Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chewbecca

Home & Furnishing: The Grilles Story

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi, will like to check whether anyone have done casement window with a fixed panel below? It is because currently my house balcony window is only 850mm and it kind of too low. Think of changing it to window with fixed panel so that it will be more safe. Try apply for the permit to change to window with fixed panel but being reject by HDB as it need PE endorsement. But in the first place the window is so low, it so dangerous. Anyone have encounter this problem before? Thanks ::)

Hi all!!

My window and grilles currently done by a brother team, Alex and Vincent. Windows have just been installed and everything seems to be great.

As I did not do any plastering, they help me to plaster it nice nice at the window edge for paint to be done. Talking to them and you can see that they are very confident of what they do in.

Now left the grilles portion, hope it will be as great as the windows! :sport-smiley-003:

I used to work for an aluminium supplier which supplies all the aluminium grilles and profiles... pm me anyone who needs contact.

Has anyone engaged F&A Aluminium for its window and grill works? Can share ur experience here?

don't ever, ever, ever, ever, engaged F&A Aluminium. very expensive (cheap price on flyer is bait). very pushy and makes you feel guilty when you ask them to quote (no such thing as free quotation to them i think). and once engaged and deposit paid, the person who you liaise with disappears and expects you to project manage with their guys on site.

Thanks. Gotten a quote which is $960 cheaper than what ID quoted!!! Yet to install thus unable to provide any feedback regarding the workmanship.

Hi Big mouse,

The grille contractor quoted me $1200 (ID quoted me $2160) & throw in 1 free window which ID quoted me $480.. so total saving $1440....

Hi Big Mouse,

I am using New Harvest Aluminium Works - 9691 5029 (Mr A.B. Tang.)
Had not installed yet so cant feedback regarding the workmanship.

Hey, i'm planning to replace all windows and grilles for my resale 4a unit, need some advise on this.

my unit is a corridor unit. is it ok to install alum grilles? i was told to install iron grille instead but they are so much more expensive. am i right to say that grilles along corridor should be fixed rather than sliding? a contractor actually recommend casement iron grille for easy cleaning. but a window guy told me not to have any keys for corridor as many key lock can be easily open.

another issue is to do white powder coat the alum grilles or not. was told that dirty will stain it and its very difficult to clean. is that true? or should i just stick with plain alum? whites grilles looks so much better.

last question, for yard area which is a better choice? casement window or slide?

Hi Mummychua,

As my current flat is a corner unit hence i do not face the same problem as you. But for my mum's house, she installed iron grille for the living room & the rest alum grille for security purpose.

If it fixed, you might faces cleaning problem later.. but normally i will wipe it only once a year before CNY... haha

I choose white grille & so far i feel it easier to clean as compare to others.

This is the old grilles, it had been used for 11 years & still looks ok... we changed it due to the gap size as we have young kids at home.

This is the newly installed grille.

image 1