of silver top sliding grills + 1 panel of fixed top side grills + 2 panels of fixed bottom grills

2 panels of silver top sliding grills + 1 panel of top casement grills + 3 panels of fixed bottom grills and 1 panel of top casement grills at window ledge

2 panels of blue tinted casement window

4 panels of blue tinted casement window + silver top sliding grills

2 panels of sliding grills

1 bi fold kitchen white alumiunium door with PVC panel

1 3-panel white aluminium shower screen with PVC panel

All grilles are double hollow.

Is it a good bargain for this rate or how much can i bargain further? For my side and bottom window should i make casement or fixed grills? How do i check is double hollow when the grills came?

Any nice latest grills designs to share with?

Edited by simpleguy80

Can somebody advise me.. recently i installed powder coated window grilles in blue same as the colour which HDB had provided for the windows. However the 4 corners of the window grilles and the keys lock knob is in white colour. :~ According to my supplier, those areas are in PVC hence cannot be powder coated to be uniform with other areas. Is that true?

Pls :help:

A similar was posted by me at http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17812 as well :sport-smiley-018::sport-smiley-018:

My HDB 4rm in Bishan is currently on-going renovation by contractors. The very same group of contractors (hacking, tiling, grills/windows, plumber, electrical works, carpentry) that goes from renovation to renovation...they will coordinate the tasks among themselves...no need to worry and most importantly very value for money... hehehe :)

Very satisfied with the quality materials & workmanship. My wife will create a blog soon hahaha.

...18 days oredi...my internal store walls are still very much intact... no approval in sight yet...for those who need to hack walls - plz submit 2 wks earlier for HDB approval... hahahaha :bow:

Some grill/window pics to share...

For my WPC (white powder coated) window grills, the grills are heated to a certain temperature before splashing white powder onto them. In the market, many are selling so called WPC window grills by spraying/painting white paint - thereby, the paint will peel off easily.

Bedroom3-before-after.gif

MBR-before-after.gif

BTW, also hack off all the bedroom door frames as well as toilet door frame (bi-fold doesn't require any)