Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chewbecca

Home & Furnishing: The Grilles Story

my iD charged me:

- silver casement with slightly black tinted glass (116 sqft) - 1670 (approx 14.4 per sqft)

- silver sliding with slightly black tinted glass (124 sqft) - 1470 (approx 11.85 per sqft)

- grill (240 sqft) - 1100 (approx 4.583 per sqft)

Edited by mwerkz

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i am doing window grilles similar to elmoboy, just the middle portion where the windows swing out.

gotten a quote for sliding window grilles $480 which includes

3 x 5ft by 3ft 2-panel windows

1 x 4ft by 3ft 2-panel windows

1 x 8ft by 3ft 4-panel windows

for aircon ledge window, was quoted $54 for about 2.5ft by 3ft 1-panel pull-out (not sliding) style.

is the quote reasonable?

It is abot $4.50 per square feet.... it cost total $380 for my whole house 5 room flat.. 14 window panels

IMG_0018.jpg

I'm staying in a 3 room resale old flat along corridor. The window is the old louvre type where most parts are in aluminium leaves. I hardly open the windows or main door to ensure privacy.

However, this causes the living room not bright enough during daytime.

Any suggestion to the type of window and grilles that i can change to and what is the estimated cost to change for the living room and one bedroom that is along the corridor?

I prefer those windows that allow sunlight to penetrate through yet my neighbours won't be able to see inside when they walk passed my unit. Perhaps something like the white opaque acrylic type but using material that is suitable for corridor. As for the grilles, any recommendation on the design to be simple and modern looking yet it can prevent theft from easily break-into the house, such as stainless steel.

Thanks for reading and hope to have some valuable suggestions.

my father is complaining abt how the original hdb grills n windows sux... its heavy n difficult to push out the windows.

so i got a quote form PG ( read abt them here, called them and they came for measurement) and was quoted 6100 ( including gst) for a 5 rm flat. ( ALL windows n grills change) except the toilet lourves.

quotation was for sliding windows power coated grills with tea color glass.

not sure whether its cheap or expensive becos my house do have a lot of windows. 6 walls in total.

any other advise on other contractors?

my father is complaining abt how the original hdb grills n windows sux... its heavy n difficult to push out the windows.

so i got a quote form PG ( read abt them here, called them and they came for measurement) and was quoted 6100 ( including gst) for a 5 rm flat. ( ALL windows n grills change) except the toilet lourves.

quotation was for sliding windows power coated grills with tea color glass.

not sure whether its cheap or expensive becos my house do have a lot of windows. 6 walls in total.

any other advise on other contractors?

Hi,

yr quote for yr window n window grilles is abit ex....

Hi,

yr quote for yr window n window grilles is abit ex....

Hi all

So glad that i found this thread on windows and grills. I levelled out my balcony and installed 4 sliding windows panel to the balcony window. I realized that when i hold on to the first window panel to slide the second panel, the meetinf point where i can lock these two panels in place does not meet one another. I asked my contractor why the window panel 'over-slides' and he says its normal....

Please advise whether this is true.

Don't really understand the need for grilles in a high rise building.

If you're facing a common corridor, maybe.

Otherwise it's pretty much unnecessary.

i bet u dun haf young kids

i'm also looking to change my grilles... to wrought iron ones. other than PG mentioned here, any other to recommend? also those who had used PG before, what was the experience and workmanship? thks!

anyone use those invisible window grill before??

I saw it in the chinese newspaper yesterday..seem very interesting..

eerrr....invisible? Got pic?