Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chewbecca

Home & Furnishing: The Grilles Story

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I just did my invicible grills for living and my 3 bedrooms. Cost me $1.6k. It's very nice. The downside is cleaning of the window is a bit harder esp the grills are fixed and not moveable. No regrets for doing it though. You can call Legate and they can show me some pictures. I believe by now they would have a showroom in Geylang.

you mean the grills are fixed as in cannot slide to one side like normal grills?

Can you upload some pic of your windows and the grills to show us?

You got Legate contact number or their showroom address?

I just did my invicible grills for living and my 3 bedrooms. Cost me $1.6k. It's very nice. The downside is cleaning of the window is a bit harder esp the grills are fixed and not moveable. No regrets for doing it though. You can call Legate and they can show me some pictures. I believe by now they would have a showroom in Geylang.

I've been getting many positive comments on my new grilles and rails, so I would like to share my "Before & After" pics here.

Before: Old-fashioned wrought iron grille gate

FrontDoor.jpg

After: Simple mild steel grille gate

P8040002.jpg

Before: Glass and aluminum staircase rails

Staircase-1.jpg

After: Simple mild steel staircase rails

P8040009.jpg

you mean the grills are fixed as in cannot slide to one side like normal grills?

Can you upload some pic of your windows and the grills to show us?

You got Legate contact number or their showroom address?

Here's a picture of the grille in one of my rooms

DSCN0345.jpg

Edited by streamrsz

streamrsz,

Is the spacing for the invisible grilles fixed? Seems like yours is quite near to each other. Do you have problem cleaning your windows or reaching the handle and open them?

• Like 1

streamrsz,

Is the spacing for the invisible grilles fixed? Seems like yours is quite near to each other. Do you have problem cleaning your windows or reaching the handle and open them?

I do feel very near each other. Will you have problem cleaning?

Edited by starrystarry

hi, need some advise..

we are selling our 5 rm point block flat and the HDB staff came for an inspection and told us that we need to install the mild steel handrail at the dinning area with full length window. When our parent bought this flat 15 yrs ago, the contractor had submitted the renovation plan and was approved by HDB. just wondering if the full length aluminium grilles is not allowed all along by HDB as it has to be made of steel or is there a change in the guidelines over the years?

Hi streamrsz, check with you, are the invisible grills permanently fixed, and not able to slide/remove? If so, probably cleaning the glass windows will be very hard wor.

I've been getting many positive comments on my new grilles and rails, so I would like to share my "Before & After" pics here.

Before: Old-fashioned wrought iron grille gate

FrontDoor.jpg

After: Simple mild steel grille gate

P8040002.jpg

Before: Glass and aluminum staircase rails

Staircase-1.jpg

After: Simple mild steel staircase rails

P8040009.jpg

I sent you a message can you please provide the contacts for your grille maybe also how much u paid for the main door? THANKS !!!!!!!!

any good grill contractor to recommend. I am looking into installing alum grill ... cause got a walking toddler now ... Please PM me ...

me too.. I need to do up my window grills for my kitchen window...the existing grills have to go cos we're hacking away the wall tiles for the kitchen and contractor says the grills cannot be saved :(

So does anyone have any good contacts for window grills to share? Wd it them asap.. :help:

Thanks!! :)

hi

my contractor quoted me $5psf aluminium grilles (double hollow) one..

total of 26 panels of windows - cost $880 (double hollow aluminium)

grilles1.jpg