Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zhiz

Too Difficult To Choose A Mattress

After reading up, lying on mattress, looking at the huge varying prices, how can anyone really make up their mind on mattress choosing?

Soft, Medium soft, hard, brands, latex, pocket spring, memory foam.

DIfferent brand, different sales talk, different techonology or brand bashing....

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
After reading up, lying on mattress, looking at the huge varying prices, how can anyone really make up their mind on mattress choosing?

Soft, Medium soft, hard, brands, latex, pocket spring, memory foam.

DIfferent brand, different sales talk, different techonology or brand bashing....

The world rankings are as follows:

Sealy, Simmons, Serta, Tempur.

It really depends how much money you have for your mattress. If you have less than 1.5K, buy a Four Star, cheap and good.

If you have more than 1.5K, choose something from the top brands. If you sleep on your back, get something firm, if you sleep on your side you will need something plusher.

Best bet is to take your time to try. If I were you I would spend my money on the established brands.

The established brands are as follow:

Sealy, Simmons, Serta, Slumberland, KingKoil, Four Star, Dunlopillo. I am sure you will find what you like from these brands.

Good Luck.

The world rankings are as follows:

Sealy, Simmons, Serta, Tempur.

It really depends how much money you have for your mattress. If you have less than 1.5K, buy a Four Star, cheap and good.

If you have more than 1.5K, choose something from the top brands. If you sleep on your back, get something firm, if you sleep on your side you will need something plusher.

Best bet is to take your time to try. If I were you I would spend my money on the established brands.

The established brands are as follow:

Sealy, Simmons, Serta, Slumberland, KingKoil, Four Star, Dunlopillo. I am sure you will find what you like from these brands.

Good Luck.

thanks for your sharing. simple and direct and useful

put technology aside. price should never be a concern. go for 1 that makes u feel comfortable.

cos wat's ex may not be good and wats cheap may not be bad.

u gonna spend at least 1/3 of ur life on that mattress.

put technology aside. price should never be a concern. go for 1 that makes u feel comfortable.

cos wat's ex may not be good and wats cheap may not be bad.

u gonna spend at least 1/3 of ur life on that mattress.

the problem is that at a air con show room, its hard to know. also the softer one tends to be more comfortable for the short while that you are lying there.

the problem is that at a air con show room, its hard to know. also the softer one tends to be more comfortable for the short while that you are lying there.

You are absolutely right. Softer mattresses act like a winter coat. So if you are not planning to sleep with your air-con on, get something firmer so that you are not stuck inside your mattress.

can I know where are the recommended places to shop for mattresses?

Prefer a place with a range of brands and pricing wise is reasonable.

can I know where are the recommended places to shop for mattresses?

Prefer a place with a range of brands and pricing wise is reasonable.

Go to Furniture Mall...they have a lot of shops there selling mattresses so you can have your pick. But be prepared to spend a whole day there..and it's going to be tiring.

Go to Furniture Mall...they have a lot of shops there selling mattresses so you can have your pick. But be prepared to spend a whole day there..and it's going to be tiring.

a lot of black shops there for furnitures so a bit wary. haha. mattress shops are ok?

correct... hence at 1 stage i was even considering Ikea's mattress cos of their return policy. but scrapped it cos even their firmest is still too soft for my liking lor

Edited by Batman

a lot of black shops there for furnitures so a bit wary. haha. mattress shops are ok?

Good Places to buy mattresses in Singapore are:

Robinsons Bedshop, Courts Megastore and Tangs Vivocity.

All the above are reputable store with a selection of branded mattresses. The stores will protect you even if the brands are dishonest.

IMM and Furniture mall are good because of the presence of many boutiques but I suggest you stick to reputable brands which are:

Sealy, Simmons, Slumberland, Dunlopillo, the rest are a little dodgy.

Good Places to buy mattresses in Singapore are:

Robinsons Bedshop, Courts Megastore and Tangs Vivocity.

All the above are reputable store with a selection of branded mattresses. The stores will protect you even if the brands are dishonest.

IMM and Furniture mall are good because of the presence of many boutiques but I suggest you stick to reputable brands which are:

Sealy, Simmons, Slumberland, Dunlopillo, the rest are a little dodgy.

thanks!!!

Hey, how about King Koil? dodgy as well??

KingKoil not bad, but a bit dodgy because the local manufacturer is a licensee.

But they have been around awhile, I am not a fan.