Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chewbecca

Home & Furnishing: The Grilles Story

hi

anyone knows what is the color of the base metal ( was told its silver) for galvanised & half-galvanised gates?

pls help

TIA

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

yeah hi, similar to what one poster posted, i like to know if those who fix wrought iron grills

have problems when trying to wash their windows compared to aluminium sliding grilles? anyone?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Here's a picture of the grille in one of my rooms

DSCN0345.jpg

Hi Streamrsz,

So far any regrets using invisible grilles after using it for months? Can it be force opened? How do you grab the handle to close or open your windows? Can your hand go through the grilles?

Hi! anyone can advice whether we can remove or change the grilles at bay window? The grilles at my bay window is fixed by HDB and runs from the ledge to the top. It spoils the view. Anyone can advise me?

found clearer images on the Legate website,

200961617260862.jpg

200961617254598.jpg

2009413161317355.jpg

but, question is.. since it's fixed grilles.. wouldn't it be hard to reach out to the handle when opening and closing the windows? n secondly.. it looks so thin.. would it be "sharp" and easily get cuts on your hands? what is the materials used?

perhaps will make a trip down to the showroom and find out all the answers.. the showroom stated on their website is somewhere near bishan.. at the Jalan Permimpin..

hope to hear more detail review from streamrsz

Thanks!

i jus called Legate, their website is not updated. showroom is now moved to:

ang mo kio ave 5

north star building

02-39

S(569880)

i guess for those who interested.. perhaps best to visit their showroom n see for yourself.. n at least can get all your questions answered..

Just called Legate.

Price: $12/psf

The grills are made up of stainless steel cables wrapped in some kind of plastic cover - I imagine it to be close to those steel cable-type bicycle locks.

The gap between each cable is between 2' - 6' upon request

Additional transport charge of $80 if the order is less than 100ft.

Optional color for black $80/batch (not very sure if I understand this correctly :P)

This grills are fixed onto your window frame; i.e. you can't open it like a conventional grill casement. instead, you need to slip your hand through the cables to access your windows. I would think 3-4' width will be adequate for my hand to slip through & not too wide, in case the kids will attempt to put their heads through...

found clearer images on the Legate website,

200961617260862.jpg

200961617254598.jpg

2009413161317355.jpg

but, question is.. since it's fixed grilles.. wouldn't it be hard to reach out to the handle when opening and closing the windows? n secondly.. it looks so thin.. would it be "sharp" and easily get cuts on your hands? what is the materials used?

perhaps will make a trip down to the showroom and find out all the answers.. the showroom stated on their website is somewhere near bishan.. at the Jalan Permimpin..

hope to hear more detail review from streamrsz

Thanks!

Bro,

Any idea if the invisible grill can be installed horizontally?

Meaning we don't need to stretch it over the entire window, only need to put the grill on 1/3 of the bottom, this way i still can clean the windows.

I'm installing this grill for my baby actually, and the occasional visits by my nephew and nieces, what do you guys think of my idea to install only over 1/3 of the window?

Edited by Daveteu

Bro,

Any idea if the invisible grill can be installed horizontally?

Meaning we don't need to stretch it over the entire window, only need to put the grill on 1/3 of the bottom, this way i still can clean the windows.

I'm installing this grill for my baby actually, and the occasional visits by my nephew and nieces, what do you guys think of my idea to install only over 1/3 of the window?

It can be installed horizontally. I've seen it before. But there will vertical grilles on strategic spots if your window is very wide. This is to stabilize the grilles. In my opinion, the vertical grilles look better.