Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pulsar

Extra Room Above Staircase

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Wow... To be solid concrete, you need builder to do up the foundation. Anyway i don't think HDB is another to do due to low ceiling & the structure of the flat. Maybe condo or landed is still achievable.

If you bought a HDB flat on the top floor which has a high ceiling (following the sloping shape of the roof), you would probably be able to build a small attic. I understand that it is not approved by HDB, meaning that it has to be removed if you are going to sell your house.

My parents have one such attic but it is teeny, just enough to put a super single single mattress, and you got to watch where you walk otherwise you'll bump your head. They built the attic because our EA had one room knocked down and it was left with only 2 bedrooms and we needed one extra room. We've had it for over 5 yrs already, no problems with the structure. It's very solid and once 4 of us adults squeezed up there because the air con units in the other rooms died. Yes, that attic has got air-con too :D

Do drop me a PM me if you need more details on building it.