Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zhiz

Lessons From The Id Selection Process

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

have pm you guys, let me know if i missed out anyone.

good luck in your ID search

have pm you guys, let me know if i missed out anyone.

good luck in your ID search

Hi Zhiz,

I'm getting my keys this week and I;ve also started with my ID search.

So far I've got 3 IDs. Like you said I really hate the process of meeting them,

going thru the whole discussion thing etc. Very Tiring. In the end, very confused

and dun really know which one to go for as they came back with almost same

quotation.

Appreciate if you could PM me your ID as well?

Many Thanks.

Hi Zhiz,

I'm getting my keys this week and I;ve also started with my ID search.

So far I've got 3 IDs. Like you said I really hate the process of meeting them,

going thru the whole discussion thing etc. Very Tiring. In the end, very confused

and dun really know which one to go for as they came back with almost same

quotation.

Appreciate if you could PM me your ID as well?

Many Thanks.

I think everyone went through the same thing :)

yah, i cant's agree more too. Sometimes, going around looking for ID is very tiring, so i trusted my friend's recommendation (after going to her plc to look at the workmanship) and i just went straight to the recommended ID and since pricing was right, we signed on the dotted line once overall details were finalised.

Prior to deciding on my ID, i went thru at least 3 others and some of them, were either too busy to even come back with a qoute (had to wait up to 2 weeks for some) and others just wasnt sincere enough (even though our budget was ~40k, total damage close to 50K becoss of additional stuffs).

I think,, important thing is also if you can "click" with your ID and the process would be smooth sailing and relatively hassle-less, like for me!

yah, i cant's agree more too. Sometimes, going around looking for ID is very tiring, so i trusted my friend's recommendation (after going to her plc to look at the workmanship) and i just went straight to the recommended ID and since pricing was right, we signed on the dotted line once overall details were finalised.

Prior to deciding on my ID, i went thru at least 3 others and some of them, were either too busy to even come back with a qoute (had to wait up to 2 weeks for some) and others just wasnt sincere enough (even though our budget was ~40k, total damage close to 50K becoss of additional stuffs).

I think,, important thing is also if you can "click" with your ID and the process would be smooth sailing and relatively hassle-less, like for me!

Your experience probably totally similar to mine!

Being able to trust the ID and having a hassle free experience is very impt to me. And of course not overpaying for the service rendered. So I can roughly know from my fren where and when i can try to bargain and get discounts cos can compare! ;)

Edited by zhiz

The process of ID hunting can be quite fruitful too :-)

Go around and speak with IDs. Extract their ideas - you may still use their ideas even if you don't give them the job. Look at the showrooms - find out what you like and figure out how you can use the features in your own house.

I think a lot of people just rely on others when looking for ID/contractor. Some of the things shared on this forum is not entirely true, you got to experience it to find out. Moreover, what worked for others might not work for you, 'cos different people got different tastes.

No doubt ID hunting is tiring, but fortunately you only do it once in many years. So why don't you take it positively and enjoy the entire journey? (Provided you don't look for a contractor that makes you vomit blood)

The process of ID hunting can be quite fruitful too :-)

Go around and speak with IDs. Extract their ideas - you may still use their ideas even if you don't give them the job. Look at the showrooms - find out what you like and figure out how you can use the features in your own house.

I think a lot of people just rely on others when looking for ID/contractor. Some of the things shared on this forum is not entirely true, you got to experience it to find out. Moreover, what worked for others might not work for you, 'cos different people got different tastes.

No doubt ID hunting is tiring, but fortunately you only do it once in many years. So why don't you take it positively and enjoy the entire journey? (Provided you don't look for a contractor that makes you vomit blood)

Yes you are right. It was a little fun in the beginning actually.

But the eventual decision is quite hard to make if you met too many nice ID and you feel bad that they spend significant time with you.

Most imptly is that one need to feel comfortable with the ID you meet and feel that you can trust the ID with your reno. That is usually the deal clincher in most cases as you will realize the quote comparison doesnt make sense after a while.

I start with 2 IDs that were recommended by the forum. Hot IDs. What I find is they are too busy. And they won't be rejecting jobs = $$$ just because they are busy.

I set a high standard with them, schedule, when to meet, how many days will be on site. I told them I mean business. I want it hassle free..I don't want to be their sandwiches between their contractors just because they are busy.

I can see the fickles in their eyes. Busy ID = no time for you = sub standard no matter what. = you need to help them rectified their problem...

It is like, can u pass an exam without study?

Searching a good IDs is setting a high standard at the beginning. If they are good, they are not worry.

Those that are full of hot airs...will be scare off. Why?

Because I want them to note all these requirements as comments.

Edited by negarawan

I start with 2 IDs that were recommended by the forum. Hot IDs. What I find is they are too busy. And they won't be rejecting jobs = $$$ just because they are busy.

I set a high standard with them, schedule, when to meet, how many days will be on site. I told them I mean business. I want it hassle free..I don't want to be their sandwiches between their contractors just because they are busy.

I can see the fickles in their eyes. Busy ID = no time for you = sub standard no matter what. = you need to help them rectified their problem...

It is like, can u pass an exam without study?

Searching a good IDs is setting a high standard at the beginning. If they are good, they are not worry.

Those that are full of hot airs...will be scare off. Why?

Because I want them to note all these requirements as comments.

Yes thats a very good point. That was my concern too when i see how 'hot' some ID was.

But really glad that my ID did not take up all the referrals that I provided but passed on to her colleagues cos she do not wish to compromise her work and time for all her projects. But she did promise that her colleagues will provide the same level of professionalism.

So how did you finally select your ID?

I set high standard. I tell them i don't like to talk nonsense. I need status updates, if they can't provide that service...then we don't waste each other time. I want them to firm down the contract end date. This end date should include rectification time. And I usually choose experienced and mature designers. Cause their EQ are better.

This method works..well.