Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
goodman123

Anyone Buy Furniture From Jb Before

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
just curious whether had any bros or sis here ever purchase the sofa or perhaps dinning table from JB before? Is it expensive ???? Please advise. Thanks.

Never buy before, but last time there are some RT pple here who bought, have to pay GST at SG Customs hor.

I bought from JB for living room and dinning room items. From JB Lorenzo. the prices are super deep (poped my eyes before i comfort myself that it is in RM.. hee), but i got there on the last day of opening special, whole building with 50% discount, so purchased right there. they add 7%GST+380RM for transport, thats all. maybe they sell big items so transport is not high. other cheaper brands like cavanzi or others charge more than 500 for transport to SG. Overall after discount + transport & GST i got them cheaper than what Courts here are selling, for the same items.

There is another brand (replica of Lorenzo) is Rustica. Cheaper but quality is the same but of coz no brand here in sg.

lightings, it looks to me like it is cheaper in JB... i haven't compared apple to apple though, just an overall impression.

Edited by GSXR~RACER

yes, bought in JB for my new unit. The shop is called ' Soonly Ann' , very famous furniture shop in JB according to my aunty stay in JB. The sales person is nice.. i think the name is kelly, can give you lot of advises. they got few shops in JB but i visited the one behind Jusco Terbau City bcos can go there for movie and shopping...haha...

I have bought toilet accessories, tv console and mable dining table from jb. Saved quite a sum.

Toilet accessories inc taps, clothes hangers, glass basins, mirrors, towel rack etc. total saved S$200+ including sg tax ( with comparison to getting from poh joo). got to declare at SG customs and was taxed for the goods cos we bring in ourselves. U can ask the shops assistants about "Tax" (can't reveal much here... hehe)

TV Console n mable table was delivered last week. minor scratches on tv console but we close eye lar... very pleased with the 8' x 7' tv console with display cabinets....

Simple tv console in sg 8'x2' cost about 1.5K. i bought the huge tv console which can mount my 42" plasma on it cost me about S$1000 (inc gst + delivery charges)

mable table is very worth it. saw a 4' mable table in furniture mall cost $1.2K. my 4' mable with 4 chairs from jb only cost me S$380

total saving 2700-1400 = S$1300!!

the shop i buy my furniture will take 30% deposit and balance pay in cash upon delivery ( satisfied den pay, if not they got to bring back n exchange)

there is one shop my fren bought his furniture near best mart. mus pay 100%. the delivery man sent the goods few days earlier than agreed. my fren was at work ... they jus left everything outside his house and the goods caught some rain. glass dinning table scratched at the frame and glass top...

never pay in full when you place order ok... compare and ask lots of questions

oh ya ... wall lights i also buy in jb super cheap...

happy shopping

(now saving up $ for my sofa ... will buy from jb too. saw similar L shape in SG S$1500 the one i like in jb is less than S$750 (inc tax + delivery)) ;)

Edited by JinnGin

is it cheaper to buy from jb or in singapore ?

i feel for quality ....go for singapore...

Edited by nesh

If we search hard enough locally, we might be able to get good prices too. Prices of some funiture at furniture mall are double or triple of what is selling at places like S&C and Hommage.

I have bought toilet accessories, tv console and mable dining table from jb. Saved quite a sum.

Toilet accessories inc taps, clothes hangers, glass basins, mirrors, towel rack etc. total saved S$200+ including sg tax ( with comparison to getting from poh joo). got to declare at SG customs and was taxed for the goods cos we bring in ourselves. U can ask the shops assistants about "Tax" (can't reveal much here... hehe)

TV Console n mable table was delivered last week. minor scratches on tv console but we close eye lar... very pleased with the 8' x 7' tv console with display cabinets....

Simple tv console in sg 8'x2' cost about 1.5K. i bought the huge tv console which can mount my 42" plasma on it cost me about S$1000 (inc gst + delivery charges)

mable table is very worth it. saw a 4' mable table in furniture mall cost $1.2K. my 4' mable with 4 chairs from jb only cost me S$380

total saving 2700-1400 = S$1300!!

the shop i buy my furniture will take 30% deposit and balance pay in cash upon delivery ( satisfied den pay, if not they got to bring back n exchange)

there is one shop my fren bought his furniture near best mart. mus pay 100%. the delivery man sent the goods few days earlier than agreed. my fren was at work ... they jus left everything outside his house and the goods caught some rain. glass dinning table scratched at the frame and glass top...

never pay in full when you place order ok... compare and ask lots of questions

oh ya ... wall lights i also buy in jb super cheap...

happy shopping

(now saving up $ for my sofa ... will buy from jb too. saw similar L shape in SG S$1500 the one i like in jb is less than S$750 (inc tax + delivery)) ;)

hi can share where u buy? is it cavenzi?

Interesting thread! how about the exact location to buy the furniture?? like in singapore there is sungei kadut. is there one in jB?

here's some info for all who are interested.

JB do not have furniture malls. only shops in different tamans.

Near Bukit Indah :Jalan Sutera Danga - Best mart area got many shops ( Near to 2nd link) can skip the shop name IxxxxxZa that's the one gave my friend problem

Tmn Molek :Jln Molek 1/X behind HSBC bank got quite a few... however i find the pricing a little steep. but it depends on what you are looking for ...

Tmn Johor Jaya: Jln Ros Merah

Jalan Skudai, from Senai towards JB Town, the Giant, Taman Impian Skudai (bought my tv console and dining table there) future sofa will buy from the neighbour

tv console

DSC00024.jpg

mable dining table

DSC00015.jpg

singapore imports furniture mainly from china and msia. the greatest benefit i enjoyed buying from jb is different design at cheaper pricing.

total my saving for tv console, sofa, dining, toilet accessories =S$2000

Edited by JinnGin

hi jinngin

how much u pay for those items>

tv console S$1000 (gst, delivery n installation included)

Mable dining table is S$380 (gst, delivery n installation included)

:D

hi

care to share where exactly you got the toilet accessories from?

thanks.

tv console S$1000 (gst, delivery n installation included)

Mable dining table is S$380 (gst, delivery n installation included)

:D