Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zhiz

Lessons From The Id Selection Process

i agree it is very important to see completed works. my id bought me to a few and even showed me showflats. they were the ones that did the showflats!!

i was really impressed, more so when they have their own factory. very good quality control.

i had a painless and smooth reno.

Hi Chatmng

Cld u pls pm me your ID contact details too? Tks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi all..need your expert advice...

From looking for ID to confirm an ID, how long you take? Am still thinking if I should start looking for ID now but going to reno 6-9mths later, would they ignore my quote request.

Even if sign it would be stated that's indicative cos along the way things may change or adjust or added

Anyways why would we want to pay gst when the money is for govt. The gst can be saved for an extra shelf or coffee table.

ID dun earn from gst so doesn't make sense for them to give more discount to customer.

Hi Zhiz,

Could you please PM me your reno ID's name & contact? Many thanks!

Hi all

Just thought I would share my ID selection process, which is probably like everyone else.

Come to renotalk, read all the thread, see nice pics or comments and then get the ID contact through pm and meet up with ID. Meet one not enough, meet more and more and more. Tire out cos talk so much and long each time. Realise all quotes the same. This item more ex, that item more ex. Basically cancel out. Also its all undiscounted pricing.

I went through this and because I had time to spare, i give up and stop totally.

2 month later, I visit a friend new renovated home. They went through the same process and was so tired they just choose the last one which was the cheapest. Turn out very jialat, they had to keep reminding the ID to do the retifications etc. They told me they would rather just had paid the normal market price to have a peace of mind rather than doing the chasing all the time. Even had to draw out time schedule for the ID.

Then one week later visit another friend house. Her experience totally different. Totally relaxed and happy and everytime they visited their place, it was a pleasant feeling or something more that was done. Any problems were surely rectified. ID go house to check daily to ensure all is ok. They totally trusted their ID as well because she was reliable. Handover on schedule as well. She only recommended to me after her reno was completed to ensure that whoever she recommended was truely recommendable.

So after the months of meeting different ID etc, I just decided to go for my friend ID without much consideration or even quote comparison.

Next week is my reno. The past few weeks experiences has been good, through design concept, the tiles selection, site visit.

I guess no matter how many ID we meet, we will now know how good, reliable, meticulous an ID is unless its a direct referral from a friend. Because you cannot really find out all about this until after you sign on the dotted line.

So its impt to have good friends that recommend you only good ID that they have experienced with.

ps: its quite interesting to meet a few ID to get ideas and roughly understand the process and things to consider. but dun be addicted to it as you will burn out.

My ID also did a wonderful job with 5-room HDB .... but I did a lot of research first .... I found it hard to find anyone who would 'highly recommend' their IDs, so I'm so glad to see that a few people would. I also highly recommend mine. You got to pick someone who is attentive to details, and willing to make changes, and good price. Doing your research with a few is the most important, and check out their past projects so you get a feel for their quality and wormanship.

I also found it helpful to make sure I could 'add' new clauses into their contract so speciify a handover date and the brands used of all products. That way, there was full aligned on both sides, and I had recourse to take legal action should something differ from the contract. Thankfully, my ID was a champion, and it came in under budget and delivered way above my expectations. Happy to share details if needed.

Hi, I am new and looking for an ID, can you PM me your ID please? Thank you!

My ID also did a wonderful job with 5-room HDB .... but I did a lot of research first .... I found it hard to find anyone who would 'highly recommend' their IDs, so I'm so glad to see that a few people would. I also highly recommend mine. You got to pick someone who is attentive to details, and willing to make changes, and good price. Doing your research with a few is the most important, and check out their past projects so you get a feel for their quality and wormanship.

I also found it helpful to make sure I could 'add' new clauses into their contract so speciify a handover date and the brands used of all products. That way, there was full aligned on both sides, and I had recourse to take legal action should something differ from the contract. Thankfully, my ID was a champion, and it came in under budget and delivered way above my expectations. Happy to share details if needed.

Hi, can I get contact details of your ID too please? Shopping around at the moment, we talked to one ID already and quite like her, but would like to shop around for more. When is a good time to start searching and confirming? We wouldn't get the house anytime soon ..

Replied to all

Anyway just customized 2 cabinet recently

share piccs later

Dont use this id/contractor from Poshstone or Cosmo . Bad attitude and many many hidden cost. It was reccomended by a friend .Mt fault for not doing do my homework. hIS money payment was flexible but when the bill came ,had a shock!! overcharge and overcharge

Warning to all

Hi Zhiz

Thanks for the great info and sharing from all. I have benefitted much, getting my keys soon. Could you pls pm me your id? Thanks!