Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chewbecca

Home & Furnishing: The Grilles Story

Bro,

Any idea if the invisible grill can be installed horizontally?

Meaning we don't need to stretch it over the entire window, only need to put the grill on 1/3 of the bottom, this way i still can clean the windows.

I'm installing this grill for my baby actually, and the occasional visits by my nephew and nieces, what do you guys think of my idea to install only over 1/3 of the window?

erm.. personally i tink vertical is better.. horizontal give ways to kids for climbing up.. which eventually might become another hazard.. n imagine the grill is only 1/3 of ur window's height.. what if kids climb up n i can't imagine wat would happen next when they reach the "last line" on the grill..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Can anyone recommend to me a contractor who can just install windows without the grilles?

Hey u can go www.tayboontat.com for some info

Recently i've just installing up aluminium grilles from them, quite reasonable price & good services

for the transparent window grilles, do the "wires" trap "dirts" easily?

is it difficult to clean?

is it lasting (for more than 10 years)?

THanks.

can anyone suggest what window grilles are suitable for the below types of windows:

should i only install grilles on thoes winodws tat can be opened and not those fixed ones?

IMG_0709.jpg

My entrance gate is from Metal World 8 years ago. they hv tis so called 10 years warranty. last year, i had realised my gate had turned rusty,so i dig out the warranty and went down to their branch at Causeway Point. Fixed an appointment with them to come for touch up ( hv to pay for the labour charge for their man to come, juz TOUCH UP ), they say will call me. But after waiting for 1 week, nobody call. So i went down again to causeway point, the lady rearrange again for me a date. Its on 16/06/2010 at 11.30am. I waited till 11.45am,nobody turn up. call again, the lady say their workerr will come at 12.30pm. I told her i hv an appointment at 1pm. then she say she need to check out wif their worker 1st, after 5 mins, she call, telling me tat PIE traffic jam, tree falling down, asking me can change to 17/06/2010. My god, their after sales service sucks like ****!! i login to the LTA web site, traffic camera show PIE is free flowing,no jam at all! No tree falling 2 !! Really lousy service!! :curse:

there is another company which does invisblegrille too.thier wires are powder coated instead of plastic coated.the company is invisiblegrille. i am going to install mine next week :D

I searched for the website, it's a malaysia's company? hv u visited their showroom before engaging them? if they're in malaysia, wouldn't it quite a troublesome matters to look for them should there be any problem?

oops.. sorry.. found the Singapore website.. so they hv it in Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 1.. hehee.. paiseh.. will check them out as well.. thanks for the intro!!!

but jus wondering.. this 1 also cannot slide or open like the normal grilles, rite? what's other differences (other than the powder coated wires) between Le-grille n Invisiblegrille? how much u did urs?

Edited by xlan

i called and got a quotation so i think calling is faster? lol

it is fixed so cannot slide open. the person have showed me how the invisiblegrille works and actually because its still quite easy for hands to fit through the gap, so does not really obstruct.

i did visit le-gate at the recent booth they set up at the expo for some living fair. i find le-gate's worksmanship not as good as invisiblegrille's judging on the samples they show me.

i am doing four windows for my 4-room flat and my total cost was $1100.

it is charged at 12.90/sq feet. did re-consider after hearing the price before getting but it really is big difference with normal grille so i find it worth it :D

I sent you a message can you please provide the contacts for your grille maybe also how much u paid for the main door? THANKS !!!!!!!!

hi im looking for your kind of door grilles. could u provide me with ur contact? tks

Hi there

Does anyone has experience with Pang Giap Enterprise? Am thinking of getting customised window grills from there but not sure of their quality and service.

Please advise!

Hi there

Does anyone has experience with Pang Giap Enterprise? Am thinking of getting customised window grills from there but not sure of their quality and service.

Please advise!

Hi

I guess quality should be not bad, but i think service not very good.

Take a look on this: http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...amp;hl=panggiap

hi

my contractor quoted me $5psf aluminium grilles (double hollow) one..

total of 26 panels of windows - cost $880 (double hollow aluminium)

grilles1.jpg

Hi, can i have the contacts for ur window grill?

or anyone have it?

can PM me ?

thkx

thkx

Edited by AXO_vampire

Hi, will like to check for casement window, happen that if the handle/knob is damage, possible to get it replaced? any idea on who to contact if it can be replace? Thanks :)