Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
samantha546

Mirror Placement

Can someone please tell me if there are places not good for a mirror in the dining room? ie: directional facing, etc?

I just read that it's not good to have a mirror facing the front door and so I thought I'd check on the above question.

Thanks.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Can someone please tell me if there are places not good for a mirror in the dining room? ie: directional facing, etc?

I just read that it's not good to have a mirror facing the front door and so I thought I'd check on the above question.

Thanks.

Generally speaking, mirrors don't face front door. Understand that most people would want to reflect nice things or expand the place. How it actually relate to feng shui really have to depend on your home and what the master recommend. The placement depend from master to master. Some say reflect more food (certain masters), some use it to reflect bad shapes, some master use it to expand space or some apply for missing corners like C. Lee.

I think as long as it look nice, it is alright. Nowadays, I notice a lot of showrooms use mirrors abundantly. Hope helps.

Generally speaking, mirrors don't face front door. Understand that most people would want to reflect nice things or expand the place. How it actually relate to feng shui really have to depend on your home and what the master recommend. The placement depend from master to master. Some say reflect more food (certain masters), some use it to reflect bad shapes, some master use it to expand space or some apply for missing corners like C. Lee.

I think as long as it look nice, it is alright. Nowadays, I notice a lot of showrooms use mirrors abundantly. Hope helps.

How about reflecting room door or passage way?

How about reflecting room door or passage way?

Only a master will be able to tell whether that reflection is good or not.

Got once my relative had YLZ said her balcony reflection of the tree is nice....got shape of 'turtle'...auspicious! Then one year later, AP said that is a 'sha'...no good.

The problem is which master say is correct? I think use your own judgment.

Thanks.

Mirror is a double edge sword. It can be useful and also be harmful. In your case, the purpose of placing mirror at ur dining table

is to "double" the amount of food u cook. According to chinese traddition, food is wealth. more wealth = more food and vice verse.

to be more extreme, u should construct a platform for dining area. There a chinese saying... having one's meal is same as emperor.

but of course platform in dining area is subjective.

Mirror facing the main door.

Subjective, if there a "bad arrow" facing ur door. Mirro is use to reflect away the bad thing. BUt is ur wealth is coming from the main door, thus having

mirror is also like reflecting away wealth coming to u.

It will be wise to consult a FSM.

Regards

MIRROR in showroom is to "double up customer". And also it will make the showroom more spacious.

MIRROR in showroom is to "double up customer". And also it will make the showroom more spacious.

Depends on where it is placed.

Food court also have stalls that don't benefit from mirrors.